2022 CCM Axis 2 Goalie Pads Glove Blocker

ThatCarGuy

On 1/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, if it's anything aside from a mimicking of Bauer's stable knee system, I'll gladly type out how great the QA/QC is at CCM

FWIW, I think CCM's take on maximizing seal is more different than I expected when I got the product updates.

yes, I can appreciate it's all tweaks on the same flavor of ice cream... but I am curious.  I'd take ben and jerrys over bryers any day.

19 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I think I know one, maybe 2, but not sure about 3

@Chenner29mentioned a Velcro thumb loop

That would be too convenient😂 Gotta keep everything traditional and impossible to adjust on the glove!

But seriously that would be awesome. Getting new gloves can kinda suck to dial in because the tying pinky and thumb loops are really hard to work with.

35 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

That would be too convenient😂 Gotta keep everything traditional and impossible to adjust on the glove!

But seriously that would be awesome. Getting new gloves can kinda suck to dial in because the tying pinky and thumb loops are really hard to work with.

Just got confirmation that it is in fact a Velcro thumb loop

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The velcro thumb and pinky loops on the True gloves are definitely a small but so convenient touch.

• 1 month later...

It's curious that there aren't any full right demo sets. It would make more sense for guys like Trav to play with glove sets that match their natural hand. I'd be interested to see how good the Axis 2 glove is, and see if it could be something I might consider in the future.

Anyway, I managed to get a pair of Medium 1S Od1ns for $200 US (including shipping). Will see how those play. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I have a source that suggests that CCM will offer digital print on the Axis 2

What does this mean? Custom Axis 2 graphics?

Cool! I'll have to see how other people's Axis play, and then make the decision when my new 35" Bauer 2S Pros wear out whether to go with a newer Axis version or to stay with the Bauer line in whatever iteration of the Supreme they'll be running. 

13 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

What does this mean? Custom Axis 2 graphics?

Cool! I'll have to see how other people's Axis play, and then make the decision when my new 35" Bauer 2S Pros wear out whether to go with a newer Axis version or to stay with the Bauer line in whatever iteration of the Supreme they'll be running. 

That's right, digital print customs. 

58 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

"Source"  🙄  You mean like the official catalog that's been available for over a month now and CONFIRMS it?

image.thumb.png.99be91aa1932da94a87c0d3e83b89042.png

I don't have the catalog so thanks. I've seen already digital Axis 2 graphics on other goalies and other pads for over a year. Says nothing in your picture about it being offered to the public.  Not sure what the point of that was. 

Edited by mr_shifty1982

4 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I don't have the catalog so thanks. I've seen already digital Axis 2 graphics on other goalies and other pads for over a year. Says nothing in your picture about it being offered to the public.  Not sure what the point of that was. 

At the store I work at I haven’t seen custom printed axis 2 leg pads in our store inventory. Digiprint Bauers and custom graphic Brian’s are visible in the same system but not printed ccms so that may be a pro only option. 

55 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

At the store I work at I haven’t seen custom printed axis 2 leg pads in our store inventory. Digiprint Bauers and custom graphic Brian’s are visible in the same system but not printed ccms so that may be a pro only option. 

Have you seen standard custom Axis 2? I looked today and didn't see anything in our inventory for custom Axis, digiprint kr otherwise. I see stock Axis 2, though. This and some other things makes me suspect that the release date is being pushed.

I wrote a whole post for this thread but scrapped it since I think I may be talking out my ass.

8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Have you seen standard custom Axis 2? I looked today and didn't see anything in our inventory for custom Axis, digiprint kr otherwise. I see stock Axis 2, though. This and some other things makes me suspect that the release date is being pushed.

I wrote a whole post for this thread but scrapped it since I think I may be talking out my ass.

I’ll check on Wednesday. I think we do have custom in there though. 

16 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It will be public once the customizer goes up I believe. Pretty sure there will be a delay on that. 

9 minutes ago, netminder said:

His point is rarely backed by facts. 

I also have not seen, heard or read that the public can just step up and add any graphic they want to to Axis 2 gear yet either.

There’s no point attacking them. From some of your previous posts I doubt you have the connections that some of us do, that said I’ve heard we will be offer custom graphics at retail this year just not sure when in comparison to the release of Axis 2