CCM Pro Return 13A Pants

BadAngle41

38 minutes ago, CalValce said:

My two Christmas presents the Hershey pants and a 580 Wilcox reskin. I’ll post those under the Wilcox thread

9810965E-9438-471D-88AF-030AC7A57154.jpeg

76E17692-ED58-407D-91E0-280478BB23B0.jpeg

@CalValce you're like my doppelganger. While I went with Retro Flexes on my legs, the entire reason I did the Koho glove was for the 580 break (only offered under either Koho or Reebok branding at the time.) Great work on the reskin. Hell I even have the Premier chesty too (Blue however.) Do you also enjoy tinkering on cars and math??? Even if you don't... you've got style...

Great minds... :chug:

45 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

For those that have these pants, how are you attaching your chest pad to the pants?  Are you using just the belt?

I'll be leaving mine untucked and not attached to my pants... but should that change after a few skates I'll be sure to make an update.

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@CalValce you're like my doppelganger. While I went with Retro Flexes on my legs, the entire reason I did the Koho glove was for the 580 break (only offered under either Koho or Reebok branding at the time.) Great work on the reskin. Hell I even have the Premier chesty too (Blue however.) Do you also enjoy tinkering on cars and math??? Even if you don't... you've got style...

Great minds... :chug:

@BadAngle41 haha might be brother from another’s mother, I appreciate it bud and right back at ya!

23 hours ago, CalValce said:

What size did you get?

I didn't, they only had one size there when I looked and they are 1.5 inches too long.

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Eat more doughnuts. 

I need a world where eating donuts makes me taller haha.

49 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Can anyone compare the Fit 1, 2, 3 to the retail CCM sizes?

Specifically, which one is closest to retail medium and retail large? Thanks!

They kind of fit in between.

I'd say 2 - 3 is Large (with the 3 being a "big large")

3 - 4 is an XL.

I was told by Dudo to use the sizing chart and use waist sizing.  Pant length and width at the thigh blocks should be the same across all fits.

2 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Are they really that long on you? Do you wear a senior pant size right now? I would suspect these would be the same (or very similar) size in length, no? 

Comparison pics would be great if possible. Sorry to hear as well. 

I was wearing XL old style pants before and they were interfering with my knee blocks. I went to pro return CCM in size Large and they are perfect length. I got Goalie Monkey to measure the pants as the + 1 for length had me a bit worried. Turns out they measure out to be 19 inches and mine are about 17.5. I never bought them so I can't really do a comparison.

So I just got to test out my new Vancouver colored fit 4, coming from the old spec San Jose 12A CCM pro returns.

The fit 4 is essentially the same fit as my XL pants, however a bit more snug at the waist. 

The front lower belly pad is now permanently attached at the top and bottom of the front crotch elastic panel, which replaces the traditional laced up panel.

I found this set up provided better movement and less "bunching" and "binding" between my tucked c/a and jock. 

Front thigh panels are now curved and gone are the "floating" outer and inner thigh panels. The inner ones are half the width, as the curvature of the thigh panels partially cover the inside thigh.

One can still unbutton the pant shell from the rib/spine panel part for cleaning/repairs.

Mobility IS in fact better in these pants, and they move with your body in a much more fluid fashion, as my old pants sometimes felt like loose pendulums sway about during quick lateral transitions. 

Shots to the front thigh and hip flex joint did not reveal any weak spots. Felt just as strong and confident in them as in my San Jose pants. 

I would recommend these pants to anyone, given then price, fit and performance. As fit 4 seems to feel similar to the XL pants, I would assume fit 3 = Large, Fit 2 = Medium.

Feel free to ask any questions.