Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

22 hours ago, NoProZero said:

So, this looks more like the Vapor line of strapping? Is this accurate? If so I'm going to update my order to the Mach line. The way the 2s and Ultra Sonic strapping is drives me nuts when compared to the vapor. 

No, it's not more like Vapor, it's new. It just uses the same attachment locations as Vapor so you can interchange them between model

Pretty sure @Mroy31 and I invented this strapping back in the 1S though...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Interested in trying the Bauer version of a wristless glove. It doesn't look as customizable as Warrior's, but it has my interest. 

Wrist straps are for suckers. 

I'm curious to try it, too.  I have not experienced any gloves without one so as of now this was one of those "solutions to a problem that did not exist" for me.  I'm most intrigued by the cushy, soft palm padding on the inside.  Bauer gloves are always so damn comfortable and this one looks like it got even better.

I'm really, really liking the graphics and the overall look of this gear. It's very appealing and just looks awesome.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I'm curious to try it, too.  I have not experienced any gloves without one so as of now this was one of those "solutions to a problem that did not exist" for me.

It's one of those things you don't realize was a hinderance until it's gone. 

I hope it catches on with the rest of the industry, I wouldn't be opposed to using different gloves that Warrior, unfortunately I refuse to go back to a wrist strap. 

How is the wrist strap a hindrance?

On my Bauer Reactor 3, there is something that runs over my hand to tighten it in position, and then there is an outer strap that velcros in place to keep the entire glove closed. That outer strap is useless, and I would get rid of it if possible. However, the inner strap is very useful in keeping the glove on my hand. What is the alternative in more modern gloves? 

23 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

How is the wrist strap a hindrance?

On my Bauer Reactor 3, there is something that runs over my hand to tighten it in position, and then there is an outer strap that velcros in place to keep the entire glove closed. That outer strap is useless, and I would get rid of it if possible. However, the inner strap is very useful in keeping the glove on my hand. What is the alternative in more modern gloves? 

Put the glove on your hand as you wear it.  

Extend your arm forward with your palm down toward the ground.  

Now try to lift your fingers up pointing your fingers to the sky without twisting.

Now do that same thing with just your hand, no glove.

See the difference?

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Put the glove on your hand as you wear it.  

Extend your arm forward with your palm down toward the ground.  

Now try to lift your fingers up pointing your fingers to the sky without twisting.

Now do that same thing with just your hand, no glove.

See the difference?

That makes sense. I thought that the break was more of a factor in how theglove could open.

I like playing fingers up, but I can only turn my glove to about 75 degrees with the wrist strap engaged. 

6 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

That makes sense. I thought that the break was more of a factor in how theglove could open.

I like playing fingers up, but I can only turn my glove to about 75 degrees with the wrist strap engaged. 

Yeah.  I suppose technically speaking mine is restrictive too, compared to no wrist strap, I just have never noticed, thought of it as a problem, or wished there was nothing there instead of the strap. 

That's how I feel about a lot of new things Bauer does and to some extent Warrior as well.

Perhaps I'm just too old to have new problems invented for me *shrugs* (I'm not that old......maybe).

Edited by seagoal

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

Yeah.  I suppose technically speaking mine is restrictive too, compared to no wrist strap, I just have never noticed, thought of it as a problem, or wished there was nothing there instead of the strap. 

That's how I feel about a lot of new things Bauer does and to some extent Warrior as well.

Perhaps I'm just too old to have new problems invented for me *shrugs* (I'm not that old......maybe).

I tried playing with a loose wrist strap, and it made a huge difference. I have yet to see a glove with no wrist strap, but a loose strap certainly allows for increased mobility.

39 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

I tried playing with a loose wrist strap, and it made a huge difference. I have yet to see a glove with no wrist strap, but a loose strap certainly allows for increased mobility.

I have had leather/buckle wrist straps for 3 gloves now and I crank them down pretty tight.  I never, ever take my catch glove off during games so I like set it (tight) and forget it. 

• Like 1

Saw the Mach catcher, blocker, legs and stick today. There was some chesties but I wasn't interested enough to dig through the box to get it out.

1. M5 Pro looks great. I can see why Bauer is using the "Pro" suffix instead of just calling it "M5".
  2. You can definitely feel the additional range of motion with the catcher.
  3. Blocker seems largely the same compared to US. They changed up the cuff. I thought the hand position felt slightly lower compared to US, but I haven't touched my US for a while.
  4. Mach leg pads is where it's at. Stiffer than US. New contoured internal calf pillow. The calf bracket and calf plate are going to be big discussion items this year. Someone said "Stabilislide, but the calf landing" and they're on the money. Digging the new Y-shaped calf strap.
  5. Sticks seemed kinda meh but I have been meh about the Supreme sticks after seeing several cracked 2S Pro/US come back under warranty for cracks. Finish seemed a little off too - you can see where they sprayed the grip material when you hold it in the light.
  • Like 2

Order placed as of today.

