Insane Stick Prices

insertnamehere

Is anyone else blown away with how much sticks cost these days?

I've had 2 out of my 3 sticks break recently, so I was shopping around for a replacement and even a low end composite is around $150.

I don't need a top of the line stick anymore (realistically never have), but I was curious what they go for and was shocked to see that a True Catalyst PX is $400, either high end Bauer and Warrior Pro+ lines are $350, and a CCM Axis Pro almost seems like a comparatively good deal at "only" $300. 

Am I just showing some age by seeming to remember that $200 used to be the price point for a high end stick?

46 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Shop for previous years models at discounts. 

This is the answer.   Fortunately I've got a stockpile of EF4 and M1 Pro+ sticks from when I worked at Perani's, but going forward there's very little chance I pay full freight for the new hotness.   Pro returns are another option those who are willing to live without a warranty and are willing to live with the fact that they may not be able to get the identical curve the next time they need a stick.   

• Like 2

I had been meaning to ask here anyway, so I’ll put it in this thread in the hopes that a) Someone has tried these, and; B) they could be an affordable alternative.

So - HAS anyone tried these…? The pricing is competitive, and there seems to be more options than the Canadian Tire/Sportcheck entry level. Note: this is not the Christian USA of yesteryear, makers of the Christian Curve; this is a Canadian company owned by the guy who now owns The Hockey News.

https://christianhockey.com/collections/goalie-sticks/products/christian-helium?variant=30140445556787

Edited by Lucky Pucker

Pretty much everything is going up in price, not just sticks. Most of the new, big items (pads, catchers, blockers, sticks) are jumping up $20, $30 or $50 US over their previous incarnation. Expect pro CAs to break $600 US and pro sticks to break $300 US. Catalyst PX at the $329 US price point is a sign of things to come.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

On 2/21/2022 at 2:21 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

I had been meaning to ask here anyway, so I’ll put it in this thread in the hopes that a) Someone has tried these, and; B) they could be an affordable alternative.

So - HAS anyone tried these…? The pricing is competitive, and there seems to be more options than the Canadian Tire/Sportcheck entry level. Note: this is not the Christian USA of yesteryear, makers of the Christian Curve; this is a Canadian company owned by the guy who now owns The Hockey News.

https://christianhockey.com/collections/goalie-sticks/products/christian-helium?variant=30140445556787

Emailed them to get some info on the helium and no response…

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yeah it's just crazy, how it costs. I had 2 CCM Premier 2.5 for at least almost 2 years. 2 games ago the shaft broke on a shot I got on it.
Went to the store and as usual, I cannot find any of these since they've been replaced since but the newer model (more expensive). I finally found in a local proshop where I play 1 stick Premier 1.5 All Black for 129CAD. Meanwhile it'll do the job but I am waiting for a friend who know someone that can have deals on sticks. I'll check with him hoping it's going to work.

The sticks are probably the most lucrative this in a sport store. I'd be curious to know how much it really cost to produce vs the price we pay...

On 3/14/2022 at 3:41 PM, HellCrow said:

Ah yeah it's just crazy, how it costs. I had 2 CCM Premier 2.5 for at least almost 2 years. 2 games ago the shaft broke on a shot I got on it.
Went to the store and as usual, I cannot find any of these since they've been replaced since but the newer model (more expensive). I finally found in a local proshop where I play 1 stick Premier 1.5 All Black for 129CAD. Meanwhile it'll do the job but I am waiting for a friend who know someone that can have deals on sticks. I'll check with him hoping it's going to work.

The sticks are probably the most lucrative this in a sport store. I'd be curious to know how much it really cost to produce vs the price we pay...

My Ps2 lasted a long time as well, they actually didn't break I ended up selling them, same as my Eflex4s, love the Eflex sticks, they are reasonably marked as well if you can find a 4, currently using a 5.

Edited by mr_shifty1982
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

My Ps2 lasted a long time as well, they actually didn't break I ended up selling them, same as my Eflex4s, love the Eflex sticks, they are reasonably marked as well if you cam find a 4, currently using a 5.

That's good to know, I'll aim for these then if they last long !