Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

6 hours ago, wvuviv30 said:

I wouldn't be over concerned about .15 lbs difference, that less than the weight of a tennis ball.  

I would be more interested in a comparison of how much water/sweat they soak up.  I'd say try put the pads in a greenhouse mister and for 30 minutes and then weight them again.

Seconded, it also really depends on how it's balanced.

For example: I've used a fair share of blockers, including ones that are up to half a pound heavier (typically because of their carbon fiber board inserts and stiffer sidewalls), and they feel just as fine on the hand.

• 2 weeks later...

First time on the ice with the Mach retail pads.  First observation as soon as I hit the ice, holy shit you guys weren’t kidding about the sliding.  Pads stuck to the ice very badly.  Part of it was because of bad ice right now, but still.  My friend in the other net had no problems sliding in his Warriors.  That took a lot to get used to.  Other than that, they functioned perfectly.  

Another comment I saw on retail was to do with the weird shaped calf shell.  I did not notice it once while playing surprisingly.  Glove and blocker were excellent, glove fully broken in and easy to get used to.  Couple other observations, made one save that definitely had to do with the knee block and calf shell being directly attached.  Thought I was beat under the pad and was able to kick out the puck anyway.  

coming from XL Ultrasonics, these fit better slightly as far as 5 hole closure, which is great.  Stopped one 5 hole shot that got past my stick and hit the thigh rises of the pad which made me feel great with them.

DABD8A72-F410-4705-A5D9-C6A5DDB713B3.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My teammate had both of his knee flap attachments rip so I’ve been repairing those today. Side by side comparison below. 
931422A0-B4CD-42C1-A266-303AA2519E5D.thumb.jpeg.aa56d1287be439178c9e364b95e2945d.jpeg

Not perfect but far from awful. Had to open up the side binding on the pad to use the awl but having the holes already marked is a huge time saver. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 4:57 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

My teammate had both of his knee flap attachments rip so I’ve been repairing those today. Side by side comparison below. 
931422A0-B4CD-42C1-A266-303AA2519E5D.thumb.jpeg.aa56d1287be439178c9e364b95e2945d.jpeg

Not perfect but far from awful. Had to open up the side binding on the pad to use the awl but having the holes already marked is a huge time saver. 

Welp, this just happened to mine after 10 games of use, I was still in the warranty period and was able to warranty them, Had other stitching come undone as well and lots of fraying in the knee area.  Seeing that this has happened to others has me worried.  New pads are in the mail to me.

58 minutes ago, 406goalie said:

Welp, this just happened to mine after 10 games of use, I was still in the warranty period and was able to warranty them, Had other stitching come undone as well and lots of fraying in the knee area.  Seeing that this has happened to others has me worried.  New pads are in the mail to me.

I don’t use the knee flap as well as have socks over my knee pads and haven’t had an issue with any piece of the pad thankfully 

On 9/7/2022 at 12:41 AM, 406goalie said:

First time on the ice with the Mach retail pads.  First observation as soon as I hit the ice, holy shit you guys weren’t kidding about the sliding.  Pads stuck to the ice very badly.  Part of it was because of bad ice right now, but still.  My friend in the other net had no problems sliding in his Warriors.  That took a lot to get used to.  Other than that, they functioned perfectly.  

Another comment I saw on retail was to do with the weird shaped calf shell.  I did not notice it once while playing surprisingly.  Glove and blocker were excellent, glove fully broken in and easy to get used to.  Couple other observations, made one save that definitely had to do with the knee block and calf shell being directly attached.  Thought I was beat under the pad and was able to kick out the puck anyway.  

coming from XL Ultrasonics, these fit better slightly as far as 5 hole closure, which is great.  Stopped one 5 hole shot that got past my stick and hit the thigh rises of the pad which made me feel great with them.

DABD8A72-F410-4705-A5D9-C6A5DDB713B3.jpeg

Keep us posted if you feel the sliding breaks in 

Ok so I went back to the Ultrasonics while I wait for my Mach's to come in from Warranty, and well it is definitely the Mach material... I was in shock at my sliding again.  Definitely a case of getting used to the Mach's.  After having used the Mach's for a while, the sliding I had last night was almost too much!  Ended up sliding out of the goal on one side to side play.  Definitely thinking about altering the pads someway to get them to slide better.  Any recommendations on what to use, I have seen electrical tape and some sort of polish or waxy stuff recommended, anyone have specfics?

