TGN Deep Dive: Bauer Konekt Skates

TheGoalNet

Thoughts on Konekt so far...

The ankle flex is a game changer. This probably the most innovation and instantly beneficial piece of gear I have used since TGN started. The comfort in through the roof also, I have had zero foot pain, hot spots, etc. I cannot imagine going back to regular skates.

T pushes, butterfly slides while already down, and out of RVH are the key places I really feel the ankle flex. I feel like my edges catch the ice a second sooner and my movement feels way more organic. It's one of those "issues" I didn't know I had until it was "fixed".

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

For the record, you have to bake these skates to try them on properly and retailers are permitted to bake them for customers without purchase. If you do not bake them they will feel just plain awful.

I assume that means there are no baking restrictions on these then?  Most skates these days are, what, only 3-4 bakes recommended?

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I assume that means there are no baking restrictions on these then?  Most skates these days are, what, only 3-4 bakes recommended?

Correct. As far as I know you can rebake these as much as you want. If the store is smart they’ll leave a pair already baked with a generic foot mold in it so that most people can try the skate 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

you can bake these and skate with them as soon as they cool too, not 24 hour period like traditional skates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 8:31 AM, HellCrow said:

How much are these beauty again ?

$899 USD at my local store.

On 7/13/2022 at 8:27 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

For the record, you have to bake these skates to try them on properly and retailers are permitted to bake them for customers without purchase. If you do not bake them they will feel just plain awful.

Is that from Store HQ? I went to my store to check these out thinking I could bake 'em, but my supe told me no purchase, no bake.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2022 at 10:27 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I experienced this. They honestly felt absolutely awful when I tried on a random pair. The you bake them and its like jesus gave you a pair of your own sandals or something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, netminder said:

Is that a fact?  So a wide foot depresses the mold more leaving little to NO inner padding now? How is that better then a regular goal skate fitting with uniform padding throughout. You need to room to make room, its a parallel spacing issue if you have a "one size" MUST fit all boot.

The shell molds too. This may blow your mind but I actually know what I’m talking about and have had a wide variety of people test fit our sample pair of konekts. 

On 7/17/2022 at 5:31 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I experienced this. They honestly felt absolutely awful when I tried on a random pair. The you bake them and its like jesus gave you a pair of your own sandals or something

And I'm pretty sure Jesus knew his sandals. 

But do these skates let you walk on water?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, netminder said:

Is that a fact?  So a wide foot depresses the mold more leaving little to NO inner padding now? How is that better then a regular goal skate fitting with uniform padding throughout. You need to room to make room, its a parallel spacing issue if you have a "one size" MUST fit all boot.

Watch this guy explain the boot. Also the shell is separate from the liner so you can get your larger feet in the boot and the liner gives you your inner padding. 

Edited by Cass
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, netminder said:

The shell is thermomoldable too. Like @ThatCarGuy the retailers should be coached in all sorts tricks to widen the toe box of the outer shell.

Skates also come with a pack of pad things  to help stretch the boot

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, netminder said:

Has anyone attempted to change the holder on these before that you know of?

None that I'm aware of because these skates aren't even officially released yet. And why would you? This new shell is more protective than any cowling.

Edited by ThatCarGuy

5 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It's netminder. Who knows what he actually meant

Alright alright.  He asked a valid question.  Let's not get out of line and assume he meant something different.  Its fine when you guys are all chirping each other in the moment but there is no need for comments like this.

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

None that I'm aware of because these skates aren't even officially released yet. And why would you? This new shell is more protective than any cowling.

And the holder itself is much more popular at all levels than the True or CCM

• Like 1