2022 Bauer Mystery Skate - Konekt Goalie Skate

TheGoalNet

55 minutes ago, netminder said:

You're fully right and its changed my mind again. Im going full custom True.  I can let this thread go now. I was trying to weigh my options out loud here like many others do, so its nothing personal if the Konekts we not for me.

True sounds like a good fit. They’ll do all the heavy lifting of getting the fit just perfect for you. I loved my trues that I had before konekt and I imagine you will as well

4 hours ago, netminder said:

You're fully right and its changed my mind again. Im going full custom True.  I can let this thread go now. I was trying to weigh my options out loud here like many others do, so its nothing personal if the Konekts we not for me.

Glad you found what you think will work best. I'll post my thoughts on my Konekts when I get them and get to use them.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:55 PM, netminder said:

Glad you found some skates that you like and should be happy with them, enjoy. If you have any issues with, tons of people on the board have them and probably talk you through any easy home remedies.

Knew you were not going to end up with Konekts though! haha.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got my Konekts after about three months and tried them for the first time. I felt glued to the ice when moving, it was the strangest thing. I guess that means I lean a lot when I shuffle normally or something, but I felt like I could not shuffle in the skates. I even used steel I had been using in my 2X Pros for the last two weeks, so it's not like the sharpening and steel was different from what I was used to. On reflection, maybe I need to have them done a step or two less sharp than my normal, that will be something I try this week.

As far as comfort, they felt pretty nice. I might need to change a few things up, my arches were not super comfortable for most of the game, but not miserable. Fit was otherwise rather good.

I'm worried about not warming up to them or "figuring them out" over my next few ice times.

Edited by keeperton
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 12:18 AM, keeperton said:

Got my Konekts after about three months and tried them for the first time. I felt glued to the ice when moving, it was the strangest thing. I guess that means I lean a lot when I shuffle normally or something, but I felt like I could not shuffle in the skates. I even used steel I had been using in my 2X Pros for the last two weeks, so it's not like the sharpening and steel was different from what I was used to. On reflection, maybe I need to have them done a step or two less sharp than my normal, that will be something I try this week.

As far as comfort, they felt pretty nice. I might need to change a few things up, my arches were not super comfortable for most of the game, but not miserable. Fit was otherwise rather good.

I'm worried about not warming up to them or "figuring them out" over my next few ice times.

Because @creasecollector liked my post, I realized I never updated here.

I do "get" the skate now. It took about 3 solid ice times and experimenting with hollows. I suppose there's no time like the day after playing a triple-header to say that these skates rule, I was on my feet for about 4-5 hours straight and my feet got tired with zero pain. The skates after the first few wears let out so the pressure in the spots that were a tiny bit uncomfortable no longer give troubles, and I fine-tuned them around that as well. I get so much edge on every push I do and my feet feel great.

The biggest cons I have is that walking around in them is less comfortable than a traditional boot, but it doesn't matter on the ice at all. I have to keep up on trimming my toe nails more too, which is such a "whatever" statement. I have yet to have any of the buckles break, but maybe I got the "gen2" ones or something since I got them late in the first year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I’ve had this issue since I got my konekts but is anyone else super squeaky when walking around in full gear or even skating? My pads squeak like crazy and I think its from them rubbing on the plastic of the skate. 

Mine squeak a little just walking around but I can’t hear it on the ice. 

11 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I’ve had this issue since I got my konekts but is anyone else super squeaky when walking around in full gear or even skating? My pads squeak like crazy and I think its from them rubbing on the plastic of the skate. 

7 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Mine squeak a little just walking around but I can’t hear it on the ice. 

Likewise, a bit more squeak when walking, but not when skating.