Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

31 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

Little update for my choices, I played a bit more with the customizer, got up to 5 possibilities, narrowed it back down to 3.

Here they are;

mach1.PNG.deaccedcb37e106b164122f256bddd09.PNGmach3.PNG.412bef80c9d6ea2f8e34b33129eda620.PNGmach4.PNG.8bcb3a9c16061cbcc900c8c80581e242.PNG
Again, eager to hear what you guys think, I wear a plain Rangers jersey. These all feel like good choices IMO.

I like #2 the best here.

Got an answer to what the calf bracket is when I inquired on my order: "For the calf bracket, this is a new option on the MACH pads and going with this option will make the calf plate much stiffer to help with sliding and ice seal. If you’d like the calf to have some more movement like a traditional pad, I would opt to go without this option."

I decided to go with it; I've been moving towards wearing stiffer and stiffer pads anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Teezle said:

I like #2 the best here.

Got an answer to what the calf bracket is when I inquired on my order: "For the calf bracket, this is a new option on the MACH pads and going with this option will make the calf plate much stiffer to help with sliding and ice seal. If you’d like the calf to have some more movement like a traditional pad, I would opt to go without this option."

I decided to go with it; I've been moving towards wearing stiffer and stiffer pads anyway.

By the name of the spec, I figured what it was. Switched to stabilislide and never looked back in 2020, With the way I strap my pads I don't feel my inner calf wrap anyways.

My mindset it typically to always go with the new tech.

Sad we cannot get an UltraSonic blocker build, but we can order an UltraSonic Glove at pro custom. I would defenitely get US build on blocker if I could.

Yes, I'm more picky on blockers call me crazy.

11 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

By the name of the spec, I figured what it was. Switched to stabilislide and never looked back in 2020, With the way I strap my pads I don't feel my inner calf wrap anyways.

My mindset it typically to always go with the new tech.

Sad we cannot get an UltraSonic blocker build, but we can order an UltraSonic Glove at pro custom. I would defenitely get US build on blocker if I could.

Yes, I'm more picky on blockers call me crazy.

Did they change anything from the US to the MACH blocker? It doesn't matter for me, because I went with the 2-piece blocker. Been looking to get one of those since I tried on the 1X blocker in the store years ago, but was dissuaded from buying it because the people working the goalie section said it had durability issues and would fall apart in 6 months. *Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery voice* Failing to do so has been my biggest regret.

9 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Did they change anything from the US to the MACH blocker? It doesn't matter for me, because I went with the 2-piece blocker. Been looking to get one of those since I tried on the 1X blocker in the store years ago, but was dissuaded from buying it because the people working the goalie section said it had durability issues and would fall apart in 6 months. *Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery voice* Failing to do so has been my biggest regret.

The cuff piece on the US is molded and much tighter, really liked the feel. The new cuff looks much more open, too open for my liking. I could go hyperlite for the blocker, but did not particularly like my experience with the 2x pro blocker, I'm really a supreme guy for the board so in my case it's mach or nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Little update for my choices, I played a bit more with the customizer, got up to 5 possibilities, narrowed it back down to 3.

Here they are;

mach1.PNG.deaccedcb37e106b164122f256bddd09.PNGmach3.PNG.412bef80c9d6ea2f8e34b33129eda620.PNGmach4.PNG.8bcb3a9c16061cbcc900c8c80581e242.PNG
Again, eager to hear what you guys think, I wear a plain Rangers jersey. These all feel like good choices IMO.

#2 by far.

2 hours ago, Teezle said:

You can see my photos of the new cuff on the previous page. 

• Like 2

Just now, Windmill save said:

i'm looking on the pro custom goalie pad customizer specs on pure goalie, and i was wondering what the calf bracket is, i know its not the professer strap, but i am still confused

New feature, think Stabilislide but for the calf wedge

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Here they are;

#2 with the white inner edge

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Here they are;

I would choose 3. It has the most colour variation and looks the most interesting. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 8:50 AM, maxtm30 said:

Here they are;

2 or 3, with 3 slightly in the lead for me

24 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Ah, the old Aebischer thought process

Still better than all white 😉

I trust my ability to keep me from getting traded but my goal is also to move up this season and get as many practices and maybe even games with the next league up as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, netminder said:

2022 and still no thigh rise choice or outer roll break?  :(

I agree. The problem is that Bauer, in going to fixed letter sizes, does not have the ability to modify the molds to create a differently-sized thigh rise in its pads. Hopefully this changes in a future year. 

