2021-2022 Playoffs

Fullright

I haven't watched much of the playoffs yet this year. 

I see that the finals are starting. Here's the schedule for those that need it.

2022 NHL playoff schedule: Stanley Cup Final

COLORADO AVALANCHE v. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Game 1 – June 15: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 2 – June 18: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 3 – June 20: Avalanche at Lightning, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 4 – June 22: Avalanche at Lightning, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
*Game 5 – June 24: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
*Game 6 – June 26: Avalanche at Lightning, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
*Game 7 – June 28: Lightning at Avalanche, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think NYR just ran out of gas. Hats off to them; I never had any inkling they would make it to the semis. The two best teams made it to the Finals. No clue who wins. The 'Lanche will be rested and have a really good team game. The Bolts wont be as rested but they too play a really good team game and they've the experience. Should be fun to watch. Might be heresy to say given our position but kinda of nice that for a change a team is not being carried by a hot goaler into the Finals. 

• Like 4

On 6/12/2022 at 1:47 PM, XCVII said:

Some can't. I do remember reading somewhere that Lundqvist had a debilitating problem with his hands and couldn't close his mitt all the time.

Debilitating? His glove hand may have been not perfect, but his pimp hand... legendary. 

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:44 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

*carried heavily by stellar defense

Colorado has been sheltering Francouz very heavily. 

Don't count out Andrei Vasilevsky. The guy is a Vezina winner, 2-time Stanley Cup champion, and if I'm not mistaken, a Conn Smythe winner. If he isn't now, he sure might become one if the Lightning pull off the 3-peat. 

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What is so funny?

Your team lost. I'm much happy. 

27 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Don't count out Andrei Vasilevsky. The guy is a Vezina winner, 2-time Stanley Cup champion, and if I'm not mistaken, a Conn Smythe winner. If he isn't now, he sure might become one if the Lightning pull off the 3-peat. 

I'm not. I'm pulling for Tampa actually. 

Time to embrace the villain. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Your team lost. I'm much happy. 

It sucks they lost but I am plenty happy with their season.  Their first playoff appearance after a rebuild and they made it to the ECF.  They were only supposed to compete in the first round.  They very well could have beat Tampa had a few chances gone the other way.  Not taking anything away from Tampa.  They did what a battle tested championship  team does.  They did what a team that knows how to win does.  Huge learning experience for the kids on this team, and what better team to learn from?  I see a step back next season, their cap situation is not good.  But they'll be back and they'll be around for quite a while.  Tell me about your 'nucks though...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Do we want Tampa to win three Stanley cups in a row and Pat Maroon to win four straight OR do we want Corey Perry to lose in three straight finals with three different teams?

I literally don't know who I want to win.  Usually in these situations I start pulling for whoever is behind later in the series.

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It sucks they lost but I am plenty happy with their season.  Their first playoff appearance after a rebuild and they made it to the ECF.  They were only supposed to compete in the first round.  They very well could have beat Tampa had a few chances gone the other way.  Not taking anything away from Tampa.  They did what a battle tested championship  team does.  They did what a team that knows how to win does.  Huge learning experience for the kids on this team, and what better team to learn from?  I see a step back next season, their cap situation is not good.  But they'll be back and they'll be around for quite a while.  Tell me about your 'nucks though...

You take me too seriously. I'm just here to talk shit to whomever will entertain me lol. 

My main team was in the SCF last year and won the lottery this year. So I had that going for me. 

2 hours ago, Scythe said:

well game 1 delivered. great game. Didn't know Kuemper played bare legged. I did that a few weeks ago because my leggings were left at home and didn't care for it. 

I have noticed the bare leg as well before, kind of strange.

The Avs got this though, they looked good and all over Tampa.  I don't think Tampa can sustain all this pressure every game.  It's done in 5 or 6.

