2022 Bauer Mystery Skate - Konekt Goalie Skate

TheGoalNet

35 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I was going to make a lousy joke about Bauer marketing different coloured liners, but I'm fairly certain that's a very real possibility.

Makes complete sense

The only reason I think it might be green or bust is that there is not custom with these skates. Everyone fits into a stock skate because of the liner technology. So if there is no custom, why have custom colored liners?

Also, the lime green is the new Bauer tech color for products that don't below to a product family... like the Bauer Sling player stick. So I think Bauer is going to promote more green moving forward.

Have to wait and see on that detail!

23 minutes ago, netminder said:

One piece toe box built within the entire make-up of that boot sounds dangerous to be honest. How does that toe area become more "reinforced" vs the rest of the wall area of this boot?

Simple. You make it thicker as well as the whole boot is essentially supporting the toe box because nothing can compress as a result of the one piece boot. Think netminder think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, netminder said:

So the skates will weigh 5.5 lbs each then?

Making the toe box say 2mm thicker than the rest of the boot will add nominal weight and provide plenty of protection. 

player boots don’t have “re-enforced” toe caps and that’s probably the one area of the skates the EQMs Don’t fuss with when adding shot blockers 

All skate toe caps from Bauer are tested between 80mph-100mph from a close proximity with a puck cannon for safety testing. That testing standard didnt get discarded for the new boot either 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Making the toe box say 2mm thicker than the rest of the boot will add nominal weight and provide plenty of protection. 

player boots don’t have “re-enforced” toe caps and that’s probably the one area of the skates the EQMs Don’t fuss with when adding shot blockers 

All skate toe caps from Bauer are tested between 80mph-100mph from a close proximity with a puck cannon for safety testing. That testing standard didnt get discarded for the new boot either 

Is there not an additional layer of protection with the moldable foam liner? Isn’t it the case that in most skates the interior padding/liner is on the side panels but does not extend to the toe box?

6 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Is there not an additional layer of protection with the moldable foam liner? Isn’t it the case that in most skates the interior padding/liner is on the side panels but does not extend to the toe box?

Haven't seen them up close, sorry

to my point though... we're worrying about something I strongly think is a non-issue. Bauer has a safety testing protocol around skate toe caps. I doubt anything would be on the market that didn't go through the standard process... which is something like 80-100mph from like 2' away

• Like 2

As much as I love the aesthetics of a well-constructed pair of 60s or 70s Bauer Black Panthers or CCM Super Tacks, these Koneckt skates are the future, and yes, I would buy a pair as soon as my Grafs wear out. This build method is truly where composite skates should go. Fit problems should be mitigated, consistency in lacing problems should be gone, heel lock will be positive. Yes, they may not look wonderful, but functionality needs to be well above aesthetics. Maybe future generations of this product will address the aesthetics. 

• Like 1

I’ve been skiing for 13/14 years.

my experience with ski boots have been hit or miss. You have to really try em on. You can’t just say I’m size 8.5 skate and that’ll do. (Which sucks for people who aren’t close to any hockey stores)

Loads of foward flexibility not too backwards. Really depends on how tight your liner is. Not much mobility in the other directions but at the same time very supportive. 
walking in skates and walking in ski boots are two completely different feelings.

ski boots and skates are 2 different things so the comparison shouldn’t 100% carry over but still.
 I’m excited to see how these new skates feel.

• 2 weeks later...