How much fallout over Kyle Beach?

SaveByRichter35

Will Coach Q lose his job in Fla?

I think he would certainly be gone if he were still in Chicago.  Having practised in an NHL practise facility and knowing the staff very well, a pin doesn’t drop without everyone knowing. I got the lowdown on one scandalous happening that resulted in a player going to prison, so I would almost bet the farm Q knew. 

It’s certainly a shame when a young person has that happen; more of a super low when management tries to cover it up.

22 minutes ago, The Teal Terror said:

I think it will be more a case of it being put on the person(s) involved, as opposed to the organisation. But, depending on the level of backlash, it could affect the organisation, if not the league. Circumstances dependant.

The Blackhawks couldn’t separate themselves from Stanley Bowman quickly enough, it appears. Coach Q could either end up unscathed or blackballed by the league. 

The report is out leading up to and including the incident for anyone to read. I swear I don't know why Beach let it go so far. He should've slammed this guys head into the wall or floor whichever was closer. Is this Aldrich some kind of master manipulator or what?

15 minutes ago, Scythe said:

The report is out leading up to and including the incident for anyone to read. I swear I don't know why Beach let it go so far. He should've slammed this guys head into the wall or floor whichever was closer. Is this Aldrich some kind of master manipulator or what?

Makes you wonder doesn’t it? Why after all this time it all comes to light. I guess peer pressure is a bitch, he probably felt threatened if not actually, if he did speak up. Whose to say what was said behind closed doors.

19 minutes ago, The Teal Terror said:

Makes you wonder doesn’t it? Why after all this time it all comes to light. I guess peer pressure is a bitch, he probably felt threatened if not actually, if he did speak up. Whose to say what was said behind closed doors.

All of that is addressed in the report and in the interview Beach did with TSN the other night. In short:

1) He was a 20-year-old kid when this occurred just trying to make an NHL team. Having an abusive coach say "keep this quiet or I'll ruin your career" is very scary.

2) He did tell people when it happened. Then it got covered up. He came sued the organization after that same coach bounced around and eventually got convicted for assaulting a 16-year-old high school player. He said he felt responsible (even though he isn't and it's all on Aldrich and the organizations that empowered/covered up for him) for it happening to that kid, too.

3) Aldrich was an assistant(?) video coach - who was going to miss him if he got fired by the Blackhawks organization for this abuse? Why protect him at all?? He wasn't crucial to the organization's success. I don't understand how their conclusion of "not wanting a distraction during a potential cup run" somehow comes to "firing this asshole is a distraction, but having him around abusing a player isn't"

4) As was made clear in the report, they all knew - Bowman, Q, etc. When you're bringing marketing folks into the meeting to discuss what should happen when a coach has abused, that's a pretty clear sign the end result is going to be sweeping it under the rug.

Basically, everyone involved should resign/be fired if they won't, Coach Q included. Also, read this article about it; the author has done incredible reporting on various sexual assualt scandals from USA gymnastics to NCAA football, so she knows what she is writing about: https://defector.com/there-will-be-more-john-does/

Edited by Teezle
timeline clarity.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm just sick of hearing these stories from women's gymnastics to NHL hockey player. The said assaulting individual always seems to get away with it during the commission of the crime. Like the drunk driver that never seems to die. Would be nice to hear a different outcome sometime.

Did anything describing what "it" was get released yet?  I've seen the comments from Beach and uses of the words "assault" and "victim."  And I of course will not speculate about that or discredit any of that, but there is a difference between say sexual assault and sexual harassment.   For example, touching someone is different than saying "I want to touch you."   I have not yet seen any details about what "it" was in this sense.

6 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

The report from the investigation is public, and goes into detail on what happened. Here's the link: https://jenner.com/system/assets/assets/11549/original/Report to the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Team - October 2021.pdf

Thanks.  I had't seen the legal brief.  So there's abuse of power/authority issues and consent issues all at play.  

So many pieces to this puzzle. 

Maddening that this type of thing is enabled by people in power time and time again. Clearly our culture hasn’t come to grips with how to deal with these incidents IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEY OCCUR. The Blackhawks inaction (or willful cover-up really) not only damaged Beach’s life further, but allowed a younger boy to be abused later. Unforgivable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Teal Terror said:

I feel for MAF, but it’s still early days, so you never know!………

You did not get my comparison.  Has nothing to do with MAF.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Hide the kids!

Paterno Was Told of Sandusky Abuse Claim in 1976, Judge Says - The New York  Times

Too soon?

You did.

What is currently going on with the Blackhawks organization is absolutely embarrassing and disgusting.