Eagle Steve Passmore Blocker Review

bunnyman666

Many of you wondered whatever became of the Steve Passmore blocker. Never fear, as I, the mediocre bunnyman of the bunnyman institute 2.0 have been charged as the steward of the Passmore. 

Passmore has been found to do well in more than just playing in goal. My Frankenblockers actually play better than the Passmore; however- they don’t do household chores like the Passmore can. Furthermore, the Passmore just makes you feel invincible whilst doing household chores. 

In the coming weeks, Passmore will be put through his paces, knocking out the post-pool season chores with nimble efficiency and with FLAIR. Stay tuned for the long-term review of the Eagle Steve Passmore blocker!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, MTH said:

Damn you Bunny for dying. These reviews would have been internet gold.

I miss you buddy. Get your ghost ass back to your house and send me the blocker!

38 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

Miss you Doug…..

Whoa what? That's horrible... Where did this news break?

Yeah; late spring. 

I sent Doug the infamous Passmore blocker. I had done a review of it on the GSBB where I used it for hockey, cutting the grass, baking, drinking, etc. Doug loved it. So while he was battling his ailments, I sent it to him to enjoy. He promised me that he would continue on the fun antics with the glove.

Seriously, I wonder where the blocker is. I hope his family just didn't see that thing for junk it really is and toss it.

Why I'm mad at ghost Doug for not getting it back to me. Or, better, do a proper review of it as a ghost. 

You're letting me down, Doug. It's not like you're busy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MTH said:

[...]

Why I'm mad at ghost Doug for not getting it back to me. Or, better, do a proper review of it as a ghost. 

To be fair, it's Halloween soon and it's their busy time of the year.

• Like 1

Unfortunately GSBB evaporated and took the pages of crap I wrote with it.

Summary of the glove story:

I was looking for gear with some yellow in it as I had picked up a set of yellow pads (MAF was wearing sport gold then)

Eagle gear was cool. This blocker was blue and gold. I think I paid all of $20 for it shipped.

Glove arrives and I notice that the name "Passmore" was engraved on it. I knew of Steve Passmore. But the colors were not Blackhawks colors. More digging,  and I see he played for the Admirals and they were this color and he wore that same blocker model.

image.jpeg.af5f9154faf7d77c420a05b792faa4c8.jpeg

Steve Passmore was a backup for his career in the NHL. Scrapped when needed. Seems like a cool guy.

Wild NHL Goalie Fights - Sports Illustrated

While making a review for the glove, I got a little creative. It was funny. People enjoyed it. Did a bunch of useless things with the glove and took pics. It was fun. Had to be spring 2008 maybe...

Years later and here we are.

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

• Like 2

Here are some action shots at home and the office. I forget what I said for each thing I did. I did a real review and rated the blocker for each task I did with it.

May 2008 seems like yesterday. One picture I see my son in it. He was all of a year and half then. 

He drove me home from his HS hockey practice last night. WTF I'm old!

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Here are some action shots at home and the office. I forget what I said for each thing I did. I did a real review and rated the blocker for each task I did with it.

May 2008 seems like yesterday. One picture I see my son in it. He was all of a year and half then. 

He drove me home from his HS hockey practice last night. WTF I'm old!

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

I came across your thread on the old board while aimlessly searching back in 2013 or so. That review was hilarious. "Sieve D's how to goalie" was a good one too, as was the one where a guy jumped into a pool to clean his gear. Those old threads were the best.

10 minutes ago, bildeer said:

I came across your thread on the old board while aimlessly searching back in 2013 or so. That review was hilarious. "Sieve D's how to goalie" was a good one too, as was the one where a guy jumped into a pool to clean his gear. Those old threads were the best.

Floating in a pool with his gear on, sipping on a Corona. 

That's an image I don't think I'll ever forget. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, MTH said:

Unfortunately GSBB evaporated and took the pages of crap I wrote with it.

Summary of the glove story:

I was looking for gear with some yellow in it as I had picked up a set of yellow pads (MAF was wearing sport gold then)

Eagle gear was cool. This blocker was blue and gold. I think I paid all of $20 for it shipped.

Glove arrives and I notice that the name "Passmore" was engraved on it. I knew of Steve Passmore. But the colors were not Blackhawks colors. More digging,  and I see he played for the Admirals and they were this color and he wore that same blocker model.

image.jpeg.af5f9154faf7d77c420a05b792faa4c8.jpeg

Steve Passmore was a backup for his career in the NHL. Scrapped when needed. Seems like a cool guy.

Wild NHL Goalie Fights - Sports Illustrated

While making a review for the glove, I got a little creative. It was funny. People enjoyed it. Did a bunch of useless things with the glove and took pics. It was fun. Had to be spring 2008 maybe...

Years later and here we are.

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

Met Steve Passmore at one of the camps I did when I was 11, or barely not 11. He was a cool dude, signed my Vaughn Legacy glove, I wonder where that thing is now too.

I remember that blocker thread, it was a wonderful read.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, MTH said:

Yeah; late spring. 

I sent Doug the infamous Passmore blocker. I had done a review of it on the GSBB where I used it for hockey, cutting the grass, baking, drinking, etc. Doug loved it. So while he was battling his ailments, I sent it to him to enjoy. He promised me that he would continue on the fun antics with the glove.

Seriously, I wonder where the blocker is. I hope his family just didn't see that thing for junk it really is and toss it.

PM his account.  His wife might still be checking it.  She messaged me a lot in the beginning.

• Like 1