CCM Pro Return 13A Pants

BadAngle41

20 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

And it may be too broad of a statement; however- bespoke is better than modded. Most likely, those pants you bought, IF they are perfect for you out of the box, will most likely be good and durable. But Brown or McKenney are built one at a time and have a WARRANTY; the pro stock do NOT have a warranty.

I agree... just playing devil's advocate. My only contention would be that bespoke works best (or is "better") when you know how you play and build equipment to compliment that instead of building it for how you'd like to play. Custom pieces are one thing... I have a custom CCM/Koho set but modded the leg pads for a better fit. I would expect a different level of service from a bespoke manufacturer, someone who works with the client to go over every aspect of features and options to build what should work for them. I've never been concerned with warranty, but I do understand that for some that is an enormous piece of the equation.

Having said all that, my Premier C/A is showing some wear and I'll be anxious to work with Passau on a bespoke piece for myself and how I play.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet So believe it or not I actually do 99% of the cooking in my family and I don't have a food scale, I do it all to taste, not one of those damn bakers who NEED recipes. That said, I'm ordering a food scale today, mainly for the purposes of weighing goal equipment. 

I can't say 13a feel lighter than my previous V5s... but that's like comparing apples and oranges. 1 skate down and they feel VERY mobile. Length is about the same and the slimmed down thigh is noticeable when getting dressed, but 13a do come up significantly higher above my hips and integrate much better with an untucked Premier C/A. The ability to close 5 hole without door stop thigh blocks has taken my desire to shave about 1"-1.5" off my leg pads a NECESSITY. More to come...

Mobility is FAR more important than weight. 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

I agree... just playing devil's advocate. 

Having said all that, my Premier C/A is showing some wear and I'll be anxious to work with Passau on a bespoke piece for myself and how I play.

First, that phrase makes me cringe anytime somebody says it. 

Second, good luck with the Passau! I love mine and am happy to answer any questions you may have, if you have any via PM. 

5 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:
I agree... just playing devil's advocate. My only contention would be that bespoke works best (or is "better") when you know how you play and build equipment to compliment that instead of building it for how you'd like to play. Custom pieces are one thing... I have a custom CCM/Koho set but modded the leg pads for a better fit. I would expect a different level of service from a bespoke manufacturer, someone who works with the client to go over every aspect of features and options to build what should work for them. I've never been concerned with warranty, but I do understand that for some that is an enormous piece of the equation.

We really do think alike, I have/had a Passau and am currently wearing the new premier unit

On 2018-01-06 at 7:52 AM, CalValce said:

@SaveByRichter35 approx 19 inches I was in a large 1s and these are a fit 2. I could tuck, but as I said before I prefer the untucked.

C732411B-D29B-40CA-9CBD-7858835F9B2D.jpeg

9D8B350E-2080-440D-AE48-3F4042D06517.jpeg

Hey,so I’m in a medium ccm premier pants right now,they fit great,my waist is a 32,so with there chart on goalie monkey it says I should be in a fit 1,how do your fit 2 fit?

14 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet So believe it or not I actually do 99% of the cooking in my family and I don't have a food scale, I do it all to taste, not one of those damn bakers who NEED recipes. That said, I'm ordering a food scale today, mainly for the purposes of weighing goal equipment. 

I can't say 13a feel lighter than my previous V5s... but that's like comparing apples and oranges. 1 skate down and they feel VERY mobile. Length is about the same and the slimmed down thigh is noticeable when getting dressed, but 13a do come up significantly higher above my hips and integrate much better with an untucked Premier C/A. The ability to close 5 hole without door stop thigh blocks has taken my desire to shave about 1"-1.5" off my leg pads a NECESSITY. More to come...

After taking a couple bruises through the front thigh pads on my V5s, I've got these bad boys inbound:

image.png.60f022efe50a4f9773fc501e59d9fe99.png

See you tomorrow, sweet prince pantalones...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your pants untucked.  My main concern is lack of a lace tie down in the front crotch as I added a nylon loop to the inside of my chest protector to keep it from shifting around.  I can probably add nylon loops to the front of this pad to accommodate some skate lace. 
I think I ordered my Keneskys a half inch to full inch too tall, and if I can get some mobility out of my pants then I am set.