6 hours ago, netminder said:

2022 and still no thigh rise choice or outer roll break?  :(

The year is 2022 and people still don't fly like birds or grow tails. after all, it would be so great to have a third point of support when leaving the bar in the evening. Bauer makes gear for goaltenders who value maximum performance over their childhood memories. for dinosaurs, there are many other manufacturers who are happy to make at least 7 outer roll breaks for you. one for each day of the week

the break of the outer roll is the same rudiment as the tail of Homo sapiens. it is no longer required. especially on hard pads. soft pads of the same Bauer bend perfectly without it

As far as hip rise is concerned, there are a very small number of people who actually require this change due to anatomical differences. for everyone else, it's just marketing, habit and self-hypnosis. it is believed that increasing the rise of the hip better closes the fifth hole. although it's really more about the shape of the pillow and the width of your butterfly, and the extra hip rise significantly interferes with leg movement. It has been pointed out by many that reducing the size of the pads increases the mobility

Edited by ser33
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, netminder said:

WHat does fly like birds and grow tails on homo sapiens have to do with anything? You lost me after that. Try to stay on topic. Im calling out options in Pro sets STILL not available by Bauer. Thats a fact. They offer leather straps still that make zero difference in performace, but higher thighs for different shaped goalie legs or single breaks in a pad that is tried and true for decades makes a difference to style of play too.... so why stop there with customization Bauer? Is the all RUBBER faced, melted looking pillow for leg pads, the only way its going to be built?

Well well well, how the turn tables...

Jokes aside, "glad" you are back on this sub. They are right though, Pads do not need outer roll breaks. All they do is help your pad to change shape in the long run, since the point of a solid outer roll is to "spring" the pad back in its original shape after it flexed. The Hyperlite (soft flex) is really flexible, without any outer break. Here is some proof about the popularity of the no outer-break spec at a pro level, using brands that actually offer the option of course.
Goaltenders the Maple Leafs could target ahead of the NHL's trade deadline

Goalies using juggling, online tools to stay sharp during NHL pause

Sam Montembeault's Play Has Been a Positive for the Canadiens - The Hockey  News

I could go on. 

Younger goalies have less gear inertia, they are more willing to try new tech. And it's ok. You can want an old style pad. Same as the foam core sticks... you can still say they are better, but I spent 400$ in foam core sticks in one season in junior B, and I am still on my first of two UltraSonic stick after two whole seasons, and I'm getting the same ice times.

You don't have to evolve if you don't want to, but don't blame us for following the market evolution.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, netminder said:

WHat does fly like birds and grow tails on homo sapiens have to do with anything? You lost me after that. Try to stay on topic. Im calling out options in Pro sets STILL not available by Bauer. Thats a fact. They offer leather straps still that make zero difference in performace, but higher thighs for different shaped goalie legs or single breaks in a pad that is tried and true for decades makes a difference to style of play too.... so why stop there with customization Bauer? Is the all RUBBER faced, melted looking pillow for leg pads, the only way its going to be built?

This is actually a great point and perfectly refutes the "performance" argument...IF it's true.  Is it?  I don't have a whole lot of time now, but I couldn't find a Bauer goalie in the NHL with leather straps .  Granted, my intuitive knowledge of Bauer goalies is very limited because I'm not a fan of their gear.

Edited by seagoal

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

This is actually a great point and perfectly refutes the "performance" argument...IF it's true.  Is it?  I don't have a whole lot of time now, but I couldn't find a Bauer goalie in the NHL with leather straps .  Granted, my intuitive knowledge of Bauer goalies is very limited because I'm not a fan of their gear.

Bishop immediately came to mind as he uses leather straps across the calf and for the boot. 

Though I guess you could argue that he's not in the NHL 

cut.thumb.png.6085ec6bbc7334a8013e888c31406d55.png

• Like 1

The trend today is to go away from leather straps. My set of CCM Premier II Pros only has one leather strap, and that is a boot strap. The problem with leather straps is that they don't have much give when it comes to rotating the pads. That is why I had to wear my Brian's Demons pads very loosely to have the pad rotate around my leg and allow me to play a butterfly style. With the Premier II Pros and with my new Bauer Supreme 1S Od1ns (a 2016 pad), I don't have leather straps, and I can still get a secure fit in my pads. 

I would imagine that many of the younger goalies won't have leather straps, because they will experience the difference once they can play in a team-issued pad that does not have leather straps. Even a lower-level pro goalie like Travis Ridgen, who buys his own pads, buys newer models that do not use leather straps. As more young goalies make their way into the AHL and the NHL from juniors, college, and overseas, I can imagine leather straps going extinct in the next 10 years. 

• Like 1