2021-2022 Playoffs

Fullright

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

To be fair to Kuemper, he's been cosplaying as a pirate most of these playoffs. 

He took himself out of last game because his vision was blurry. 

Same thing that's plagued Raanta his entire career; his groin is made of glass. 

Wow. The only one that gets to break his groin is the lovely Anna Raanta née Ylijoki. Perhaps she can help fix her husband up so that the Raantas can enjoy their day with Lord Stanley's Cup eventually. 

15 hours ago, Fullright said:

Ok, anyone with a pulse knows the top two. The bottom two I cant remember the tag team's name but one of them was Outback Jack. Pretty sure Brutis the Barber called him "Outhouse Jack".

Last night was exciting and fun to watch but geez....14 goals? Any mistake by the D or the goaler and in it went.

Anyone know the extent of Raanta's injury? Looked like a hip, knee, or hamstring.

Tonight should be fun too. 

(Kind of) close - those two gents are most commonly known as The Bushwackers - Luke (right) and Butch (left)... but of course went by other names in other territories.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Scythe said:

This is not the same Ranger team I saw during the regular season.  The PP goal was cool how they peppered him with shots. 

As far as I remember in the regular season, the Rangers won every match against Tampa. in any case, these are my two favorite teams and the conference final will be of particular interest to me

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ser33 said:

As far as I remember in the regular season, the Rangers won every match against Tampa. in any case, these are my two favorite teams and the conference final will be of particular interest to me

As far as I remember the canes dominated the rangers in the regular season. 
play offs are a different animal

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fullright said:

Ok, anyone with a pulse knows the top two. The bottom two I cant remember the tag team's name but one of them was Outback Jack. Pretty sure Brutis the Barber called him "Outhouse Jack".

Last night was exciting and fun to watch but geez....14 goals? Any mistake by the D or the goaler and in it went.

Anyone know the extent of Raanta's injury? Looked like a hip, knee, or hamstring.

Tonight should be fun too. 

The bottom 2 guys are the Bushwhackers : Cousin Butch and Cousin Luke. They're from New Zealand and they were known as the Sheepherders in the NWA and The Kiwis before that.

Outback Jack was a different guy from Australia when WWF tried to capitalize on the Crocodile Dundee frenzy during the 80's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ser33 said:

Indeed they did, 3-0 during the season.  I don't see that continuing though.  This will be a tough series.

3 hours ago, GoalieInTheDesertYT said:

As far as I remember the canes dominated the rangers in the regular season. 
play offs are a different animal

And then there is this.  I wouldn't say Carolina dominated the Rangers but they did handle them quite well.  Playoffs are different animal.  I don't see any of the remaining games being as easy as game 1.  I was beyond surprised to see it happen at all.  I loved every moment of it though.  LGR
Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

22 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Indeed they did, 3-0 during the season.  I don't see that continuing though.  This will be a tough series.

And then there is this.  I wouldn't say Carolina dominated the Rangers but they did handle them quite well.  Playoffs are different animal.  I don't see any of the remaining games being as easy as game 1.  I was beyond surprised to see it happen at all.  I loved every moment of it though.  LGR
Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

There's a stat going around where the team who recently won a game 7 plays against a team coming off a sweep is 8-0.

Lightning in 5. ;) 

35 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Lets make it a 7 game series with Tampa pulling off the reverse sweep. 

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

The Rangers are playing.  Of course it is going to go 7.  They never make it easy for themselves lol

But yea, no, I don't see the Rangers winning 3 in a row and then dropping 4 straight.  No chance.

On 6/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, Fullright said:

@SaveByRichter35: wow! Dismantled Tampa last night. They just stick with their game no matter what. This isnt over yet obviously but they look unshakeable and when they blow coverage, that monster is in goal. Very impressive.

Was it Tampa being good or did the Rangers lost their game in the third yesterday? They looked like they got nervous of winning or whatever happened. No puck control, no organized playing and before that for the first two games and two periods they had a really solid game. Not saying Tampa didn't earn the victory but something happened on Rangers team. 

• Like 1