Edited by Chenner29

10 hours ago, Vaughnlife79 said:

Hey,so I’m in a medium ccm premier pants right now,they fit great,my waist is a 32,so with there chart on goalie monkey it says I should be in a fit 1,how do your fit 2 fit?

I was wearing a large in 1s I probably could have gotten away with a fit3 but the fit2 feels way better

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

After taking a couple bruises through the front thigh pads on my V5s, I've got these bad boys inbound:

image.png.60f022efe50a4f9773fc501e59d9fe99.png

See you tomorrow, sweet prince pantalones...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your pants untucked.  My main concern is lack of a lace tie down in the front crotch as I added a nylon loop to the inside of my chest protector to keep it from shifting around.  I can probably add nylon loops to the front of this pad to accommodate some skate lace. 
I think I ordered my Keneskys a half inch to full inch too tall, and if I can get some mobility out of my pants then I am set.

I don't tie my C/A down at all... wear my suspenders underneath. I will reiterate that these do come up might higher than my V5s did so there is a good amount of overlap now between my chest protector and the pants. You may find you don't need that tie down at all. Unless of course you just like the feel.

11 hours ago, Vaughnlife79 said:

Ok cool,so there slimmed down right,is it noticeable from the retail pants or just minor?

It is noticeable when pulling them on over my knee guards, and certainly a difference from my V5s. As to how much slimmer they are from a retail CCM pant I can't say as I don't own a pair.

Mine aren't the same model, but they're also CCM pro returns that confirm to the new NHL spec, and I totally agree with @BadAngle41 in the way they fit over the knee pads. I often have to reach in and kind of re-adjust things because they're getting hung up while trying to get my leg through because of the narrower opening. 

I also took out the velcro'd in outer thigh pads as I found they simply weren't necessary for me and they just made pulling the pants up that much harder. 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, BauerHockey47 said:

I ended up buying two pairs to try: a pair of Ottawa pants (fit 3 +2) and a pair of San Jose pants (fit 4 +1). I think I've finally settled on the San Jose pants because the other pair is too long. They'll be replacing an eight-year-old pair of Reebok Premier pants that are falling apart.

IMG_1702-1.jpg

IMG_1703-1.jpg

Where from?

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Need some more time in mine before i do a full review... but I'm completely sold on the new slimmer fit of the 13A. 

Yeah, me too.  I have a pair of Browns that used to be my favorites, but no more.  I got a pair of Ottawa pants (Fit 3) and they are protective but my mobility is so much better these days.

Would anyone be interested in seeing how I put an internal belt into mine? I have a 32 inch waist and went with the fit 2 +2 Calgary flames pants(I’m skinny but I have long ass Dutch legs). The pants were a big at the waist and I planned on using an internal belt in them anyways as I tuck. It was pretty strait forward and I did it in an evening. I used the internal belt out of my 20k pants.

40 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

How does the Fit system in these relate to the traditional CCM sizing? I’m currently in large CCM pro returns 

The listing is down on GoalieMonkey but it listed sizes by waist... I think it was pretty true. I have a 32" waist and I could see Fit 1 being good up to 34" as they posted.

@ruckus007 had posted "fit 4 seems to feel similar to the XL pants, I would assume fit 3 = Large, Fit 2 = Medium..."

6 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

The listing is down on GoalieMonkey but it listed sizes by waist... I think it was pretty true. I have a 32" waist and I could see Fit 1 being good up to 34" as they posted.

@ruckus007 had posted "fit 4 seems to feel similar to the XL pants, I would assume fit 3 = Large, Fit 2 = Medium..."

Awesome thanks... I might have to grab a set of these from @TGC-Rance when they have their annual pro return pant sale 

Edited by cwarnar