Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

Does anyone know if Bauer is introducing anything groundbreaking like they are with their new laceless skates or like what they did for the Ultra sonic knee block? I hope its not like what True did with their new 20.2 pad because at first look it just seems like the 20.1 but with a different graphic or am I just missing information?

10 minutes ago, That_1_Goalie45 said:

Does anyone know if Bauer is introducing anything groundbreaking like they are with their new laceless skates or like what they did for the Ultra sonic knee block? I hope its not like what True did with their new 20.2 pad because at first look it just seems like the 20.1 but with a different graphic or am I just missing information?

We don't know for sure.

Some members here are privy to some inside knowledge through contacts @TheGoalNet or through industry reps as they work for larger shops and get a rundown of new gear long before the information is released to us plebs.

Neither one will be able to tell us anything, so we'll have to wait till information is released publicly.

Edited by coopaloop1234

12 hours ago, That_1_Goalie45 said:

it seems to me that Bauer is moving along the path 1-2-1-2 so to speak. 1-revolution, 2-evolution. 1S was a revolution with a new skin and incredible rebounds. 2S became an evolution of a new concept, correction of errors. Ultrasonic was next. revolution again - new integrated knee block

Edited by ser33

8 hours ago, ser33 said:

it seems to me that Bauer is moving along the path 1-2-1-2 so to speak. 1-revolution, 2-evolution. 1S was a revolution with a new skin and incredible rebounds. 2S became an evolution of a new concept, correction of errors. Ultrasonic was next. revolution again - new integrated knee block

Agreed.  Add in two lines, and there will be another 2-3 years before something "revolutionary" shows up in the legpads.  It seems to be a cycle of innovate, tweak innovation for other pad, evolve for original pad, evolve for other line, innovate.   This year's big innovation is in skates, next year it may be masks, C/A's, etc...   

You've got to remember, Bauer innovates to make progress, but they also do it to drive sales.  Very few of us buy head to toe new gear every year, so it does them no good to have all their innovations at once.   But if they can get you to buy new skates one year, new pants and C/A in year two, new pads and gloves year 3 and a new mask year 4, then start the cycle over it's better for them. 

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 3

On 11/13/2021 at 12:57 AM, ser33 said:

I would agree with this statement, you can only reinvent the wheel so many times in a tight window...

But,there 2 new features about Mach that will make it stand clearly apart from US

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Was hoping for that too. Too my knowledge, it didnt make it. It will get here eventually though. Issue stems from a capacity issue with the customized machinery to make OD1N pads.

To further add to @TheGoalNet
The process to build their pads is really different from other brands.

The skin is thermoformed (pulled against a pad core shaped matrix), this means every size has it’s "mold".

Introducing a thigh rise option would make it a nightmare at the production level.

Edited by maxtm30
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

To further add to @TheGoalNet
The process to build their pads is really different from other brands.

The skin is thermoformed (pulled against a pad core shaped matrix), this means every size has it’s "mold".

Introducing a thigh rise option would make it a nightmare at the production level.

Simply adding the option for an additional +1 would only result in 5 new molds for the adult line.  

8 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Simply adding the option for an additional +1 would only result in 5 new molds for the adult line.  

Sadly molds are really (REALLY) expensive and they would need more than 1 of each size, they already have a boot break variant.

They have more than 1 production line too so it would add a shortage element to the skin inventory (i.e. longer lead times for a +2 set etc) if they switch the matrix on a weekly basis.

Having more production lines would need to have more surface at the factory, which cost more money + more machines etc.

Solving this would cost a lot more money than the custom sets it would bring in unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, netminder said:

Add to the "melted marshmellow" looking pads with no external breaks and no thigh rise option, it really is a glorified road hockey pad. A heavy one at that too. Bauer is going backwards imo.

external breaks? Seriously? maybe you still miss a bridge on iron bolts? lol if you are stuck in the 90s it is clearly not Bauer's fault

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, netminder said:

Add to the "melted marshmellow" looking pads with no external breaks and no thigh rise option, it really is a glorified road hockey pad. A heavy one at that too. Bauer is going backwards imo.

If you’ve ever worn a pair of Bauer pro pads on ice you see very quickly why they’re built the way they are and it’s awesome how they perform. That said they’re just not for me due to sizing and I’m not a fan of either of their gloves. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If you’ve ever worn a pair of Bauer pro pads on ice you see very quickly why they’re built the way they are and it’s awesome how they perform. That said they’re just not for me due to sizing and I’m not a fan of either of their gloves. 

totally agree with you. I own 1S pads and moreover, I know perfectly well how they are arranged and why and for what purposes this or that design solution was used. and they fully justify themselves on the ice with better performance. the person who does not understand why they are arranged this way is the person who does not need them, not suitable for his playing style and expectations from the pads

• Like 3

15 hours ago, netminder said:

One lightest pads on the market🤦 External breaks have been getting less popular for years. Crawford had none, Smith has none, Tokarski who wears a pad style of your apparent era has no outer breaks either. Bauer has evolved the gear industry in a way like none other over the past 10 to 15 years. Evolution is good for the game.

• Like 4