The Definitive Shooting & Playing the Puck Thread

Murray

16 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

What kind of curve do you use?

I have a pair of shinny paddles in a Quick curve, and a pair of game paddles in a Bishop curve. My passing is much more consistent with a Bishop curve. It doesn't let me do anything I can't with a Quick curve, but when I use my shinny paddles it's like you said, one play I send it up the glass and the next I biff it.

Mrazek, its the Warrior with the round toe.  Pretty sure its a heel curve.  I've wanted to try that Bishop twist too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Mrazek, its the Warrior with the round toe.  Pretty sure its a heel curve.  I've wanted to try that Bishop twist too.

I was sad when they went to that one instead of the "Rask" Heel curve version - I liked the square toe better.

I've found the standard Price CCM curve is a good all-around curve for passing and getting the puck up to the glass.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I’m not totally sure what the Bauer equivalent is to the Mrazek but I used to use the Quick curve and couldn’t lift anything off the ice consistently. I switched to the Bauer p31 (that’s why I don’t know if it’s equal to the Mrazek or not) but now I can get the puck off the ice whenever I want. If the Mrazek is equal to the p31 I would say it’s a waste of time to try it out but if it’s not it could worth the try. Made a huge difference for me.

3 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I’m not totally sure what the Bauer equivalent is to the Mrazek but I used to use the Quick curve and couldn’t lift anything off the ice consistently. I switched to the Bauer p31 (that’s why I don’t know if it’s equal to the Mrazek or not) but now I can get the puck off the ice whenever I want. If the Mrazek is equal to the p31 I would say it’s a waste of time to try it out but if it’s not it could worth the try. Made a huge difference for me.

I had the same issues with the Quick curve. 

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Bishop = P31

Mrazek = P34

5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I had the same issues with the Quick curve. 

I heard the PP41 is similar to the Quick curve, I also tried the Quick curve on a warrior stick but saw no improvement in me elevating the puck along with the PP41. Been using the Crawford curve on an eflex 4 and can elevate the puck a lot better and easier now

On 10/6/2020 at 4:55 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

mrazek retail warrior pattern is closest to bauer p39.

bauer p31 is closest to quick curve retail.

ccm price retail pattern closest to mrazek retail warrior pattern.

price, mrazek, p39 are all similar in that they all have rocker blade ( which 95% of all pros do) vs flat like the quick, p31, and others. this is not the same as just rounded toe or rounded heel.

what this means is the rebounds come off more control, faster reaction if using the correcting stick motion arc vs jabbing stabbing at it.,g

greater placement of the hands with longer paddles vs just the lie (most pros have way lower lie the retail sticks)

at the end of the day get a rocker blade easier to shoot then flat blade .  The rocker is diff from the curve u can have a no curve stick and have the bottom rockered.

On 10/7/2020 at 1:22 AM, DL42 said:

mrazek retail warrior pattern is closest to bauer p39.

bauer p31 is closest to quick curve retail.

ccm price retail pattern closest to mrazek retail warrior pattern.

price, mrazek, p39 are all similar in that they all have rocker blade ( which 95% of all pros do) vs flat like the quick, p31, and others. this is not the same as just rounded toe or rounded heel.

what this means is the rebounds come off more control, faster reaction if using the correcting stick motion arc vs jabbing stabbing at it.,g

greater placement of the hands with longer paddles vs just the lie (most pros have way lower lie the retail sticks)

at the end of the day get a rocker blade easier to shoot then flat blade .  The rocker is diff from the curve u can have a no curve stick and have the bottom rockered.

Sorry but no way. Quick curve and p31 are the only two curves I have ever used and they are nowhere near the same. 

Archived