What knee pads for thick thighs.

Madmedic6

Decided to get back on the ice after several years. I am a huskier fella with tree trunk legs. I went to a local peranis and tried on some CCM 1.9 and Bauer pro knee pads. Both were sr and I couldn't get much of the Velcro latched without being super tight. Does anyone have any recommendations for some knee pads for big legs? Passau showed l/xl were out of stock. Thanks 

2 hours ago, indykrap said:

I've got pretty big legs and generally have good luck with Warrior. I use the ones that came with my G5s but have used the Pro+ in the past with no fit issues.

Ordered a pair of the x3 pro+ so I guess we shall see. Thanks all. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

Ordered a pair of the x3 pro+ so I guess we shall see. Thanks all. 

Nice, congrats.  New gear is always fun.  I think you'll like this if they fit.  They have a great landing area that is really well padded that will give you a little bit of a height bump and the thigh protection is tremendous.  These are considered to be the bulkiest knee pads in the normal retail market.  I've been using them for a few years now and really love how protective they are.  I have a narrow butterfly and take a lot of pucks to the knees/thighs.

Edited by seagoal

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Nice, congrats.  New gear is always fun.  I think you'll like this if they fit.  They have a great landing area that is really well padded that will give you a little bit of a height bump and the thigh protection is tremendous.  These are considered to be the bulkiest knee pads in the normal retail market.  I've been using them for a few years now and really love how protective they are.  I have a narrow butterfly and take a lot of pucks to the knees/thighs.

How bulky are we talking? Last set I used were the koho swiss knee pads which were tanks. 

4 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

How bulky are we talking? Last set I used were the koho swiss knee pads which were tanks. 

They are not as big as those.  To be clear, I'm talking about knee pads for sale at stores or at a site like Goalie Monkey.  The Warrior Pro + ones are one of if not the bulkiest ones available there.  I'll post pics, lemme switch devices.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, seagoal said:

No problem.  Make sure to let us know how it goes once they show up.

They arrived this morning. Fit Is pretty great. Able to get them snug without digging in or excessive hook hanging over from the loop portion. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Edited by Madmedic6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CamWardFan said:

The Warrior Pro + also have their carbon fiber plates in them for amazing protection.  Have taken full college level clappers on them with no injury.  They also tie in to your pants really nicely, at least in my Warrior Pants...........

Im in CCM hpg12a pants. Gotta grap a sock girdle tomorrow since I forgot to order a goalie girdle with the knee pads. 

• Like 1