2021-2022 Playoffs

Fullright

37 minutes ago, netminder said:

Where's Price MVP last year? Or Khudobins? They were grossy outplayed.   Your infatuation with a losing goalie year who was clearly 2nd best in ALL the goalie stats in the 2022 Final series is hilarious.

Vasy had a better 5v5 sv%, better goals saved above average, more saves in general, etc. So objectively you're incorrect. 

Let alone we won't touch on the high danger saves difference or anything. Vasy was the better goalie, Kuemper was sheltered. Stats aside, the eye test alone is obivous. 

Let it go. Im never wrong

Really? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, netminder said:

The Bolts beat the Habs last year by outscoring them too, yet Vasi got MVP and he did way way less than Price. Whats your point?

Losing goalies have won the Conn Smythe in the past, Vasi was nothing special whatsoever, And shocker here, its because it was a MUCH MUCH harder opponent in the Finals finally.

You understand the Conn Smythe is awarded to the team MVP throughout the playoffs, not just the final right? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, netminder said:

Where's Price MVP last year? Or Khudobins? They were grossy outplayed.   Your infatuation with a losing goalie year who was clearly 2nd best in ALL the goalie stats in the 2022 Final series is hilarious. Let it go. Im never wrong

You're wrong this time, by a lot. Let it go. 

Edited by mr_shifty1982
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, netminder said:

So why didnt Price get it then? a FAAAAR less superior roster then TB at every position in front of him yet they still went the distance ONLY because of Price! I look forward to you picking the Vasi because of his GAA, save percentage and win loss is better then Price because thats what Hyprocrites do.

Lol wut? 

Price was pedestrian come the finals and vasy was top tier the entire four rounds that year. Vasy's GAA was less than half Price's was in that final. 

Giving the Conn Smythe to the losing team is an anomaly in normal circumstances. Especially when the opposing winning goaltender was still more dominant throughout all the playoffs. 

43 minutes ago, netminder said:

Yea Jamie Benn and Suzuki were so deadly, no wonder Price and Dobi were over shadowed by Vasi's greatness!  LMFAO. better 5v5 is weak AF by the way. My mom would be better beind that roster vs those AHL level opponents the last 2 years. Keep swimming.

You're contradicting yourself here. But whatever you want to spew. 

If you don't think that the lightning faced any tough team in the last three year runs then you're nuts. 

24 minutes ago, netminder said:

BTW, Vasi might be in the top 3 WORST GAA for a starter in the FInals in the past 20+ years

Best goalie won the Cup this year, not by much, but steadier when it counts.

Because there isn't any outliers that skew that stat at all lol. Most goalies aren't left in for 7 goals. 

Kuemper was actually the least steady goalie by a long shot. I've already given you imperical data that showcases this. 

You can die on this hill all you want man, but the Avalanche didn't win this cup because of whoever was between the pipes. 

They could've won with your mother. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Lol wut? 

Price was pedestrian come the finals and vasy was top tier the entire four rounds that year. Vasy's GAA was less than half Price's was in that final. 

Giving the Conn Smythe to the losing team is an anomaly in normal circumstances. Especially when the opposing winning goaltender was still more dominant throughout all the playoffs. 

You're contradicting yourself here. But whatever you want to spew. 

If you don't think that the lightning faced any tough team in the last three year runs then you're nuts. 

Because there isn't any outliers that skew that stat at all lol. Most goalies aren't left in for 7 goals. 

Kuemper was actually the least steady goalie by a long shot. I've already given you imperical data that showcases this. 

You can die on this hill all you want man, but the Avalanche didn't win this cup because of whoever was between the pipes. 

They could've won with your mother. 

The reason Giguere got the Conn Smythe is because he got a 7-seed to within one game of winning the Stanley Cup. He had a 15-6 record, 1.62 GAA, and .945 save percentage. 

Just now, netminder said:

So much ignorance here.

lol. whatever you say man. 

This is just going down the same route all of our arguments go:

- You say something stupid
- I call you out on it and ask for proof
- You don't supply any and double down on the crazy.

It's gotten a bit stale man. 

• Like 2

Cup Finals numbers.  Would hardly say Vasilevskiy got outplayed.

Kuemper: 25.3 shots/game

Vasi: 35.1 shots/game

image.thumb.png.538e0500808c4cbd660cfc15b4f9259a.png

Colorado averaged 4.25 goals for per game in the playoffs.  Based on this, Tampa/Vasi kept COL a full goal under their expected output:

image.thumb.png.70877e74fe83141fc67004fb80309517.png

Tampa Bay averaged 2.91 goals for per game in their run and in general won on much slimmer margins:

image.thumb.png.37c063ea4f3e1fcddaaa27ae11453cf4.png

I don't think you'll find a GM anywhere who would take Kuemper over Vasi.  Kuemper was "good enough" to win the Cup, much like Niemi was in Chicago. 

While we're at it, this is what getting outplayed looks like.  Sorry Brodeur fans

image.thumb.png.45bd329a16dc08abc3257d262d4a8086.png

It's really hard to compare goalies as you guys must know from playing the position, there's also the fact that it's a team sport and there's a lot of puck luck that goes into it as well. Just look at Game 2, I think that was the easiest SCF shutout that I've ever seen that makes Kuemper look good on paper, but anyone who's seen the game will tell you that Tampa had nothing going that night.

This is also how I like to segue into the fact that I believe that Brodeur was a good goalie, but not a great one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johncho said:

It's really hard to compare goalies as you guys must know from playing the position, there's also the fact that it's a team sport and there's a lot of puck luck that goes into it as well. Just look at Game 2, I think that was the easiest SCF shutout that I've ever seen that makes Kuemper look good on paper, but anyone who's seen the game will tell you that Tampa had nothing going that night.

This is also how I like to segue into the fact that I believe that Brodeur was a good goalie, but not a great one.

Oh boy, them's fightin' words. 

22 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

lol, this is from the NHL instagram page:

Untitled.thumb.png.d200787286f8ee75f1dbf4ca14f39b32.png

We joked about it, but apparently Kuemper really did play almost half blind 

In goal, Darcy Kuemper, who suffered an eye injury in the second round against St. Louis, had to go to an optometrist multiple times a day in order to "re-train his eye", according to head coach Jared Bednar.”

5 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

In goal, Darcy Kuemper, who suffered an eye injury in the second round against St. Louis, had to go to an optometrist multiple times a day in order to "re-train his eye", according to head coach Jared Bednar.”

I read that as well. Which makes sense as Kuemper was not himself throughout this playoffs. Dude is usually an above average goalie. 

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Dude had a Sv% above .900 without any depth perception. Fuckin' wild.

• Like 1