Goalie Camps

loki1416

On 1/3/2018 at 2:51 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Untitled.jpg

Registration for this camp is currently open and there are still a few spots left.  I don't know the actual dates off the top of my head but if you're interested don't hesitate to contact one(or both) of the listed email addresses.  I haven't been to the Canadian camp but I have been to the Rochester camp and it is a great time.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Registration for this camp is currently open and there are still a few spots left.  I don't know the actual dates off the top of my head but if you're interested don't hesitate to contact one(or both) of the listed email addresses.  I haven't been to the Canadian camp but I have been to the Rochester camp and it is a great time.

According to legend and testimonies, the clinic should be named The WTPB&BBQ clinic :P

I did The Crease Goaltending Camp (Etobicoke, ON) one this past year and really enjoyed it. Great coaching, fairly small group, and good video review each day. It was Friday Evening, Saturday Morning,  and Sunday Morning for $350 CAD plus tax.

http://creasetraining.pointstreaksites.com/view/goaltendingacademy/

Friday:
7-9pm on Ice (four stations, skating drills, lots of positional/stance fundamentals work)
9pm-onwards wings and beers upstairs

Saturday:
9am Video and gear talk
10-12pm Ice (four stations)
12-1 Yoga
Was supposed to have a yoga here but it got moved to yoga

Sunday:
9-10 rebooked Yoga
10:30-12:30 Ice time (four stations and a shootout comp at the end).

Great mix of skill levels, quality coaching, and didn't feel like too many so you got lots of attention. I preferred this one to the GGSU camp I went to a few years ago.

Edited by indykrap

• 2 weeks later...

@breaklouis35 I saw your post in the TGN Sponsored Camp thread that you wanna get into an adult camp.  Last time I saw, there are still 2-3 spots left in the Brampton, ON Watch the Puck camp.  Just scroll back in this thread for the contact info.  This years dates are 4/18-19.  Idk how close you are to Brampton but if you can get there I guarantee you will have a great time.  The guys who put this camp together are a fun bunch.  $250 CDN

13 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@breaklouis35 I saw your post in the TGN Sponsored Camp thread that you wanna get into an adult camp.  Last time I saw, there are still 2-3 spots left in the Brampton, ON Watch the Puck camp.  Just scroll back in this thread for the contact info.  This years dates are 4/18-19.  Idk how close you are to Brampton but if you can get there I guarantee you will have a great time.  The guys who put this camp together are a fun bunch.  $250 CDN

Hey, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I am located in South Central Pennsylvania, so about 7 hours away. I am also unavailable that weekend due to work stuff. Thanks for thinking about me, I appreciate it.

On 3/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, breaklouis35 said:

Hey, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I am located in South Central Pennsylvania, so about 7 hours away. I am also unavailable that weekend due to work stuff. Thanks for thinking about me, I appreciate it.

Check next post for another option for you is much closer to you as well.

• 4 months later...

My 17 year old son went to the Pro Goalie Camp in Zuchwil (Switzerland) last year, run by David Aebischer and Martin Gerber. It cost about $700 and was 1 ice time Friday, two on Saturday and 2 on Sunday, with other activities in between. My son enjoyed it and learned alot, but drills and pace was pretty intense. He was actually the only non-Pro goalie there, LOL. We thought the "Pro" Camp was just a sales-pitch thing or something to make it sound cool, but he soon discovered he was training next to goalies that he recognized from TV. Not sure how my son got in there, LOL. Well, actually, he was at a different goalie training with Gerber the week before, and Gerber told him there was some free spots in the camp, and my son was heading for U18 national team try out (Estonia) so we figured to give it a shot. Was a good experience for sure.

The first pic below is Gerber shooting at Punnenovs, with Aebsicher screening him. Punnenovs was definitely the best goalie there, vry hard working but relaxed at the same time. It was interesting to compare my son doing the same drills before/after him, you can really learn alot that way.

camp.JPG

camp2.JPG

Edited by estogoalie
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

This year's Bob Janosz Adult Camp is going to be held Friday May 29th and Saturday May 30th, in Amherst, NY.  Click here for details.

