Vaughn Velocity 6/7 Sizing

Nycaaron

I’m looking at buying some used Velocities online. Need some sizing help. Ive rocked a pair of 35+1 Eagles and realized they are too big, knee isn’t square on the cradle. 

my floor to knee measurement is 20 inches, ankle to knee 17 inches, I wear a size 10 skate, and I’m 5’10”. Help!!! 

the question is: 33+2 or 34+1? Also, is there any meaningful size differences between the V6 and V7 models? 

29 minutes ago, Nycaaron said:

I’m looking at buying some used Velocities online. Need some sizing help. Ive rocked a pair of 35+1 Eagles and realized they are too big, knee isn’t square on the cradle. 

my floor to knee measurement is 20 inches, ankle to knee 17 inches, I wear a size 10 skate, and I’m 5’10”. Help!!! 

the question is: 33+2 or 34+1? Also, is there any meaningful size differences between the V6 and V7 models? 

I have the same FTK and ATK as you.  I last wore the V4 in a 34+2.

I think the sizing has changed when they introduced carbon to the pad as they do not settle as much - you may want to drop down to a 33 if the pad has carbon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

I have the same FTK and ATK as you.  I last wore the V4 in a 34+2.

I think the sizing has changed when they introduced carbon to the pad as they do not settle as much - you may want to drop down to a 33 if the pad has carbon.

Appreciate the insight. The seller has a FTK at 19, 5'8" height, and they say the 33+2 V6 pads are too big for them... makes me think that the V6s (which have carbon) do in fact run a little large

32 minutes ago, Nycaaron said:

Appreciate the insight. The seller has a FTK at 19, 5'8" height, and they say the 33+2 V6 pads are too big for them... makes me think that the V6s (which have carbon) do in fact run a little large

I'm in the same range at FTK 20 and 5'11" and I have Warrior, Vaughn (V7) and Rbk pads in 33 and I do land very well on the block.