BadAngle41

CCM Pro Return 13A Pants

Having pants in both fit 3 and fit 4 (for now), I can confirm that they fit pretty true to size as GoalieMonkey suggests: fit 3 is L and fit 4 is XL.

Edited by BauerHockey47

14 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Awesome thanks... I might have to grab a set of these from @TGC-Rance when they have their annual pro return pant sale 

I really would recommend them. The three biggest things I noticed from my old V5s...

1. Lack of inner thigh blocks helps close 5 hole better... no more door stops.
  2. Come up higher than my old pants... integrate with my C/A better than before.
  3. Overall protection... layered protection instead of big chunky blocks.
Edited by BadAngle41

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I really would recommend them. The three biggest things I noticed from my old V5s...

1. Lack of inner thigh blocks helps close 5 hole better... no more door stops.
  2. Come up higher than my old pants... integrate with my C/A better than before.
  3. Overall protection... layered protection instead of big chunky blocks.

Same here.

I had a pair of 9Ks that I ditched in favor of V5s because of the added mobility.

These new pants are more mobile and more protective than the Vaughns that I had.  I would routinely get bruises on the thighs through the thigh padding with my old pants.

55 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have those I think. If they are what I bought a few months ago, they are HP12A which has the old NHL sizing. Great pant. 

Thanks for the clarification; I didn't know which CCM pants they are.

I watched that video a few days ago and, the vets on here will know what I mean, it seems that they readopted the wrap around padding that D&R Panta G pants had. Am I right? I remember mine, they literally wrapped the thigh from left to right, no breaks or bulkiness, and protective.

37 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Regarding those exterior flaps on the upper thigh, is there also padding on the interior of the pants as well?  

Yes... and what some may not notice is the additional break in that flap compared to retail and that it is largely sewn down...

2018-03-16_16-13-11.jpg.17b866eaaa7c643b56e78e5138a1c552.jpg

28 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Yes... and what some may not notice is the additional break in that flap compared to retail and that it is largely sewn down...

Ok so its double layered protection.  I still wear older pants from the early 00s before they started adding those external flaps so I was just curious.  Thanks man.

If you look at the part I pull out, that part ends up being behind those flaps.

I just picked up a pair of HPG13A's and have to say I love them, they feel protective and I love the lack of bulk—it's everything I wanted in a pair of pants. That being said, can anyone report on the durability of these pants after having used them for a year? I feel like the elastic front won't stay stretchy for long. I have a brand new pair of VE8 pro carbon pants that I bought before coming across these pants for sale locally and am not sure if I should hang onto the VE8's if these pants aren't built to last.

11 hours ago, rtc5967 said:

I just picked up a pair of HPG13A's and have to say I love them, they feel protective and I love the lack of bulk—it's everything I wanted in a pair of pants. That being said, can anyone report on the durability of these pants after having used them for a year? I feel like the elastic front won't stay stretchy for long. I have a brand new pair of VE8 pro carbon pants that I bought before coming across these pants for sale locally and am not sure if I should hang onto the VE8's if these pants aren't built to last.

Did you read this entire thread?

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Did you read this entire thread?

Yes, and there is nothing in this thread about long-term durability, which is what I am interested in. I want to know how these pants held up after a year of use as this thread was posted about a year ago.