2021-2022 Playoffs

Fullright

@netminderbinnington is a fucking joke 

I've said it before, but sny goalie that acts tough and doesn't back it up are just massive pussys. 

You want to stir shit up? Great, by Mike Smith and follow through. 

You want to throw fake punches, talk shit to the media, throw fucking water bottles at guys in interviews after you lose? 

Fucking quit hockey. 

There is ZERO place for this bitch ass behaviour.

What an absolute embarrassment to the sport. 

God I fucking hate him. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, netminder said:

Why does it make him a pussy though? This is 2022 not 1994 bud. Violence on violence is your answer to everything? I bet you've been single for a long time. I respect the hell out of someone who shows restraint. Winnington is out for the rest of these playoffs because of known repeat offending cheap shot artist doing his thing yet again. If a thrown water bottle triggers you this much, i'd say your're a few notches below Winningtons tempermant here unfortunately.

Kadri doesn't have a history of running goalies, and he didn't do anything wrong on that play. Binnington's own defenceman rode him in.

1 hour ago, netminder said:

He has been suspended for running a goalie actually, but it was at least 8 or 9 years ago. Kadri, making no attempt to slow down, lowered his shoulder and leaned into Rosen - causing Rosen to crash into Binnington prob wont get suspended, but intent was present.

Intent to play the loose puck, sure. Going hard to the net doesn't qualify as "intent to run the goalie and hurt him".

I interpreted the Bennington crash like @netminder. The way I saw it, Kadri gave the D-man a body on body shove but I didnt see it as a penalty. It sucks but it was a hockey play. It happens in the regular season; it's going to happen in the playoffs. FWIW, I am not a fan of Kadri but I just didnt see a penalty. 

Looking forward the Carolina v. NYR. The 'Canes really move their feet - no space and time when they push the pace. NYR look better against Carolina than they did against the Pens. The last game was a terrific game.

4 hours ago, netminder said:

Why does it make him a pussy though? This is 2022 not 1994 bud. Violence on violence is your answer to everything? I bet you've been single for a long time. I respect the hell out of someone who shows restraint. Winnington is out for the rest of these playoffs because of known repeat offending cheap shot artist doing his thing yet again. If a thrown water bottle triggers you this much, i'd say your're a few notches below Winningtons tempermant here unfortunately.

Lol. 

I wouldn't coin Whinington hucking a water bottle at someone during an interview is "showing restraint". 

You seem to excuse a lot of his childish behaviour. It's cute. 

Regardless of how we feel about the various incidents that led to goalie injuries, the number of goalie injuries is alarming. A lot of different factors leading to the injuries. Contact, coaches overworking their goalie, open-style of play leading to overextension, etc. I wonder if we’ll see the day when teams carry three goalies as the norm like European soccer teams or college hockey teams do. Or they have to institute a zero tolerance policy on goalie contact. Otherwise, the increasing use of emergency goalies will continue as the starter and backup will continue to get injured. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Lucic making friends 

Smith was such an idiot on that play.

"Ah, yes, let my try to spin-o-rama deke a rushing Milan Lucic behind the net, famously the best spot for a goalie to try and dangle a man as wide as a barn door."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Smith was such an idiot on that play.

"Ah, yes, let my try to spin-o-rama deke a rushing Milan Lucic behind the net, famously the best spot for a goalie to try and dangle a man as wide as a barn door."

ha, yeah, the spin-o-rama to his backhand was a head scratcher....granted, he's got great backhand sauce (so does Binnington).

it was funny

Ovechkin after losing in the first round: "We were all at fault, but we played against the best team in the league" Result - "best team in the league" 0 - Tampa 4

Can anyone explain to me why Tampa's first two goals were cancelled?

7 minutes ago, ser33 said:

it was funny

Ovechkin after losing in the first round: "We were all at fault, but we played against the best team in the league" Result - "best team in the league" 0 - Tampa 4

Can anyone explain to me why Tampa's first two goals were cancelled?

On the first goal, the puck went out of play and hit the protective netting above the glass, play continued. Coach’s challenge forced replay and the goal was overturned. 
On the second goal, on the face off, the center used his hand to pass the puck to the goalscorer. Coach’s challenge forced replay and the goal was overturned. 

Toronto scored 24 goals on Tampa in seven games. Florida scored three goals on Tampa in four games. That’s embarrassing. I don’t care how good Vasilevskiy is, you gotta do better than three goals in four games as the presidents trophy winner. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Toronto scored 24 goals on Tampa in seven games. Florida scored three goals on Tampa in four games. That’s embarrassing. I don’t care how good Vasilevskiy is, you gotta do better than three goals in four games as the presidents trophy winner. 

this is where my irony was directed

with all due respect to Bobrovsky, who has shown an excellent game lately

Perfect sequence of events to conspire against him. Teammate loses puck as he’s entering the offensive zone, defender inexplicably shooting one-time while skating backwards, ALL the players cutting across his vision at the same time, arc put on the shot so the puck blended in with the seats. That shot was from Steph Curry range. 

• Like 1