TGN Deep Dive: CCM Axis 2

TheGoalNet

25 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

@ThatCarGuy @coopaloop1234 really? Perhaps I'm not used to it, at that location...found the pad to sit too tight to my leg.  I'd like the strapping to be a little more loose there. 

I found it looser than my 2S pads. Though, on your P2's, are you rocking the old Premier style of a non-existent leg channel? 

46 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I found it looser than my 2S pads. Though, on your P2's, are you rocking the old Premier style of a non-existent leg channel? 

I barley use the P2s lol but the Axis and P2s QMSS are in the same spot... this is different. I also have the option to play with the straps to my liking. I can't with the Axis 2 because it's 1 strap attached to the pad 🤦‍♂️

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Any further updates on this set? Thoughts how it stacks up to Mach? Any preference of 591 vs traditional 590? Considering getting an A2.9 just to get a feel for 591 but not sure if it’s worth it

I just yesterday had a chance to check some gear while I had my steels sharpened and there were Axis 2.9 and Axis 2 gloves and yes I tried them first. Cheez they were stiff, like STIFF. And more stiff than that. I wasn't able to close any of the four samples there were. The closest I got was about an inch open. Sure I could close them with a bit of help from my other hand but. Yeah.

And that said I don't have to say anything about how much I was able to open them. No I wasn't.

Other than that I couldn't say they felt bad or odd. The angles of them and not just break angle were a different story and I might have some trouble getting into that. Not even close to the traditional 590 shape. But I'm not saying it would be bad. Just that it felt and looked a lot more different than I would've expected.

Edited by ArdeFIN

6 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

I just yesterday had a chance to check some gear while I had my steels sharpened and there were Axis 2.9 and Axis 2 gloves and yes I tried them first. Cheez they were stiff, like STIFF. And more stiff than that. I wasn't able to close any of the four samples there were. The closest I got was about an inch open. Sure I could close them with a bit of help from my other hand but. Yeah.

And that said I don't have to say anything about how much I was able to open them. No I wasn't.

Other than that I couldn't say they felt bad or odd. The angles of them and not just break angle were a different story and I might have some trouble getting into that. Not even close to the traditional 590 shape. But I'm not saying it would be bad. Just that it felt and looked a lot more different than I would've expected.

I have intermediate hands and was able to close it, not sure what was your issue. Either way, gloves need a little work and some sweat. The Axis 1 for me is like butter. 

The 591 does have a different closure than the 590, it's different. But it's new innovation for ccm, not for everyone.  

2 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

2 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I have intermediate hands and was able to close it, not sure what was your issue. Either way, gloves need a little work and some sweat. The Axis 1 for me is like butter. 

The 591 does have a different closure than the 590, it's different. But it's new innovation for ccm, not for everyone.  

Interesting. The axis 2 591 was definitely a struggle for me to close but it was still easier than the axis pro and EF5 590. That said 591 felt like it took more finger strength to close than 590 as opposed to Pam strength. Still curious to hear more unbiased opinions from those who’ve used 591 on ice (I say unbiased because the majority of 591 users seem to ccm sponsored athletes)

Edited by ThatCarGuy