Hot Wheels, Matchbox, other diecast cars: who collects or modifies?

bunnyman666

I recently caught the bug to start collecting them again. Pretty much all JDM stuff. But as with everything lately it seems like the supply chain has hit all my local stores are they have been tough to come by since before Xmas.

0?ui=2&ik=4ddaff48fc&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1729574613867764298&th=1800aef2981f1a4a&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8xrEJD0IIm_QgM-Y031xhsbsZdyF9oT2cRrCX1B59NZ0407SLipgxlzQAEB9-AI0Gsr0DAMgFR3FaaYgC17WnsRtyoo-Jwe9z72_8b5hWFr4TmLIL_H4PUoQA&disp=emb

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I recently caught the bug to start collecting them again. Pretty much all JDM stuff. But as with everything lately it seems like the supply chain has hit all my local stores are they have been tough to come by since before Xmas.

0?ui=2&ik=4ddaff48fc&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1729574613867764298&th=1800aef2981f1a4a&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8xrEJD0IIm_QgM-Y031xhsbsZdyF9oT2cRrCX1B59NZ0407SLipgxlzQAEB9-AI0Gsr0DAMgFR3FaaYgC17WnsRtyoo-Jwe9z72_8b5hWFr4TmLIL_H4PUoQA&disp=emb

I actually had a pretty cool selection become available, including old Ford GT40’s and the like. 

2 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

I had a solid 1:18 collection until I let my kids play with em. 

I have heard that one a few times!

For me, it’s customisation that’s really tripping my trigger. I can get a pretty whooped casting at pennies on the dollar and make something cool.

I still have most of the die cast stuff I grew up with. Many different kinds. Hot Wheels (some red lines), matchbox, corgi, majorette, Auburn (the rubber cars and trucks) and a lot of tootsietoy 

The only thing I couldn't keep were the Tonka trucks. Just too big during the move. 

Thinking about it now I kept 1 tonka. A small front loader. Its orange. And I don't have any of the Auburn anymore. I think some of my stuff went to my nephew. At work now but maybe I can get some pictures later. 

Edited by Scythe
  • Like 1