2 minutes ago, 406goalie said:

Ok so I went back to the Ultrasonics while I wait for my Mach's to come in from Warranty, and well it is definitely the Mach material... I was in shock at my sliding again.  Definitely a case of getting used to the Mach's.  After having used the Mach's for a while, the sliding I had last night was almost too much!  Ended up sliding out of the goal on one side to side play.  Definitely thinking about altering the pads someway to get them to slide better.  Any recommendations on what to use, I have seen electrical tape and some sort of polish or waxy stuff recommended, anyone have specfics?

There’s a thread on this, but I highly recommend the 3M ViViD PPF product. I have it on my Machs and they fly. 

27 minutes ago, 406goalie said:

3M Paint Protection Film my friend.

Here's a product link if you're in the US.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VG6SWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12x72 was perfect to cut for knee wings and calf wedge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

There’s a thread on this, but I highly recommend the 3M ViViD PPF product. I have it on my Machs and they fly. 

Just ordered some and will plan to put on them.  I assume you don't need to fully cover it but just some of the contact points on the calf and knee areas?

10 minutes ago, 406goalie said:

Just ordered some and will plan to put on them.  I assume you don't need to fully cover it but just some of the contact points on the calf and knee areas?

I fully covered the knee and calf and I came to the conclusion that it was a bit too much slide.

Try doing the knee only and see if that works for you. IT should be quick and easy because the knee landing is square. Trimming and cutting for the calf is a little bit tricky as it is trapezoidal.

51 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I fully covered the knee and calf and I came to the conclusion that it was a bit too much slide.

Try doing the knee only and see if that works for you. IT should be quick and easy because the knee landing is square. Trimming and cutting for the calf is a little bit tricky as it is trapezoidal.

On my Ultrasonics, I just did the knee landing and they were fine. On the Machs, something about the calf landing plate changed the sliding so I went ahead and covered the calf plate too. They are awesome now.

My method is to cover the area in wide blue painters tape and trace the plate. Then I remove and put it down on a piece of thin plywood and cut out the shape on my bandsaw. Then I use the plywood template to cut out the PPF. Works flawlessly for me.

• 2 months later...

Anyone that's gone from using the professor strap on a pair of Ultrasonics to using the Tune-Fit+ system on the Machs, how comparable is the feel? 

I struggled with the strapping on my 2S to the point of abandoning the pads, but my 3S pads with the professor strap has been fantastic for me. Just trying to see how the Mach strapping system compares. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Anyone that's gone from using the professor strap on a pair of Ultrasonics to using the Tune-Fit+ system on the Machs, how comparable is the feel? 

I struggled with the strapping on my 2S to the point of abandoning the pads, but my 3S pads with the professor strap has been fantastic for me. Just trying to see how the Mach strapping system compares. 

IMO, they are not comparable. I tried to make it work with the TuneFit strap, but ultimately had to install an after-market Prof strap on my Machs. 

Good news is that with the Professor strap, the Machs are great. I don’t use any knee elastic (same on the Ultrasonics). Just the Prof and the little elastic strap that connects the calf landing to the outside of the leg channel. 

ETA: just to clarify, I completely removed the Tune Fit straps from both pads. 

Edited by Punisher Goalie
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

IMO, they are not comparable. I tried to make it work with the TuneFit strap, but ultimately had to install an after-market Prof strap on my Machs. 

Good news is that with the Professor strap, the Machs are great. I don’t use any knee elastic (same on the Ultrasonics). Just the Prof and the little elastic strap that connects the calf landing to the outside of the leg channel. 

ETA: just to clarify, I completely removed the Tune Fit straps from both pads. 

Good to know. 

What was the main reason why you didn't like it?

12 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Good to know. 

What was the main reason why you didn't like it?

Again, just my opinion and experience, but for me with a Professor strap I’m looking for it to be directly behind my knee, above my calf. No matter what I did with the Tune Fit, it always felt like it was resting on top of the largest part of my (measly) calf, not providing the support where I want it. 

• Like 1