CCM Pro Return 13A Pants

BadAngle41

20 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Oh man I should've gotten a pair in the same order 🤪 How much did it cost in Euros with shipping? 

I considered asking people to join for a bulk order, but I wanted to snag a pair asap... Plus multiple pairs of pants need quite a big box. So I don't know if it would be that much cheaper to order together. 😅

The pants were 194e + shipping to Polar Express warehouse 16e. Polar Express will charge around 75e for the shipping from Canada to Finland. Last time I used Polar Express, there were no customs fees.

2 hours ago, saitagoalie said:

I considered asking people to join for a bulk order, but I wanted to snag a pair asap... Plus multiple pairs of pants need quite a big box. So I don't know if it would be that much cheaper to order together. 😅

The pants were 194e + shipping to Polar Express warehouse 16e. Polar Express will charge around 75e for the shipping from Canada to Finland. Last time I used Polar Express, there were no customs fees.

Ok, quickly checked the CAD EUR rate and got about 170 for the pants. The shipping is soo expensive these days, you'd think when there is not that much human traffic the product shipments would be the same but seems they've got a good extra to shipping prices.

That's counting up to quite a lot for pants so maybe I'll just go with my coming new Warriors. They're in a good old wide shape too.

Good that you got them fast for yourself as it seems the smaller sizes were sold out in a rush.

13 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Ok, quickly checked the CAD EUR rate and got about 170 for the pants. The shipping is soo expensive these days, you'd think when there is not that much human traffic the product shipments would be the same but seems they've got a good extra to shipping prices.

That's counting up to quite a lot for pants so maybe I'll just go with my coming new Warriors. They're in a good old wide shape too.

Good that you got them fast for yourself as it seems the smaller sizes were sold out in a rush.

Well, I was considering Warriors and the other option was to order custom pants from Brown. Custom Brown's would cost around 400cdn I think and the Warrior quality seems to be not so good.. But I hope the Warriors work for you.

I want quality pants that are wide enough but not too long. I understood that with the CCMs only the width of the pant gets bigger when the pant size goes up. When the pant leg lenght increases, there is a marking +1" or +2". The ones I ordered are made in Asia, but the materials used should be good enough for NHL.. So they should be good enough for me :D

The shipping is pretty expensive and if I get hit with customs.. Well then the pants were expensive haha.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Shit after seeing this again I am wondering if I should have went with a fit 1 instead of 2.  I wear a 33 waist in jeans, sometimes 34.  Meh, I am sure I'll be fine.

You’ll be fine. I’m 32 waist and while I do wear a Fit1... I don’t think I’d be swimming in Fit2. 
Worth noting is that I do not tuck either. 

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know where I can find a brand new all black pair in fit 1 or 2? looking for pretty much any of HPG 12, 13 or 14.

I've been using CCM Premier (in a Medium right now) for years and never had issues, until this year when my pants ripped on both sides after 5 months of use.

Edited by Charlie T

13 hours ago, Charlie T said:

Does anyone know where I can find a brand new all black pair in fit 1 or 2? looking for pretty much any of HPG 12, 13 or 14.

I've been using CCM Premier (in a Medium right now) for years and never had issues, until this year when my pants ripped on both sides after 5 months of use.

Check out the goalie crease. They had some pro returns a little while ago and might have some left overs. 

On 12/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, Charlie T said:

Maybe go to a large? I can't see pants ripping out of the blue. I like going as big as possible I'm in xl and size 33.

Just now, mr_shifty1982 said:

Maybe because they have a narrow fit, more nhl spec? The premiers are a bit wider, Axis now. 

I haven't heard of any durability issues with the HPG pants and I've always liked the feel of ccm premiers because I've always worn them so Id like to stick with ccm.

Might also look into the Bauer PRO pants on their website.

• 6 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

So I picked up a pair of the fit 2 HPG14C pants that The Goalie Crease is currently selling.  The 14C annotates a made in Canada whereas the 14A is overseas.  This thread was created 2.5 years ago and i finally just said fuck it I'll give it a shot...during a time when I have no clue when I will be on the ice again nonetheless hahahaha.  
Better Late Than Never GIF by Falconbox | Gfycat

So its almost a whole year later and I just wore these for the first time in a practice this past Tuesday night.  Last night I wore them for the first time in a game.  I've been rocking the same Bauer Reactor 5 pants since some time in 2000-2003.  I don't remember exactly when I got them but at 20 years its kind of moot lol.  Regardless, I was nervous about wearing them because I hate changing what I am comfortable with.  

With that said they did feel much bigger than my old ones.  Bigger, but I wouldn't call them bulkier.  They definitely had a lot of flex to them.  I wasn't 100% comfortable but I was nowhere near uncomfortable...if that makes sense.  They didn't interact with my c/a as well as my old pants did, I will have to dial that in better somehow.  Hopefully these last me another 20 years and I will never have to worry about this again haha.

• 2 months later...

Man I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the greyish/silver material these things use on the inside.  I've been using these since June and there are already more wear spots on the inside of these than there are in my Bauers after almost 20 years of use. I am going to have to have some wear patches done up before it gets too bad.

On 6/18/2021 at 4:59 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Hopefully these last me another 20 years and I will never have to worry about this again haha.

30 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Man I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the greyish/silver material these things use on the inside.  I've been using these since June and there are already more wear spots on the inside of these than there are in my Bauers after almost 20 years of use. I am going to have to have some wear patches done up before it gets too bad.

Boy you got ahead of yourself there

The nylon they use on the pro stock pants is super cheap, they're basically treated as disposable

Just now, Chenner29 said:

Boy you got ahead of yourself there

The nylon they use on the pro stock pants is super cheap, they're basically treated as disposable

Oh.  Great.  You'd think pro stock Canadian made would utilize better materials than the off shore retail counterpart.  I pretty much always wear an outer shell so I should hopefully never have to worry about that.  Just the interior.

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh.  Great.  You'd think pro stock Canadian made would utilize better materials than the off shore retail counterpart.  I pretty much always wear an outer shell so I should hopefully never have to worry about that.  Just the interior.

I don't think CCM's pro stock pants have been made in Canada in a long time