True goalie, total failure

Silence

Assuming I even could find a slot and order some 20.2s this spring I'm on the fence if I'd want to spend that kind of coin on a set of pads just yet. If I were to decide to wait for say the 20.3s or even 20.4s, I wonder if I'd still be able to have pads made in the Lefevre factory, not just outsourced non-pro pads made by True in china somewhere. If we were close to the end of non-pro Canadian made Lefevre pads I would be alot more willing to pay up now before they're gone. 

Does anyone know anything, or heard any rumors about True's intentions to bring the pads to a more mass market? Maybe a two tiered system or something? 

On 3/23/2022 at 3:11 AM, Oshnatour said:

Assuming I even could find a slot and order some 20.2s this spring I'm on the fence if I'd want to spend that kind of coin on a set of pads just yet. If I were to decide to wait for say the 20.3s or even 20.4s, I wonder if I'd still be able to have pads made in the Lefevre factory, not just outsourced non-pro pads made by True in china somewhere. If we were close to the end of non-pro Canadian made Lefevre pads I would be alot more willing to pay up now before they're gone. 

Does anyone know anything, or heard any rumors about True's intentions to bring the pads to a more mass market? Maybe a two tiered system or something? 

At the moment, the plan is to follow the skates

Custom = Made in Canada

Stock Retail = Off Shore

There will be a 12.1 Custom and a 12.1 Stock basically

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 4:11 AM, Oshnatour said:

My guess, it's going to Asia if orders start picking up as they have, but at that price point no thanks.  Hopefully they start adjusting that.

For now, I will stick to discounts I can find from a few for CCMs.

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

My guess, it's going to Asia if orders start picking up as they have, but at that price point no thanks.  Hopefully they start adjusting that.

For now, I will stick to discounts I can find from a few for CCMs.

From what I've seen, Asian-made Trues will be priced closer to today's off-the-shelf retail pro product and not priced as high as Canadian-made Trues.

EDIT: Does anyone find it ironic that all the True discussion is happening in a thread where the OP was upset with True?

Edited by ZeroGravitas

22 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

From what I've seen, Asian-made Trues will be priced closer to today's off-the-shelf retail pro product and not priced as high as Canadian-made Trues.

EDIT: Does anyone find it ironic that all the True discussion is happening in a thread where the OP was upset with True?

I think we are all still upset lol

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I was just thinking of this the other day, let me see if I can split it off

• 1 month later...

Custom set just came in yesterday, order put in with True on April 4 estimated 6-8 weeks, shipped out on May 5 ahead of schedule.

PXL_20220509_140621018.jpg

32+2 single internal break no external break

Pro - Xtra palm

Edited by agrare
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, agrare said:

Custom set just came in yesterday, order put in with True on April 4 estimated 6-8 weeks, shipped out on May 5 ahead of schedule.

Which retailer did you order your set through? My order went in on March 28th but I don't think Pure had guaranteed production slots like some places did.

Just now, wox33 said:

Which retailer did you order your set through? My order went in on March 28th but I don't think Pure had guaranteed production slots like some places did.

This was through Goalie Monkey, got one of their April production slots on March 15

On 5/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, agrare said:

PXL_20220509_140621018.jpg

32+2 single internal break no external break

Pro - Xtra palm

What pads are you in currently and what size?

Just got an email that my True pads just got in way before the estimated date!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter36 said:

What pads are you in currently and what size?

Just got an email that my True pads just got in way before the estimated date!

I was in some CCM P2 33+1", here are some side-by-side shots for comparison.  They're approximately the same size, I lined up the knee blocks.  Hard to do a 1:1 comparison because the boot angle is different and the 20.2s are much straighter.

PXL_20220509_140927811.jpg

PXL_20220509_141011740.jpg

PXL_20220509_141026777.jpg

PXL_20220509_141039803.MP.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/9/2022 at 10:31 AM, wox33 said:

I ordered a custom 580 glove on march 20th from pure.  Origin build date I'd May 30th. Got a call yesterday that it should be at the store Monday.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:00 PM, Madmedic6 said:

I ordered a custom 580 glove on march 20th from pure.  Origin build date I'd May 30th. Got a call yesterday that it should be at the store Monday.

Nice. They just emailed me today saying that my set should be shipping out to me this week as they are just waiting on it to get to their warehouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since Pure Goalie seems to be selling them now (12.2 Blocker, 12.2 Catcher and 12.2 Leg Pads), it seems like it's OK to post about these.

Made in Vietnam - probably why they took so long to release - these were delayed once already to July 2022. Same county of origin as Warrior, which still hasn't come out in stores and had their custom program temporarily shut down, and CCM, which had some delays last year with their custom program and a delayed release date this year for Axis 2.

Pads seemed a little bit heavier than the Canadian-made versions. Closure on the catcher is pretty good out of the box. The two white leg pads I saw had the FastGlide material on the landing edge. The one black pad I saw did not. Makes sense as the True/Lefevre Customs only offer FastGlide in white. Pads come with Pro Laces - I'm not a Pro Laces expert, but I think they are the Hybrid - they have the little Velcro "washer" near the bridge. Gear looks to be pretty solid.

Not sure if the white pads had a defect in the leg channel - the material looked white with bits of blue in there instead of being a plain, pure white. It's more pronounced in the leg channel than it is in the thigh - see the picture in my post above with the little specks everywhere.

20.2 gear should be coming later this year, too.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Thanks 1