Insane Stick Prices

insertnamehere

On 2/21/2022 at 5:21 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

I had been meaning to ask here anyway, so I’ll put it in this thread in the hopes that a) Someone has tried these, and; B) they could be an affordable alternative.

So - HAS anyone tried these…? The pricing is competitive, and there seems to be more options than the Canadian Tire/Sportcheck entry level. Note: this is not the Christian USA of yesteryear, makers of the Christian Curve; this is a Canadian company owned by the guy who now owns The Hockey News.

https://christianhockey.com/collections/goalie-sticks/products/christian-helium?variant=30140445556787

My kid has a few of the new Christians in his stick graveyard, both foam core and composite. They’re used exclusively for practices, with high-end Bauers being used exclusively for games.

Pros: Relatively cheap, can customize the colours and can take a decent beating before they finally snap.

Cons: The composite stick is pretty heavy, and the foam core heavier still. They tend to get damaged easily — had to tape the shaft a few times to minimize splinters. Not great for playing the puck.

Buy again? Probably not. Best bet is to snag older high-end twigs in your favourite retailer’s clearance bin. 

98DC07C2-C200-4F39-9340-152D07E60E1C.jpeg

• Like 1

I bought like 30 Montreal sticks from GM when they were on clearance for $30. I think I'm good for a while. I had one break when I got checked hard behind the net playing the puck, otherwise I just retire 1 or two a year when they start getting too soggy.

My kid uses Warrior composites, they get worn on the bottom after a while, but they don't break.

Edited by estogoalie

• 1 month later...