Hey, just noticed you posted this pre-COVID. I’m local-ish to this as well. Any idea I’d this is still happening this summer (assuming the May camp was rescheduled as well due to COVID?) I would definitely be interested in this.

51 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

Hey, just noticed you posted this pre-COVID. I’m local-ish to this as well. Any idea I’d this is still happening this summer (assuming the May camp was rescheduled as well due to COVID?) I would definitely be interested in this.

I don't see anything on his website so I would email him to confirm.  info@bobjanosz.com

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

I know this might be considered necromancy

There is nothing wrong with bumping an old thread.  That's the best thing to do.  There is no reason to create new threads when we already have a designated thread for the topic in which you are posting.

As far as DC area camps, I am of no help.  I am not from the area.

11 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

I know this might be considered necromancy, but are there any goalie camps in the DC area? I found Weekend Warriors in August, and they seem to have goalie instruction, but I'm not sure what other camps are in the area that adults can do. 

Mitch Korn at Reston

http://www.mitchkorn.com/pdf/broreston2022.pdf

I think Jason Wolfe does stuff at Laurel but his website isn’t the best.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

There is nothing wrong with bumping an old thread.  That's the best thing to do.  There is no reason to create new threads when we already have a designated thread for the topic in which you are posting.

As far as DC area camps, I am of no help.  I am not from the area.

Thanks for telling me. Some forums discourage bumping old threads, so I wanted to make sure. 

51 minutes ago, Hockey3081 said:

Mitch Korn at Reston

http://www.mitchkorn.com/pdf/broreston2022.pdf

I think Jason Wolfe does stuff at Laurel but his website isn’t the best.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if there still is time to register, but if not, I'll file it away for next year. 

30 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Thanks for telling me. Some forums discourage bumping old threads, so I wanted to make sure. 

I'm not sure why anyone would want to have to sypher through 10 threads covering the same topic.  We encourage the opposite.  When searching for a topic its easier to read through 1-2 threads instead of 10-15.

15 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

I found Weekend Warriors

I did weekend warriors camp in Tahoe this year. It was my first time, and I loved it.

I've never had formal goalie training, played club in college, and have been doing beer league for years.

I was worried I'd be paying to basically be the skaters shooting target, but I think over the 12 hours.of ice time, we were involved with the skaters...3 hours?

It was a double camp, with "beginner" and "advanced" splits, and I was in the beginner based on how I answered because I was self conscious. The beginner drills and scrimmage was very beginner, and the only down side. But we got way more goalie coach interaction as a trade off. The goalie drills and practice were dope though, and my game was elevated a lot. 

It really depends on what you do and want to bring though. Even on the beginner side, they fall over at times, or might not shoot as well, but you can choose to work on butterfly slides to challenge yourself. 

I'll probably go again next year, and try the more advanced sidec Might also travel to another city(because I live a couple hour drive away from tahoe), but I was also so exhausted I was going to bed at 10 every night. 

If you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Soca said:

I did weekend warriors camp in Tahoe this year. It was my first time, and I loved it.

I've never had formal goalie training, played club in college, and have been doing beer league for years.

I was worried I'd be paying to basically be the skaters shooting target, but I think over the 12 hours.of ice time, we were involved with the skaters...3 hours?

It was a double camp, with "beginner" and "advanced" splits, and I was in the beginner based on how I answered because I was self conscious. The beginner drills and scrimmage was very beginner, and the only down side. But we got way more goalie coach interaction as a trade off. The goalie drills and practice were dope though, and my game was elevated a lot. 

It really depends on what you do and want to bring though. Even on the beginner side, they fall over at times, or might not shoot as well, but you can choose to work on butterfly slides to challenge yourself. 

I'll probably go again next year, and try the more advanced sidec Might also travel to another city(because I live a couple hour drive away from tahoe), but I was also so exhausted I was going to bed at 10 every night. 

If you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer! 

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm looking forward to doing Weekend Warriors in August.