Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I was just about to come and say the same thing. Even after just 3 skates sliding feels much easier than the first few sessions. I still get caught on snow from time to time since the seal on the pads is so good that it just pushes the snow. 

I've never heard of the skin on pads breaking in, but it makes sense. Gloves and skates also need to break in for optimal performance. 

22 hours ago, 406goalie said:

Set completed today rink opens next weekend for the season!  Damn am I excited to try the strapping.  The pads are so light!

87B5A082-83FD-4D12-A71B-FBA4E83EA684.jpeg

This looks awesome. If it works well, I might buy a used Mach set later, or else save up to buy a Mach 2 when that comes out. 

1 hour ago, ilyazhito said:

This looks awesome. If it works well, I might buy a used Mach set later, or else save up to buy a Mach 2 when that comes out. 

Honestly I would go for the M5 Pro's, at least for the leg pads. I haven't personally demoed them, but I played around with them in store and they seem to be 90% of what my Pro level Mach's offer. May not last as long, but if you're playing beer league 1-2x a week you won't notice a huge difference.

11 hours ago, RecoveringGoalie1 said:

Honestly I would go for the M5 Pro's, at least for the leg pads. I haven't personally demoed them, but I played around with them in store and they seem to be 90% of what my Pro level Mach's offer. May not last as long, but if you're playing beer league 1-2x a week you won't notice a huge difference.

I play both ice and ball hockey. This means that I might be playing up to 6 days a week when I'm not busy with school or refereeing. I don't know how long M5s will take that. 

This is why I have mostly worn used pro-level pads. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 406goalie said:

Is it true that the Bauer Mach’s aren’t the lightest pad on the market, I think I just saw that True 20.2 weigh 4.75lbs and the Mach at 4.9lbs.  Anyone care to confirm?

I wouldn't be over concerned about .15 lbs difference, that less than the weight of a tennis ball.  

I would be more interested in a comparison of how much water/sweat they soak up.  I'd say try put the pads in a greenhouse mister and for 30 minutes and then weight them again.

Edited by wvuviv30
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, wvuviv30 said:

I wouldn't be over concerned about .15 lbs difference, that less than the weight of a tennis ball.  

I would be more interested in a comparison of how much water/sweat they soak up.  I'd say try put the pads in a greenhouse mister and for 30 minutes and then weight them again.

Seconded, it also really depends on how it's balanced.

For example: I've used a fair share of blockers, including ones that are up to half a pound heavier (typically because of their carbon fiber board inserts and stiffer sidewalls), and they feel just as fine on the hand.

• 2 weeks later...

First time on the ice with the Mach retail pads.  First observation as soon as I hit the ice, holy shit you guys weren’t kidding about the sliding.  Pads stuck to the ice very badly.  Part of it was because of bad ice right now, but still.  My friend in the other net had no problems sliding in his Warriors.  That took a lot to get used to.  Other than that, they functioned perfectly.  

Another comment I saw on retail was to do with the weird shaped calf shell.  I did not notice it once while playing surprisingly.  Glove and blocker were excellent, glove fully broken in and easy to get used to.  Couple other observations, made one save that definitely had to do with the knee block and calf shell being directly attached.  Thought I was beat under the pad and was able to kick out the puck anyway.  

coming from XL Ultrasonics, these fit better slightly as far as 5 hole closure, which is great.  Stopped one 5 hole shot that got past my stick and hit the thigh rises of the pad which made me feel great with them.

DABD8A72-F410-4705-A5D9-C6A5DDB713B3.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My teammate had both of his knee flap attachments rip so I’ve been repairing those today. Side by side comparison below. 
931422A0-B4CD-42C1-A266-303AA2519E5D.thumb.jpeg.aa56d1287be439178c9e364b95e2945d.jpeg

Not perfect but far from awful. Had to open up the side binding on the pad to use the awl but having the holes already marked is a huge time saver. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Confused 1