2022 Bauer Mystery Skate - Konekt Goalie Skate

TheGoalNet

22 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Yeah, I've wondered about BOA too. I'm a long-time user in my golf shoes...

I can only speculate that in order for BOA to work properly, the skate would have to be so soft as to not provide enough stability. Seems like almost all retail skates now are built for stiffness. 

For sure, but we're still using skate lace without too much issue. Surely some sort of BOA-like system could be facilitated.

3 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I can only speculate that in order for BOA to work properly, the skate would have to be so soft as to not provide enough stability. Seems like almost all retail skates now are built for stiffness. 

Ccm Skates Boa | Buy or Sell Skates & Blades in Ontario ...Ccm Skates Boa | Buy or Sell Skates & Blades in Ontario ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Been done

Reebok BOA Skates, Men's Canadian Tire

• Like 1

Floating a couple thoughts out there on this skate

1. Baseless speculation here, but assuming the liner is thermo-moldable.  How much are those machines gonna cost retailers, who's gonna buy them, and will retailers be happy about having another "Bauer gadget" taking up floor space (if they bought the foot scanner)
  2. Branching off idea 1, for those asking about BoA...probably not necessary.  If the liner is thermo-moldable, I'd assume the upside is you get a super precise fit off the liner, and the existing strapping is just to lock your heel and arch in place.  Those wearing custom Trues know what I'm talking about, they are so tight to your foot you almost don't need laces
  3. Cutting half sizes out is good for retailers!
  4. How often are early adopters gonna get those sideways looks, "Great, we got the tendy with fkin rental skates"
  5. Are these going to run alongside the Supreme line revamp every two years while the Pro/Elite/Etc skate updates go with the Vapor?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chenner29 said:

1. Baseless speculation here, but assuming the liner is thermo-moldable.  How much are those machines gonna cost retailers, who's gonna buy them, and will retailers be happy about having another "Bauer gadget" taking up floor space (if they bought the foot scanner)
  2. Branching off idea 1, for those asking about BoA...probably not necessary.  If the liner is thermo-moldable, I'd assume the upside is you get a super precise fit off the liner, and the existing strapping is just to lock your heel and arch in place.  Those wearing custom Trues know what I'm talking about, they are so tight to your foot you almost don't need laces
  4. How often are early adopters gonna get those sideways looks, "Great, we got the tendy with fkin rental skates"
  5. Are these going to run alongside the Supreme line revamp every two years while the Pro/Elite/Etc skate updates go with the Vapor?

I don't think anybody's gonna take much notice of the skates a goalie wears. I've had 0 comments on using straps on my skates in the few months I've been using them. 

42 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I don't think anybody's gonna take much notice of the skates a goalie wears. I've had 0 comments on using straps on my skates in the few months I've been using them. 

After my game last weekend a team mate says to "Jimmy you don't wear goalie skates???"  I knew where he was going with this so I said yes of course I do.  Goalie skates haven't had a cowling on them in like 5-6 years.  He's like "oh man I had no idea."  I said wait until you see what the new Bauer skates are going to look like.  Gonna be like the old Lightning TRS skates haha.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, Chenner29 said:

1. Baseless speculation here, but assuming the liner is thermo-moldable.  How much are those machines gonna cost retailers, who's gonna buy them, and will
  2. Are these going to run alongside the Supreme line revamp every two years while the Pro/Elite/Etc skate updates go with the Vapor?

1. Any reason to think a standard skate oven wouldn't work for a thermo formable liner?

2. Bauer does not have Supreme or Vapor anymore for goalie skates. Supreme may still be available, but moving forward the plan is Pro - Elite - GSX.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 7:39 PM, Chenner29 said:

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

1. Any reason to think a standard skate oven wouldn't work for a thermo formable liner?

2. Bauer does not have Supreme or Vapor anymore for goalie skates. Supreme may still be available, but moving forward the plan is Pro - Elite - GSX.

Standard skate oven should work, the reason it works right now is because Curv composite is a thermoformable material. 

Edited by maxtm30

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

I can suspect a lot of boot channel wear because of the buckles or whatever they'll call them.

This was my first thought too seeing the buckles.

About BOA, it'll be there right when someone invents how it is going to survive the puck and stick hits. Without breaking or opening up accidentally. I've seen some people taping their Brians gloves BOA ring to prevent it from popping open after making a save of a hard shot.