Vezina Finalists 2021-2022

seagoal

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I do enjoy the irony of this announcement coming on the heels from Igor letting in 6 goals lol. 

Not to mention Saros not playing in the playoffs at all because of an injury in game 80 of the regular season.

4 minutes ago, chile57 said:

Interesting that the lineup consists of only one behemoth along with two smaller guys... there's still hope for me. 🤣

Yes! I love that too.  Shame to goalies with the crossbar across their lumbars, shame!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yes! I love that too.  Shame to goalies with the crossbar across their lumbars, shame!

I have always preferred watching the smaller guys play. Guys like Bishop always just seem to lumber around and have the puck hit them (which is a credit to them). If I'm watching I'll take controlled chaos any day. Plus its always fun to see David go up against Goliath... and win.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chile57 said:

I have always preferred watching the smaller guys play. Guys like Bishop always just seem to lumber around and have the puck hit them (which is a credit to them). If I'm watching I'll take controlled chaos any day. Plus its always fun to see David go up against Goliath... and win.

Yup.  Saros is my favorite goalie to watch followed by Quick.  They are both so fun to watch them work.  Quick is neither giant nor tiny but he "plays smaller" so it kinda works along the lines of watching Saros.

• Like 2

@seagoal during the summer my 6' - 4" buddy occasionally tends the net on the other end while my 5' - 4" frame does its best to tend to the other. Its funny to watch him and how he "fits" in the net versus knowing how I need to move and how I (literally) fit IN THE NET. Its like real life Mutt and Jeff.

Anyways - I'd be fine with any of those guys winning. Even Markstrom has the rags to riches thing going on so that redemptive arc is always a feel good story.

Edited by chile57
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chile57 said:

@seagoal during the summer my 6' - 4" buddies occasionally tends the net on the other end while my 5' - 4" frame does its best to tend to the other. Its funny to watch him and how he "fits" in the net versus knowing how I need to move and how I (literally) fit IN THE NET. Its like real life Mutt and Jeff.

Haha, yep.

There is no need to "make saves" if the puck is just gonna hit you.

You guys are talking about shorter goalies possibly making a comeback. 
But thinking of Tim Thomas, maybe the more robust body-type should make a comeback. Him and Marty had beer league bodies. Both were pretty durable. Sometimes I wonder if all the goalie injuries have something to do with these guys looking like stick-figures. No data to back this theory up, of course. 
Also, it would be nice if we had less flopping from goalies after the get bumped into. Act like it didn’t bother you. 

• 1 month later...