How much fallout over Kyle Beach?

SaveByRichter35

I’m sad that Quenneville was involved. however, video coach and the head coach are pretty much locked in step with each other. That kid should have been protected.

This once again proves that just because someone performs well on the best stage on earth for sports, they are not heroes. The Quenneville thing bums me out. I thought he had a lot more character than that.

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, raidersgoalie said:

What sickens me is the staff and players knew about it. That being said the staff and players would say remarks to Beach. Him being the victim of a sick act, shouldn't have been treated like he was the problem. 

I remember seeing a video from a Blackhawks practice back in 2010 where Beach beat the snot out of one of his teammates. Beach had some major height.weight advantage over the guy too.

I can't help but feel that this fight was a result of some of the garbage his 'teammates' were taunting him with on the ice.

Just awful shit all around.

8 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I’m sad that Quenneville was involved. however, video coach and the head coach are pretty much locked in step with each other. That kid should have been protected.

This once again proves that just because someone performs well on the best stage on earth for sports, they are not heroes. The Quenneville thing bums me out. I thought he had a lot more character than that.

He is a fucking piece of human garbage that cared more about his quest for a Cup than he did his own player.  Fuck him.  I hope he is banned from the game, at every level.  Period.  

18 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Cheveldayoff better be next

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-will-not-impose-discipline-on-kevin-cheveldayoff-after-chicago-blackhawks-report-1.1713353

Apparently people that have read the full report have noted that Cheveldayoff was never really mentioned as someone responsible and that many people would almost completely forget that he was even in that one meeting.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-will-not-impose-discipline-on-kevin-cheveldayoff-after-chicago-blackhawks-report-1.1713353

Apparently people that have read the full report have noted that Cheveldayoff was never really mentioned as someone responsible and that many people would almost completely forget that he was even in that one meeting.

Bullshit.  He was there and he knew about it.

Later on May 23, within an hour after the Blackhawks won the playoff game that secured their place in the Stanley Cup Finals, five members of senior management (then-President John McDonough, MacIsaac, General Manager Stan Bowman, then-Executive Vice President Jay Blunk, and then-Assistant General Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff), along with then-head coach Joel Quenneville, and Gary, met to discuss what had been learned about Aldrich and John Doe.

https://jenner.com/system/assets/assets/11549/original/Report to the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Team - October 2021.pdf

My hope is that Chevy was left alone because there were findings that he wanted to make something of the situation but everyone else told him to stand down?  Surely someone in that group had to have some bit of human decency?

35 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Bullshit.  He was there and he knew about it.

https://jenner.com/system/assets/assets/11549/original/Report to the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Team - October 2021.pdf

My hope is that Chevy was left alone because there were findings that he wanted to make something of the situation but everyone else told him to stand down?  Surely someone in that group had to have some bit of human decency?

It's listed in the TSN article:

"As the Jenner & Block Report, subsequent review by the League this week, and today’s interview with Cheveldayoff make clear, Cheveldayoff’s participation at the May 23, 2010, meeting involving senior leaders from the Blackhawks’ management team was extremely limited in scope and substance," the league's statement read Friday. "In fact, in the course of the investigation, most of the participants in the May 23 meeting did not initially recall that Cheveldayoff was even present.

"As an Assistant General Manager at the time, Cheveldayoff, who reported directly to Stan Bowman, was the lowest ranking Club official in the room, and his position included no oversight responsibilities over the Club’s coaching staff. He was among the last to be included in the meeting; he was learning of the subject matter for the first time in the presence of his boss (then-GM Stan Bowman), his boss’ boss (then-CEO John McDonough) and the Head Coach (Joel Quenneville), who was Brad Aldrich’s direct superior; he had limited familiarity with the personnel involved; and he was essentially an observer to the discussion of possible next steps, which discussion, apparently, ended with Cheveldayoff believing that the matter was going to be investigated.

"Cheveldayoff’s role within the Blackhawks’ organization at the time not only left him without authority to make appropriate organizational decisions relating to this matter, but as importantly, he was not thereafter even in a position to have sufficient information to assess whether or not the matter was being adequately addressed by the Blackhawks. In short, Cheveldayoff was not a participant in either the formulation or execution of the Club’s response.

Chevy Chase there was briefly aware of it and was under the impression / told that it was going to be properly addressed and the authorities were going to be involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

He is a fucking piece of human garbage that cared more about his quest for a Cup than he did his own player.  Fuck him.  I hope he is banned from the game, at every level.  Period.  

I don’t disagree.

It disturbs me because every account I knew about Coach Q was a man of integrity. But I also saw a man who threw sticks at practise. I get not wanting a distraction during a Cup run, but the video coach raped a man, not some sordid, but consensual affair. It makes you wonder what else he had accidentally on purpose ignored.

• Like 1

From a casual observer standpoint, it seems that Kyle Beach should not have let it go so far. However, when you were young and impressionable, and 20 years old is still definitely young and impressionable, you will do whatever a person in authority will ask especially if it is part of your dream to go into an NHL team full-time. I find child molesters particularly repugnant. Yes, 20 is an adult, but still definitely impressionable. This would have never happened to a 35 year old journey man on a pro try out as it most likely would have been consensual, unless he was holding a gun to the journeyman pro in question.

Edited by bunnyman666

Have to vehemently disagree here - no amount of blame should be placed on Kyle Beach from any party on any part of this matter (even a "casual" allusion to blame). He is the victim here plain and simple. Its not his responsibility to ensure that people aren't being repulsive wastes of skin. Its pretty much in the definition that these predatory pieces of shit manipulate and pounce on the impressionable. He did the only thing he could and should have and that's report it - from there he was let down by every single person on every single level. He did nothing wrong.

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

From a casual observer standpoint, it seems that Kyle Beach should not have let it go so far. However, when you were young and impressionable, and 20 years old is still definitely young and impressionable, you will do whatever a person in authority will ask especially if it is part of your dream to go into an NHL team full-time. I find child molesters particularly repugnant. Yes, 20 is an adult, but still definitely impressionable. This would have never happened to a 35 year old journey man on a pro try out as it most likely would have been consensual, unless he was holding a gun to the journeyman pro in question.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

Have to vehemently disagree here - no amount of blame should be placed on Kyle Beach from any party on any part of this matter (even a "casual" allusion to blame). He is the victim here plain and simple. Its not his responsibility to ensure that people aren't being repulsive wastes of skin. Its pretty much in the definition that these predatory pieces of shit manipulate and pounce on the impressionable. He did the only thing he could and should have and that's report it - from there he was let down by every single person on every single level. He did nothing wrong.

I don’t blame Kyle Beach AT ALL. But I have seen the comments saying “why did it go so far?”, so what I am definitely trying (and failed to communicate) is that he was 100% the victim here. 

Please accept my apologies for seeming to imply anything different.