Whiny Goalies

IPv6Freely

Ben Bishop is pretty bad. He dives, kicks the net off, and whines; the triple whammy. Once he even complained the home crowd was too loud, and the volume was responsible for him making a bad turnover. 

I've never heard him whine, but Price seems very high maintenance, but that's different. 

In terms of non-NHLers, I'd say Alexander Salak. He's like Rask with blaming defensemen, but worse.

1 minute ago, Moose75 said:

Ben Bishop is pretty bad. He dives, kicks the net off, and whines; the triple whammy. Once he even complained the home crowd was too loud, and the volume was responsible for him making a bad turnover. 

In terms of non-NHLers, I'd say Alexander Salak. He's like Rask with blaming defensemen, but worse.

Wow that’s pretty bad. Had no idea they said that. 

7 hours ago, RichMan said:

Few goalies today grind through. The Hextall/Smith days are gone when goalies acted on a play or mistake instead of calling on mommy (the refs).

Hexy and Smith played goal like it SHOULD be played. Skate through my crease and you’ll get a slash. F*** with me and you’ll get a mouth full of stick. You can’t depend on your d-men to protect you; you HAVE to take a stand yourself.

Whining should get you punched in the mouth.

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Maybe but man it’s like every time he gets touched he throws a fit. He even got mad when he tried to windmill and couldn’t hang on!

If you're referring to last night's game against Toronto, and you're talking about the play I think you are, he was pissed because the Toronto player swatted at his glove to knock the puck out.  I am not a blind Ranger fan though, Hank whines quite often.  That and the death stare.

14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

If you're referring to last night's game against Toronto, and you're talking about the play I think you are, he was pissed because the Toronto player swatted at his glove to knock the puck out.  I am not a blind Ranger fan though, Hank whines quite often.  That and the death stare.

Start hacking or swatting at my glove, the least that happens is that I grab your stick. There have been a few blocker punches thrown when my glove gets touched. You may hear “wanker!”, “tosser!”, “wally woofter!”, “shirt lifter!” or “uncle f*cker!” when I react, but no whining. No place in hockey for whining. 

As I say- don’t throw a fit, silently take action. 

Archived