The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Wonder and Seagoal sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love
Then comes marriage
Next comes a netminder in a baby carriage. 

Marrying another goalie?  Hmm, there's an interesting idea.  I'm too damn competitive, not sure that would work, haha.

Interestingly enough, Stalock has been using a V10 branded blocker since then (from when he used the new mask, before getting run into). Similarly, I noticed Quick is using a V10 branded blocker, but Petersen is still using a V5 branded blocker and V6 branded glove. Admittedly, I've noticed very little difference in any Velocity blocker from iteration-to-iteration, but I consider that a good thing since it's a great feeling blocker.

I cannot tell exactly what Stalock's leg pads are, but I'd guess they're V6 or newer.

6362b4ad947f6.image.jpg?resize=990,660

Injured Kings, Ducks taking steps in the right direction – Orange County  Register

Maple-Leafs-Kings-Hockey-10-1.jpg?w=863

3 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

But Markstrom normally uses a 580 no?

He does. 

I'm thinking that there will be more build similarities to the 591. Whether that means no finger stalls or not is up in the air, but at the very least it'll be a divergence from the legacy builds that CCM uses when they make their 580, 590, 600 gloves which was based off the old Lefebvre line. 

You can already see the difference in how the palm in constructed, as well as the back hand. 

• Like 1