How much fallout over Kyle Beach?

SaveByRichter35

Fall out? Nuclear winter here. The team is just getting crushed in the newspapers here on the front page and the sports pages. Management is getting justifiably murdered and the luster of Kane and to a greater extent Toews is diminished after their interviews about the situation a few nights ago.

Q was worshipped here almost more than Mike Ditka. Not any more. Columnists are tearing him a new one daily. 

I dont know why but our sport seems to have had this issue in the background even before Theo Fluery went public. Tragic and disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Fullright said:

Fall out? Nuclear winter here. The team is just getting crushed in the newspapers here on the front page and the sports pages. Management is getting justifiably murdered and the luster of Kane and to a greater extent Toews is diminished after their interviews about the situation a few nights ago.

Q was worshipped here almost more than Mike Ditka. Not any more. Columnists are tearing him a new one daily. 

I dont know why but our sport seems to have had this issue in the background even before Theo Fluery went public. Tragic and disgusting. 

I bet. 

I get covering up a sordid, but CONSENSUAL affair; this was PURE SEXUAL ASSAULT and should’ve been treated as such. It makes you wonder how many OTHER times this happened between Aldrich and young prospects and if there wasn’t a nudge and a wink! It sickens me, frankly! 

12 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I bet. 

I get covering up a sordid, but CONSENSUAL affair; this was PURE SEXUAL ASSAULT and should’ve been treated as such. It makes you wonder how many OTHER times this happened between Aldrich and young prospects and if there wasn’t a nudge and a wink! It sickens me, frankly! 

Well he went on to assault a 16 year old Michigan high schooler.  So, there's that.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what the hell the team is thinking. Trotting out Toews after Wednesday's game was not well thought out. His blood was up after another loss and he's struggling with his own health issues. I understand he's the Captain and all but it was almost like feeding raw meat to the press. He's not an idiot but he's also not a professional talker who's going to navigate landmine questioning right after a game on a criminal matter like the Beach situation. Kane, who didnt play that night because of Covid protocol, came across better than Toews who got beat up some by the columnists the next day. Kane's a great player but he's not going to be splitting the atom any time soon. So it was another misstep by the team in a _hit storm situation. The season is pretty much over already; it's going to take a long time for the Hawks to get their management house in order and their on ice product is not good. 

I hope the pencil neck criminal gets what's coming to him. The level of destruction these offenders leave behind is devastating. It was always strange around here about Beach. He was drafted 11th overall, came to camp, and then you just never heard anything about him. For a guy drafted that high, you'd expect to hear something like an injury happened to him. What a tragedy.

Edited by Fullright

The sum is greater than the one.

The interest of the Hawks owner(s) and GM and President and coach and other staff and other team members/players who were all aware of the situation or a sense of it should be penalised in the strongest way possible, as should those governing the NHL offices at the time who again might of known of something.

The cups will most likely not be removed but will forever be linked to this dark moment.

If anything, the Hawks should be banned from this season's playoffs from the get-go, but that would be unlikely as Bettman's interests in the finance of the series is far greater. It would be a terrible loss for the new guys in who have nothing to do with it.

It's a dark mess that is not new in sports and will likely resurface again somewhere sometime and expose again some unfortunate victims.

Just now, RichMan said:

If anything, the Hawks should be banned from this season's playoffs from the get-go, but that would be unlikely as Bettman's interests in the finance of the series is far greater. It would be a terrible loss for the new guys in who have nothing to do with it.

That would kind of be a pointless punishment this year don't you think?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty much anything and everything thrown at them will be debated as right or wrong or justifiable or not. It is a big pile of shit and it smells bad. I hope Beach can still find redemption and still play his heart out in Germany where he's currently posted.

Edited by RichMan

30 minutes ago, RichMan said:

The sum is greater than the one.

The interest of the Hawks owner(s) and GM and President and coach and other staff and other team members/players who were all aware of the situation or a sense of it should be penalised in the strongest way possible, as should those governing the NHL offices at the time who again might of known of something.

The cups will most likely not be removed but will forever be linked to this dark moment.

It's a dark mess that is not new in sports and will likely resurface again somewhere sometime and expose again some unfortunate victims.

28 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Agreed with Coop, they're pretty  much banning themselves lol

RichMan might be more right than he knows. The implosion continues; Kane and Toews were in the papers again essentially retracting their comments about Bowman, etal. I know they are on ice leadership but neither has the skills to handle this topic. The team goes and gets crushed by the 'Peg on Friday. Colliton get the ax yesterday. Banning the franchise from the playoffs might be moot; they're doing it themselves. The team's pulse rate seems to be about 6.

MAF is trying so hard and he's got to be asking himself "I'm going to be in the HofF and I am on men's league team playing for an organization with a sex assault problem?".