I’m back, bitches!!!

bunnyman666

Last night’s game was not as good as last week’s. Between a Zamboni driver who is just not great and most players suffering from a tryptophan hangover, play was flat with super weird bounces. 

Got nailed 5 hole a few times. My pads fed a rebound. Stick side, admittedly my strong side, was not so much. 

But I fared better than my compatriot on the other end. He looked like a sheet on a clothesline. His D men should have worn orange.

• Haha 2

Did not play in the HM-2 look alike and HM30 as the cage was bent. 

It was the fog game last night. The fog made it impossible to see the timing of the shots. I still played well considering the conditions. Adding the softer foams onto the floaters and heart guard made play a lot more predictable as I was not getting burnt on rebounds from the chesty. I just want less hot rebounds from my pads. I am not going to run over them with a truck. 

In the end, I am playing pretty well, especially after getting into better physical condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a pretty good game last night. After letting in a goal on the first shot, I managed to get the win. Weirdly, my team started playing defense after I would bail them out and if the goal I let in was impossible to defend against. My tending partner was getting shelled. But the increase in my fitness has translated to better games in net.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

14F temps and poor ice resurfacing made for a weird game. Usually, pucks settle down to a degree when the temps are super cold, but pucks bounced, and many people were not skating well. Very weird game. I am hoping I have enough time to install the 3M material on my pads as it arrives Friday. This coming Sunday is my last for two weeks as I am being flown in to do a client’s hair for a milestone birthday in sunny Florida.

• Like 1

A split goalie game, “angry candy corn”, and a segment shutout:

The third goalie showed up last night on the coldest night of playing. It’s hard enough to stay warm not switching every 20 minutes. Oh well. As I say- the worst day of hockey beats the best day at work. This was far from a bad day on the ice. 

I made an addition to my pads. My tending partner called them “Angry Candy Corn”. Go to my Warrior pad thread later to see them. They worked out 🤣

Everyone was off. But I was not. I did get burnt on sliding too far with the 3M tape, but I ultimately could control it.

The last 20 minutes was a shut out. Between good defence and good positioning, the puck didn’t get behind me. I even made a save when trading off! 

Off to Florida next Sunday…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...