LOOOOOVE the Sabres WC unis!

bunnyman666

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

@Moose75 Don’t dis on Ted Smith from Frogballs, AR! He’s my homeboy and Frogballs is a GREAT hockey town!!!!

tee hee hee

Ted Smith played for the legendary junior team the Cucamonga Cuckoos where he was coached by Pete Wilson, former AHL Broome Dusters star.

12 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I get so angry with NBSCN. I know random people who give better thoughts and "hot takes". I like how Jones/Milbury/Olczyk/Roenick/all the other rubes watch nothing but NHL games, yet still have virtually no clue as to how the modern game works. You'd figured they'd research a bit more, especially about why goalies don't just stand up on every shot. Then again, Jones and Milbury have sauropod brains. I remember watching Jones tear into Radulov a few years back for no reason other than he's a European/Russian. Less of these dopes, more guys like Ray Ferraro who know what they're talking about and acknowledge analytics and stats.

Also: Don't even get me started on that glasses-wearing, phallic cranium'd dunderhead with his useless apropos. These are player facts that anyone who has read HockeyDB or Wikipedia would know. It's either that or some guy will score a big goal and get the following: "What a goal for Ted Smith from Frogballs, Arkansas! What a moment this must be for all those people back in Frogballs!". As if 95% of the people in these places care some obscure third-liner scored a game-tying goal.

Also, also: Is it not kosher to say Doc Emrick is not as good as everyone hypes him to be? I'm not a Rangers fan, but Dan Rosen has always been one of my favorite play-by-play guys. NBCSN should have him and Daryl Reaugh do games. 

If we had a rep system this would get repped hard.  I assume you mean Sam Rosen though, not Dan Rosen.  Sam Rosen is the Rangers' play by play guy, Dan Rosen is a writer for the NHL.

12 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Emrick is terrible.

He's not terrible.  He is one of the best at calling a game.  He just has really really REALLY annoying catch phrases that definitely ruins it.  But of course, to each his own.

44 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

If we had a rep system this would get repped hard.  I assume you mean Sam Rosen though, not Dan Rosen.  Sam Rosen is the Rangers' play by play guy, Dan Rosen is a writer for the NHL.

Yes, Sam Rosen. My dad is a huge Rangers fan, so I grew up listening to his play-by-play. Davidson too, but now he's president of operations for the Blue Jackets I think.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

He's not terrible.  He is one of the best at calling a game.  He just has really really REALLY annoying catch phrases that definitely ruins it.  But of course, to each his own.

I can't watch him. I'd rather put the game on mute. Thankfully I just about never have to watch a game with him. 

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I can't watch him. I'd rather put the game on mute. Thankfully I just about never have to watch a game with him. 

10 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I tend to watch 99/100 NBC televised hockey games on mute for the same reason...

I tend to agree when it comes to NBC telecasts but its not solely because of Doc.  Mostly because of Pierre.  Fuck that guy.

32 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I tend to agree when it comes to NBC telecasts but its not solely because of Doc.  Mostly because of Pierre.  Fuck that guy.

Pierre is awful too, but its mostly Doc that keeps me from NBC. That and the panel that seems to know nothing about hockey. 

22 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

You should all consider yourself lucky you dont have to listen to the Bruins announcer, Jack Edwards. He’s a complete tool.

He's by far the worst homer announcer in the NHL. Can't stand it.

I grew up listening to Gene Hart. Then Doc did flyers games.  Then sadly he was replaced with that windbag Jim "jackoff" Jackson.   He single handedly made me hate the flyers for years.  Fortunently any flyers game I do watch he's not calling it.  

2 hours ago, Mike24 said:

I grew up listening to Gene Hart. Then Doc did flyers games.  Then sadly he was replaced with that windbag Jim "jackoff" Jackson.   He single handedly made me hate the flyers for years.  Fortunently any flyers game I do watch he's not calling it.  

“Jack off” !?!? Love the nickname!!!!!

Archived