Edited by mr_shifty1982
  • Like 1

I thought it was a good game also. Just a bad luck or good luck, depending on your point of view, play leading to the OT goal. Vas is excellent in general but really excellent at pulling it together after a tough start. The 'Lanche are just effing strong esp in that altitude and the Bolts dont panic. I thought they had a decent game just coming off the last series. Failed to notice Kemper's bare legs; I like him but I have just never saw him as a stud #1 in the NHL. Dont really care who wins; just enjoying the hockey.

14 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I have noticed the bare leg as well before, kind of strange.

The Avs got this though, they looked good and all over Tampa.  I don't think Tampa can sustain all this pressure every game.  It's done in 5 or 6.

FWIW I'm rooting against Tampa as well - but NYR pulled two straight convincing wins to open the series against Tampa last round, then TB locked it down for the remaining 4.  Don't count them out, they're a great team that's mentally resilient

4 hours ago, Fullright said:

I thought it was a good game also. Just a bad luck or good luck, depending on your point of view, play leading to the OT goal. Vas is excellent in general but really excellent at pulling it together after a tough start. The 'Lanche are just effing strong esp in that altitude and the Bolts dont panic. I thought they had a decent game just coming off the last series. Failed to notice Kemper's bare legs; I like him but I have just never saw him as a stud #1 in the NHL. Dont really care who wins; just enjoying the hockey.

Colorado looked like a freight train of a team generating offense last game.  We'll see how Saturday goes.  Avs are a deeper team and their top end talent is better, but Tampa's got experience.

Kuemper doesn't have to steal the series, but he'll be called on to steal a game or two.  His reads and movement weren't very sharp in G1 IMO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

So, looks like Kuemper is a win away from the Stanley Cup with a .898 save percentage. Woof.

The goal he gave up to Hedman was pretty bad.  He was way off angle.  Shot came a few inches off the left faceoff dot, but his right knee was above the 45 marker in the crease.  Despite that, he played well the rest of the game.  Nothing he could have done on the first, MacKinnon was busy complaining to the ref instead of bodying up Cirelli

Some debate on the internets today on the validity of Kadri's goal, the complaint is that the play should have been blown dead for too many men.  Avs absolutely owned zone time in OT and that was enough to do Tampa in I think

OT winner was another low blocker goal on Vasi, that seems to be the game plan on him in this series

Avs camp is putting up some drama about ice conditions in Tampa, accusing rink staff of running the rink hot so the ice is a little slushy to slow them down

Will be an interesting game 5 tomorrow

7 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

The goal he gave up to Hedman was pretty bad.  He was way off angle.  Shot came a few inches off the left faceoff dot, but his right knee was above the 45 marker in the crease.  Despite that, he played well the rest of the game.  Nothing he could have done on the first, MacKinnon was busy complaining to the ref instead of bodying up Cirelli

Some debate on the internets today on the validity of Kadri's goal, the complaint is that the play should have been blown dead for too many men.  Avs absolutely owned zone time in OT and that was enough to do Tampa in I think

OT winner was another low blocker goal on Vasi, that seems to be the game plan on him in this series

Avs camp is putting up some drama about ice conditions in Tampa, accusing rink staff of running the rink hot so the ice is a little slushy to slow them down

Will be an interesting game 5 tomorrow

I've always had a stance that if the infraction doesn't affect the spirit of the rule and/or the actual play at hand, then it's a good non call. 

i.e: Offside challenges when the person was either a millimeter offside, or if the zone entry didn't directly lead to a goal and there was a lag between zone entry and goal. (long set up time.) Both instances really don't have a massive impact on the play at hand and shouldn't be called back. 

I know it opens the door for subjectivity, but it drives me nuts seeing a goal called back because one forwards skates was slightly offside when he was tagging back and the scoring team didn't score until 45 seconds later. 

Same thing with the Avs too many men on the ice. It wasn't something that truly affected the game ending goal and the focus on it is that typical thing that follows sports about complaining about tic-tacky scenarios.

The ice thing makes me laugh. It's Tampa in late June. The fuck do you expect? 

• Like 2