The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

10 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Jake Allen's skates. They caught my attention during a game. They look like True skates with a hacked out cowling. Bauer? CCM?.

Here is a pic...

1357131764.jpeg

True one piece with painted bottoms. the black "cut" looking part is the true toe cap, it wraps around the carbon "blade holder" area of the 1 piece and is riveted on there.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, netminder said:

They accept it being ok that its not uniform across the entire pad. To me thats unacceptable and we wont be going CCM again. Markstoms set look like Intermediate pads compared to all other Pros.

image.png.e87e85c7e2474482faec4c9841877bd1.png

I don't know where to begin with this.

I'm not sure who the "we" is but if 1/2" of pad width is the reason saves are being made, "we" are incredibly technically sound and are facing world-class shooters. Thank you for taking the time away from the rigorous training routine to post here.

Markstrom's set looks just fine. If he's good with whatever subtleties there may be in measurements, I'm not sure why you aren't. I don't recall a post game interview with him where he has pointed to his equipment as to why a puck got past him.

26 minutes ago, netminder said:

So its ok to be less then perfect for $2400 pads? Not everyone is as rich as you.

I dont know why you took my post so personal too, did you need to assume im in a training routine or something? Stay on topic. I backed up facts with pics and emails. And Markstroms gear looks Intermediate, and Intermediate sizing is 10.5" across at the boot break. 

Honestly, you actually supplying proof is a great milestone for your growth. I'm proud of you. 

Though I have to ask, how do you feel about boot tapers? 

2 hours ago, netminder said:

So its ok to be less then perfect for $2400 pads? Not everyone is as rich as you.

I dont know why you took my post so personal too, did you need to assume im in a training routine or something? Stay on topic. I backed up facts with pics and emails. And Markstroms gear looks Intermediate, and Intermediate sizing is 10.5" across at the boot break. 

Hey bud... I am on topic... stopping pucks. Pretty sure that nearly every topic on this site less the car your driving or what furball you have at home is related to the subject of stopping pucks on this forum.

Nothing about my response indicated I took anything personally. I didn't at all in fact. I simply pointed out that if the gear works for him, in spite of how it looks to your eagle eye, it's non-discussion. 

I think what's in question is your idea of perfect and it maximizing every dimension allowable, and that's just simply not true. Perfect, like love, takes many forms. In this case, Marky wearing some EF6s that look suspect to you.

As for being rich, I'm far from it. I will say however that $2400 in pads won't make you better but wearing 5-year-old equipment while getting $2400 in coaching on proper movement at least has a chance of doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1