polar verity sense vs Fitbit charge 5 vs Apple Watch

I've only ever used the Apple watch with the hockey tracker app. So because of that, I can't compare to anything else. But I think it does a pretty good job. I have noticed that if I leave the phone in my truck, some stats get a bit screwy, so I started taking it (phone) to the bench and my tracking has been a lot better.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy using my Polar H10 but it's the around the chest style belt. Saves all the data into belts inbuilt memory and in the locker room loads the data to mobile app via BT.

Biggest issue is contacting the BT to my phone every now and then but restarting the BT on phone does the trick. And just to mention the belt feels damn cold even if you moisten it with hot tap water. Only for few seconds that feeling lasts but yeah. 

21 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

I'm happy using my Polar H10 but it's the around the chest style belt. Saves all the data into belts inbuilt memory and in the locker room loads the data to mobile app via BT.

Biggest issue is contacting the BT to my phone every now and then but restarting the BT on phone does the trick. And just to mention the belt feels damn cold even if you moisten it with hot tap water. Only for few seconds that feeling lasts but yeah. 

H10 owner here as well... and I have tried to use it on ice a few times but I had issues with it moving and getting gaps in my data. Doesn't happen during normal workouts in large part I think because sweat isn't as contained as it is under baselayer and C/A. Ever have any issues with sternum shot right where the monitor sits? Reason I ask is I don't feel much under the Passau as it has Maltese inside... but I also haven't worn it in my faster paced skates... only the more relaxed ones.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:50 AM, Desert Tendy said:

Guys and Gals,
I’m looking for a calorie burning tracking device for playing goalie.  I read a ton of articles and I’m still confused.  What’s everyone using these days?

I asked a few pros that I am friendly with. Teams have them use Polar chest straps. I have one of those an AppleWatch, I would not trust an AppleWatch on the ice.

The chest strap has 0 issues under the base layer

On 1/26/2022 at 4:02 PM, BadAngle41 said:

H10 owner here as well... and I have tried to use it on ice a few times but I had issues with it moving and getting gaps in my data. Doesn't happen during normal workouts in large part I think because sweat isn't as contained as it is under baselayer and C/A. Ever have any issues with sternum shot right where the monitor sits? Reason I ask is I don't feel much under the Passau as it has Maltese inside... but I also haven't worn it in my faster paced skates... only the more relaxed ones.

Zero problems with the belt and it operating. Only issues are user related and connecting problems.

Then again I might not be the right person to give the true reply on issues with getting hit. As I use only self modded C/As with extra padding all over.

But now that I said it I just used the Vaughn VE8 C/A which for the chest part was original and didn't have any problems with that either.

And last lame note is that I'm not constantly getting slapshots to my chesty so it might even be that I managed to evade all of them when I ws in with Vaughn for few times. 😆