Flumpy pads

bunnyman666

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Not gonna lie here Bunny, you're lucky I'm not a mod. 

I'd ban you so hard for this massacre. 

Have you ever seen the story of the guy who bought a custom Lefevre kit and realized after playing with it that it was finally too tall for him ?

The dude went to his local shoe-maker/cobbler and asked him to cut the pads to be shorter ... Man I gotta find these photos again. The job was awful !!!

Initial Pads : 

No photo description available.

Modified pads

5 minutes ago, HellCrow said:

Have you ever seen the story of the guy who bought a custom Lefevre kit and realized after playing with it that it was finally too tall for him ?

The dude went to his local shoe-maker/cobbler and asked him to cut the pads to be shorter ... Man I gotta find these photos again. The job was awful !!!

Initial Pads : 

Modified pads

That is abysmal.

I am actually very capable of much nicer work; I am paying tribute to Irbe and the quick and dirty repairs from EQMs of days past. Arguably, a thigh rise trim is pretty simple to execute. There is no reason for it to look like that. 

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2022 at 4:38 PM, bunnyman666 said:

Added more flump to the thigh rise by stuffing some Dacron in the thigh. There could be temporarily hotter rebounds until the new flump settles and becomes flumpy. 

Pics to come.

Dacron?!?! If you ran out of horse hair you could have just asked one of the local hot shots to help you use the Google and find some more…

https://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com/product/horse-hair/

19 hours ago, HellCrow said:

My local repair shop is selling pro-stock Vaughns. They are beautiful, but the thigh-rise is like +3s. They offered free chop work if someone buys them. Now their work is impeccable and I'm sure it would come out better than these, but the thought of cutting pads like that makes me cringe.

Reminds me of a guy who cut his G4 pads with a saw in between games during a tournament.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, johncho said:

My local repair shop is selling pro-stock Vaughns. They are beautiful, but the thigh-rise is like +3s. They offered free chop work if someone buys them. Now their work is impeccable and I'm sure it would come out better than these, but the thought of cutting pads like that makes me cringe.

Reminds me of a guy who cut his G4 pads with a saw in between games during a tournament.

The only thing that becomes weird is the taper on the top of the thigh rise. It’s not all that advisable to cut more than 1.25” off unless you’re going to thusly taper the foam as well. I am certain if it’s a repair shoppe, it would look close to, if not better than factory.

49 minutes ago, The Teal Terror said:

I loved Irbe, as if I haven’t mentioned it here before, big Sharks fan. He’s probably my number 2 all time. I’m hoping you have some lunging, sprawling poke checks channelling him!? 🤣

My poke checks are very Archie-like. Love the poke check.

• Like 1