CCM Pro Return 13A Pants

BadAngle41

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

The padding on the face of the pants.  I know they all have them these days but I never understood why.  

Oh wasn’t sure what you were talking about because I’ve never seen pants without it. I imagine it’s done that way so you get the padding without losing the mobility. Much more prominent on the Bauer pants than the CCM though.

13 hours ago, CalValce said:

I picked up a pair in Hershey fit 2 I have all Tan EF3 set up. They go very well together!

Coming from a pair of Michigan 1s (Nike branded) Large the fit 2 is spot on, I no longer tuck and find no hindered movement.

Butterfly is tighter and I feel like I have better 5 hole closure, moving into and out of post intergrations 

That's everything I'm hoping for @CalValce. I'll still need to get my leg pads shaved down some this spring (getting unwanted interference when in VH/RVH) but I know GSparks was an immediate advocate for the slimmed down pant for those same reasons.

15 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

That's everything I'm hoping for @CalValce. I'll still need to get my leg pads shaved down some this spring (getting unwanted interference when in VH/RVH) but I know GSparks was an immediate advocate for the slimmed down pant for those same reasons.

I’m wearing a 32+2 in the EF3, I was thinking that for my next pair depending on the model (warrior g4 or prem2) fooling around with the thigh rise and adding a +.5 or an additional inch, but the fit/streamlineness (if it’s even a word) of the pants allows me to squeeze the legs/knees closer and gives me a wider flare (thanks to Maria Mountain) eliminating that little sliver of day light at the top of the thigh rise.

I had my 5th skate in them last night and one of my goalie buddies at a prior skate said I ‘look more fluid and smoother’

I always thought pants were pants but I’m a really big fan!

You guys really have me tempted to try out these pants.  I have always been deathly afraid of getting new pants because the ones I have now, Bauer Reactor 5(pre lockout Reactor), are so streamlined compared to the big bulky shit that is made today.  Though these Bauers are still in great shape for their age, they aren't going to last forever.

47 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You guys really have me tempted to try out these pants.  I have always been deathly afraid of getting new pants because the ones I have now, Bauer Reactor 5(pre lockout Reactor), are so streamlined compared to the big bulky shit that is made today.  Though these Bauers are still in great shape for their age, they aren't going to last forever.

Mine aren't quite the same model but very similar. I'd been a Bauer Supreme user previously. I'm a huge fan of the CCM pants. They have way better protection, yet are somehow more mobile than my Bauers. 

These are what mine look like: 

image.png.e937e135904562aa74e855abca4544cc.png

58 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

As soon as I get them I'll post initial impressions and comparison (both dimensions and feel.) I'm guessing I'll have the same reaction as @CalValce though...

5 hours ago, CalValce said:

I had my 5th skate in them last night and one of my goalie buddies at a prior skate said I ‘look more fluid and smoother’

I always thought pants were pants but I’m a really big fan!

11 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Mine aren't quite the same model but very similar. I'd been a Bauer Supreme user previously. I'm a huge fan of the CCM pants. They have way better protection, yet are somehow more mobile than my Bauers. 

These are what mine look like: 

image.png.e937e135904562aa74e855abca4544cc.png

I think any pant will do its job in protecting you well when you're square. The V5s I have now are 6 years old and I've never worried about a lack of protection. I took a nice clapper from the left dot off of the inner part of my right thigh a couple months back that left a rainbow colored bruise, but that was me not getting to my mark on time and having my legs open.

What's funny to me is that I rarely am in the market for new pants, yet you've been playing since 2015 and have gone through more than 1 pair. The only real difference I'm interested in (besides looking incredible of course) is the tapered leg and potential less interference on leg pads and more of the mobility @CalValce has mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Looks sharp!

Thanks @bunnyman666. Very pleased with both purchases. While there’s a lot of ‘noise’ about better/lighter/quicker in the industry the pants have made me more comfortable and I find the 580 a bit more at home than the 590 style which I used for years prior and the 600 which I couldn’t get comfortable with.

I take the attachment part of the monster harness and slip it through the fixed stitch of the open area and the elastic connecting the belly to the rib padding and attach the Velcro of the monster suspender through the harness poking through the C/A slit. 

I barely adjust the belt. Since I made the move from tucking with my old 1s pants/Chestys to using this set up with the 1s and CCM chest and now the 13a pants and CCM chesty I find zero restriction/coverage/confidence issues

4A1BE3E9-D6BE-4796-82BE-6F9B96AD045E.jpeg

7764F900-BE32-42F9-AFB7-DC6DD3A61A75.jpeg