418736499_Screenshot2022-05-107_40_18PM.thumb.png.9a280084abfadd4de65a876a0ba19dfd.png

The only differences from stock are nylon pocket lace, skate lace toe tie, long boot strap attached, and stiff 120 boot angle.

After seeing how well my EFlex's held up I decided to not go for CCM again. Even with the max rebound face foam they constantly put pucks just 7-10ft away making for easy rebound goals. Keep in mind I've only used that set for a season and was on ice basically every day. I loved my 2S Pro pads and was sad to get rid of them. After modifying my 2S Pro blocker to be like Mach and using an Ultrasonic glove for awhile I figured a Mach set was my best bet.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Order placed as of today.

418736499_Screenshot2022-05-107_40_18PM.thumb.png.9a280084abfadd4de65a876a0ba19dfd.png

The only differences from stock are nylon pocket lace, skate lace toe tie, long boot strap attached, and stiff 120 boot angle.

After seeing how well my EFlex's held up I decided to not go for CCM again. Even with the max rebound face foam they constantly put pucks just 7-10ft away making for easy rebound goals. Keep in mind I've only used that set for a season and was on ice basically every day. I loved my 2S Pro pads and was sad to get rid of them. After modifying my 2S Pro blocker to be like Mach and using an Ultrasonic glove for awhile I figured a Mach set was my best bet.

What's the wait time right now?

On 4/24/2022 at 7:02 PM, wvuviv30 said:

What is the Calf Bracket that the MACH series is introducing?  Any pictures?

On 4/25/2022 at 10:19 AM, Puckstopper said:

This:image.thumb.png.c08d440ca797151dbcf036411a519b57.png

To me it looks like a cross between what True does and a professor strap.  Probably works great for someone with normal legs, but I've got big calves and I bet I'd struggle with it. 

On 4/25/2022 at 10:49 AM, maxtm30 said:

From what i have been told, please correct me if this is wrong.

Calf bracket: Think stabilislide but for the calf plate.

Pictures above:

Calf support system is the supreme equivalent of the balance plate from hyperlite.

Tune fit + is the new strapping.

@wvuviv30 @Puckstopper - Calf Bracket is detailed below, @maxtm30 had it right

23 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Saw the Mach catcher, blocker, legs and stick today. There was some chesties but I wasn't interested enough to dig through the box to get it out.

1. M5 Pro looks great. I can see why Bauer is using the "Pro" suffix instead of just calling it "M5".
  2. You can definitely feel the additional range of motion with the catcher.
  3. Blocker seems largely the same compared to US. They changed up the cuff. I thought the hand position felt slightly lower compared to US, but I haven't touched my US for a while.
  4. Mach leg pads is where it's at. Stiffer than US. New contoured internal calf pillow. The calf bracket and calf plate are going to be big discussion items this year. Someone said "Stabilislide, but the calf landing" and they're on the money. Digging the new Y-shaped calf strap.
  5. Sticks seemed kinda meh but I have been meh about the Supreme sticks after seeing several cracked 2S Pro/US come back under warranty for cracks. Finish seemed a little off too - you can see where they sprayed the grip material when you hold it in the light.

Also want to note on the stick, my Monkey store had a RETAIL STOCK P34 as opposed to the previously pushed P31.  Still have difficulty trusting the spine, they look like they thinned out the back of the paddle even more, and now there's a channel running down over the top of the blade too. 

I really liked the changes they made to glove and blocker, wrist mobility looks great off the shelf.

11 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

@wvuviv30 @Puckstopper - Calf Bracket is detailed below, @maxtm30 had it right

Also want to note on the stick, my Monkey store had a RETAIL STOCK P34 as opposed to the previously pushed P31.  Still have difficulty trusting the spine, they look like they thinned out the back of the paddle even more, and now there's a channel running down over the top of the blade too. 

I really liked the changes they made to glove and blocker, wrist mobility looks great off the shelf.

The new geometry should reduce the stress in the spine, because of the tapering. Sharp angles are mechanically bad for internal stresses. Stresses concentrate in sharply angled areas in an objects, in sudden reduction in size etc.

6 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

The new geometry should reduce the stress in the spine, because of the tapering. Sharp angles are mechanically bad for internal stresses. Stresses concentrate in sharply angled areas in an objects, in sudden reduction in size etc.

This explains why my pee pee hurts when i get hit down there

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoProZero said:

Let the wait begin.

On Friday I submitted my full custom pro Mach digi-print set with a hyperlite chest w/ mach arms. 

I've heard of some pretty fast turnaround from people as of lately. 🤞🤞🤞

If you don't mind me asking, what was the final cost?

5 hours ago, NoProZero said:

Who is taking these high quality over cropped photos? Bauer's web designer needs to be fired. 

Considering these pages aren't even linked on the main site and they're not officially released, I think we can be sure those pages aren't ready for public view yet.