Jump to content

2021-2022 Playoffs


Fullright
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@netminderbinnington is a fucking joke 

I've said it before, but sny goalie that acts tough and doesn't back it up are just massive pussys. 

You want to stir shit up? Great, by Mike Smith and follow through. 

You want to throw fake punches, talk shit to the media, throw fucking water bottles at guys in interviews after you lose? 

Fucking quit hockey. 

There is ZERO place for this bitch ass behaviour.

What an absolute embarrassment to the sport. 

God I fucking hate him. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@netminderbinnington is a fucking joke 

I've said it before, but sny goalie that acts tough and doesn't back it up are just massive pussys. 

You want to stir shit up? Great, by Mike Smith and follow through. 

You want to throw fake punches, talk shit to the media, throw fucking water bottles at guys in interviews after you lose? 

Fucking quit hockey. 

There is ZERO place for this bitch ass behaviour.

What an absolute embarrassment to the sport. 

God I fucking hate him. 

Why does it make him a pussy though? This is 2022 not 1994 bud. Violence on violence is your answer to everything? I bet you've been single for a long time. I respect the hell out of someone who shows restraint. Winnington is out for the rest of these playoffs because of known repeat offending cheap shot artist doing his thing yet again. If a thrown water bottle triggers you this much, i'd say your're a few notches below Winningtons tempermant here unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, netminder said:

Why does it make him a pussy though? This is 2022 not 1994 bud. Violence on violence is your answer to everything? I bet you've been single for a long time. I respect the hell out of someone who shows restraint. Winnington is out for the rest of these playoffs because of known repeat offending cheap shot artist doing his thing yet again. If a thrown water bottle triggers you this much, i'd say your're a few notches below Winningtons tempermant here unfortunately.

Kadri doesn't have a history of running goalies, and he didn't do anything wrong on that play. Binnington's own defenceman rode him in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Kadri doesn't have a history of running goalies, and he didn't do anything wrong on that play. Binnington's own defenceman rode him in.

He has been suspended for running a goalie actually, but it was at least 8 or 9 years ago. Kadri, making no attempt to slow down, lowered his shoulder and leaned into Rosen - causing Rosen to crash into Binnington prob wont get suspended, but intent was present.

Edited by netminder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, netminder said:

He has been suspended for running a goalie actually, but it was at least 8 or 9 years ago. Kadri, making no attempt to slow down, lowered his shoulder and leaned into Rosen - causing Rosen to crash into Binnington prob wont get suspended, but intent was present.

Intent to play the loose puck, sure. Going hard to the net doesn't qualify as "intent to run the goalie and hurt him".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I interpreted the Bennington crash like @netminder. The way I saw it, Kadri gave the D-man a body on body shove but I didnt see it as a penalty. It sucks but it was a hockey play. It happens in the regular season; it's going to happen in the playoffs. FWIW, I am not a fan of Kadri but I just didnt see a penalty. 

Looking forward the Carolina v. NYR. The 'Canes really move their feet - no space and time when they push the pace. NYR look better against Carolina than they did against the Pens. The last game was a terrific game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, netminder said:

Why does it make him a pussy though? This is 2022 not 1994 bud. Violence on violence is your answer to everything? I bet you've been single for a long time. I respect the hell out of someone who shows restraint. Winnington is out for the rest of these playoffs because of known repeat offending cheap shot artist doing his thing yet again. If a thrown water bottle triggers you this much, i'd say your're a few notches below Winningtons tempermant here unfortunately.

Lol. 

I wouldn't coin Whinington hucking a water bottle at someone during an interview is "showing restraint". 

You seem to excuse a lot of his childish behaviour. It's cute. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regardless of how we feel about the various incidents that led to goalie injuries, the number of goalie injuries is alarming. A lot of different factors leading to the injuries. Contact, coaches overworking their goalie, open-style of play leading to overextension, etc. I wonder if we’ll see the day when teams carry three goalies as the norm like European soccer teams or college hockey teams do. Or they have to institute a zero tolerance policy on goalie contact. Otherwise, the increasing use of emergency goalies will continue as the starter and backup will continue to get injured. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Lol. 

I wouldn't coin Whinington hucking a water bottle at someone during an interview is "showing restraint". 

You seem to excuse a lot of his childish behaviour. It's cute. 

You seem to gravitate to pure violence to solve conflicts, you're 90's tough guy attitude is cuter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Lucic making friends 

 

Smith was such an idiot on that play.

"Ah, yes, let my try to spin-o-rama deke a rushing Milan Lucic behind the net, famously the best spot for a goalie to try and dangle a man as wide as a barn door."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Smith was such an idiot on that play.

"Ah, yes, let my try to spin-o-rama deke a rushing Milan Lucic behind the net, famously the best spot for a goalie to try and dangle a man as wide as a barn door."

ha, yeah, the spin-o-rama to his backhand was a head scratcher....granted, he's got great backhand sauce (so does Binnington).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it was funny

Ovechkin after losing in the first round: "We were all at fault, but we played against the best team in the league" Result - "best team in the league" 0 - Tampa 4

Can anyone explain to me why Tampa's first two goals were cancelled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ser33 said:

it was funny

Ovechkin after losing in the first round: "We were all at fault, but we played against the best team in the league" Result - "best team in the league" 0 - Tampa 4

Can anyone explain to me why Tampa's first two goals were cancelled?

On the first goal, the puck went out of play and hit the protective netting above the glass, play continued. Coach’s challenge forced replay and the goal was overturned. 
On the second goal, on the face off, the center used his hand to pass the puck to the goalscorer. Coach’s challenge forced replay and the goal was overturned. 

Toronto scored 24 goals on Tampa in seven games. Florida scored three goals on Tampa in four games. That’s embarrassing. I don’t care how good Vasilevskiy is, you gotta do better than three goals in four games as the presidents trophy winner. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Toronto scored 24 goals on Tampa in seven games. Florida scored three goals on Tampa in four games. That’s embarrassing. I don’t care how good Vasilevskiy is, you gotta do better than three goals in four games as the presidents trophy winner. 

this is where my irony was directed

with all due respect to Bobrovsky, who has shown an excellent game lately

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...