Mach - Bauer 2022 Supreme Line

TheGoalNet

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I feel like he's a CCM'er. 

They both look good. I'd go with #1, because I'm #1. 

Yea but if the weight reduction means the goalie can move around faster and save more goals, doesn't that not only offset the 1/100 chance of the outer roll stopping a goal, but also exceed it? 

NGU.gif.8cee7ab1ebd44bda8210937c206391d3.gif

Dang. I got got.

What if the real reason I like pads with outer rolls better is because they look cooler than flat faced pads? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Dang. I got got.

What if the real reason I like pads with outer rolls better is because they look cooler than flat faced pads? 

this is what I tried to convey to Netminder) the external role has lost its functionality, but many people like the way it looks. and it's their choice

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ser33 said:

this is what I tried to convey to Netminder) the external role has lost its functionality, but many people like the way it looks. and it's their choice

Yep, I get you.

Outer rolls are not something I've spent any amount of time thinking about or deliberating (prior to this morning). I do like the look.  I do maintain they have a function in very limited scenarios. But also,  I would not object to their extinction and they are in no way a driver for any purchases I've ever made or will make. 

Functionality on pad strapping/toe ties is much more relevant and interesting, to me anyway.  Outer rolls are pretty meh in comparison.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jrutherford said:

Have you guys seen any specs/features on these yet, aside from the ROM strapping on the glove? 

• New "SL1D3R" skin technology.
  • Shocklite+ core with Curv reinforced thigh
  • Slightly stiffer than Ultrasonic
  • New calf system
  • Tweaked strapping
Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Bring back the Reebok GET IN THE ZONE ™ ®© iPod pocket.

And here I was almost forgetting about that novelty. 😅

25 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Someone on Facebook selling the new Mach chest protector. Wonder how they got their hands on it.

IMG-0071.jpg

IMG-0069.jpg

IMG-0070.jpg

That couldn't be any more of an amalgamation of the Ultrasonic and Hyperlite. 

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 1:30 PM, brayden23 said:

Hey im thinking of getting custom pads and wonder if you guys think having a solid color pad makes it easier for people to seeopen net.

I think there have been studies on this with colours but it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, the goalies skill matters the most. Order whichever pad colour you like and have fun with your custom set. 

• Like 2

I generally roll all white pads but was considering doing something different this time around. So far would only be ordering a glove at the moment because that's all I really need. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Figured better than just doing another all white or golden knights type theme. 

received_220418320305294.jpeg

• Like 4

I do not know if this will be on all mach pads, but I came across a picture of them on Goalies Plus and they seem to have an updated toe tie attachment to the pad. It looks similar to how True has two positions on their toe bridge so that you can play with having your toe ties be off set or centered. 🤷‍♂️ I for one hope this is on all of them as It would give the Bauer toe bridge some more stability than before and prevent tears.image.thumb.png.502153a0651b9b38ae63e924507b578d.png

3 hours ago, That_1_Goalie45 said:

@netminder I agree, like on my hyperlites some areas that are stitched in that way are already coming apart and although I am on the ice about 7 to 8 times a week, they are less then a year old and have wear in areas they should not. On the other hand, the pads themselves are holding up great, i just wish I went with a stiffer option.

I know no one wants to hear this. Parents even less than the goalie themself... but pros go through multiple sets of gear a season with that much use. Literally an NHL guy is on the ice less than you are and gets 4 sets a year minimum?

If you think something is premature wear, that's fair... but that is a way difference scenario than a beer league guy on the ice once a week showing us his stitching ripping out

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I know no one wants to hear this. Parents even less than the goalie themself... but pros go through multiple sets of gear a season with that much use. Literally an NHL guy is on the ice less than you are and gets 4 sets a year minimum?

If you think something is premature wear, that's fair... but that is a way difference scenario than a beer league guy on the ice once a week showing us his stitching ripping out

This ⬆️

52 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Had ccm say pretty much the same thing when I asked them why my max rebound EFlexs weren’t max rebounding anymore. Something along the lines of the equipment is built to handle NHL usage. Those of us playing juniors at a low level and youth hockey can’t afford to have multiple sets a year or even just multiple catchers. In my book any line of equipment that can hold up to the beating of juniors or college for a whole season is as durable as it gets. With that said props to warrior for acknowledging guys in the KHL can’t have as many sets as the North American guys and started making stiffer cores for the KHL and eventually retail as well as intentionally designing the gear to be more durable each year. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Had ccm say pretty much the same thing when I asked them why my max rebound EFlexs weren’t max rebounding anymore. Something along the lines of the equipment is built to handle NHL usage. Those of us playing juniors at a low level and youth hockey can’t afford to have multiple sets a year or even just multiple catchers. In my book any line of equipment that can hold up to the beating of juniors or college for a whole season is as durable as it gets. With that said props to warrior for acknowledging guys in the KHL can’t have as many sets as the North American guys and started making stiffer cores for the KHL and eventually retail as well as intentionally designing the gear to be more durable each year. 

Will the sanctions on Russia affect foreign orders for Miklin gear? I'm curious, because they advertise their product as being for KHL goalies. 

18 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Will the sanctions on Russia affect foreign orders for Miklin gear? I'm curious, because they advertise their product as being for KHL goalies. 

this is a product of the level of goalkeepers in the KHL. he used to have a lot of distribution in this league