The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

On 1/2/2023 at 4:18 AM, keeperton said:

I use nylon-only strapping on my pads.

Not to discredit, but I know some guys use the leather only because they like how it sounds or looks (Daccord being an example of the latter).

I like having one "hard" strap duplicating my strap running from knee to calf.   I wear it loose enough I never feel it, but after seeing the video of the goalie who got his pad pulled off by a skater who got caught up in the thigh rise, I wanted to make sure mine stay put.  It also makes for a convenient way to carry my pads, as everything else is nylon/elastic.

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, keeperton said:

Additional edit to add that Jack Campbell severed his Vaughn contract by appearing in Brian's gear in yesterday's game. Full GNetikVs, stock flex on the pads, added leather straps (redundant with the calf), and leather boot instead of nylon.

image.thumb.png.4450ff05b3905409698a7f92a2add3e0.png

What team is that? I like the jersey.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I like having one "hard" strap duplicating my strap running from knee to calf.   I wear it loose enough I never feel it, but after seeing the video of the goalie who got his pad pulled off by a skater who got caught up in the thigh rise, I wanted to make sure mine stay put.  It also makes for a convenient way to carry my pads, as everything else is nylon/elastic.

Yeah, that's the main strap I see merit in.

• 1 month later...

Locker room shots are always interesting because we get to see what’s under the hood so to speak in regards to chest and knee pads.

CCM Pro chest is still probably the most commonly used piece in the league, Ullmark with an updated version. Kennesky still making it into the rotation.

I have to say I’m a little surprised with how many retail/stock knee pads are in the mix. CCM KP Pro and the Bauer Pro and Elite being used quite a bit seeing various locker rooms this season. Only the retired Lou seemed to be using the old Suisse style guards at the Allstar game. 

16D44819-5D9B-4AEE-94DF-E7087DFAA303.jpeg

C627AA17-8BDC-4000-923F-D478B98F3CAB.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MTH said:

Luongo played in the ASG? Nice. Did he have his pad side flaps to help him cheat? lol. Remember that?

I puzzled by the upside down hangers used to hang the jerseys. Forget the knee pads.

I remember a TSN bit where Turco and Smith had giant cardboard cutouts taped to their pads to mimic Lou. 

8ECED9A2-D1B3-4A4F-8847-364D3A07CA7F.jpeg

3 hours ago, RedX said:

20AB630A-59B7-4096-8A98-65CE2A82179D.jpeg

Ullmark with the added forearm beef up mod. 

And no surprise that Shesterkin is in all Brians. Dude breathes the brand. 

37 minutes ago, MTH said:

Luongo played in the ASG? Nice. Did he have his pad side flaps to help him cheat? lol. Remember that?

I puzzled by the upside down hangers used to hang the jerseys. Forget the knee pads.

Oh I remember. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/luongo-pads-flap/

League is run by buffoons. 

12 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Oh I remember. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/luongo-pads-flap/

League is run by buffoons. 

Hold up..........This was a controversy?     Somehow I missed this.   NHL shooters should have been lining up to mock the league for this.   Mites can shoot hard enough to make that piece of foam irrelevant.

Edited by Puckstopper

3 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Hold up..........This was a controversy?     Somehow I missed this.   NHL shooters should have been lining up to mock the league for this.   Mites can shoot hard enough to make that piece of foam irrelevant.

Was ridiculous then as it's ridiculous now. 

2 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

On the new unit even. That’s concerning 

Obviously Ullmark is just a pussy. 

40 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Would love to see a post or video comparing the thickness of an nhl ccm or bauer chest to retail models. Sadly I sold my AB18 otherwise I’d do it

Retail models are added by additional padding on the user's body.

Basically, we're fat. NHL goalies look like they are dying of AIDS.

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2023 at 11:52 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Would love to see a post or video comparing the thickness of an nhl ccm or bauer chest to retail models. Sadly I sold my AB18 otherwise I’d do it

higher grade foam and better material. its going to be thinner or the same. rest is aftermarket modification and eqm hacks and modifications

15 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

This is a good opportunity to remind you guys I’m 5’11” 140lbs 😂

Don't leave your house on a windy day.

I mean, Ryan Miller could hide behind his goalie stick when in street clothes.

Ryan Miller (b.1980) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Holy homeless guy, Batman!

On the ice he looked like the Brewers mascot:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AfLueqaS4e4/VeSKL1McJWI/AAAAAAAAVL4/IMIcJVnk_Kc/s1600/mb-15-back-to-school_close.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MTH said:

Don't leave your house on a windy day.

I mean, Ryan Miller could hide behind his goalie stick when in street clothes.

Holy homeless guy, Batman!

On the ice he looked like the Brewers mascot:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AfLueqaS4e4/VeSKL1McJWI/AAAAAAAAVL4/IMIcJVnk_Kc/s1600/mb-15-back-to-school_close.png

Dude had so much swag in Buffalo, this could be a hair product commercial

image.png.0347fda60cdfef7beb32c33a82a5ff0d.png

And don't forget how he'd always prop his mask half-cocked

image.png.9ff2b3181b9c37682bf8b9f036b1ac03.png

Random Googling and found this article, which suggests the Lucic hit kinda broke the team and possibly Miller

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2021/11/12/22777445/milan-lucic-ryan-miller-hit-ten-year-anniversary-bruins-sabres-rivalry-buffalo-is-still-bad

• Like 1