The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

1 hour ago, netminder said:

Looks just like skate laced then pinched by a collar and more skate lace. I'd bet no velcro eithe.  Traditional bow tie over top of the skate. Built in gap at the toe, this will be popular.

They clearly are flat after the stitch and rounded before the stitch to the toes, which is also rounded which means it probably does have elastic in them at the toe.

1 hour ago, Urabus33 said:

That exactly how the stock TRUE prolaces come no? and the regular hybrid prolaces are all bungee before and after the bridge

I'm looking at some px3 on the wall and they're different. 

Trues are skate lace up to the connector and bungie from there. 

So they're the inverse of this new product 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

It may not be goalie gear but I feel like we should be concerned if it means we’re next

13330112-C6EA-43AD-B130-3EEB202A5B0A.thumb.jpeg.4cade8837793ff2f28e270615805d069.jpeg
This new holder looks like it won’t be compatible with hand sharpeners and on top of that the gaps between posts are way too big. Hopefully it gets refined before they make a goalie variation

• Like 1

Those thin sections look like they will not sustain impacts too well. I'm sure they tested them and they are deemed 'stronger than previous models'. But previous models broke too. As a parent, I'd be cautious to buy my kid those as the Hyperlite skates are over a grand and the warranty policy for Bauer is a lot of work to make use of.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 9:16 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

It may not be goalie gear but I feel like we should be concerned if it means we’re next

13330112-C6EA-43AD-B130-3EEB202A5B0A.thumb.jpeg.4cade8837793ff2f28e270615805d069.jpeg
This new holder looks like it won’t be compatible with hand sharpeners and on top of that the gaps between posts are way too big. Hopefully it gets refined before they make a goalie variation

At least most of the neon green is gone this go-round. I obviously can't say for sure from just this picture but I think the holder will still fit on the jigs my store has. (All my company's stores use blackstone) It might have to be wiggled a bit but it may work. If not, all steel will have to be removed like the goalie skates. Annoying? Absolutely, however there is actually less room for error when you do the steel by itself because the weight of the skate can't pull the bottom edge into the wheel more.

On 3/15/2023 at 10:16 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

This new holder looks like it won’t be compatible with hand sharpeners 

7 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I obviously can't say for sure from just this picture but I think the holder will still fit on the jigs my store has. (All my company's stores use blackstone) It might have to be wiggled a bit but it may work. If not, all steel will have to be removed like the goalie skates. Annoying? Absolutely, however there is actually less room for error when you do the steel by itself because the weight of the skate can't pull the bottom edge into the wheel more.

According to SSU on Facebook, someone said these would fit in a holder, they were able to try on a demo (this?) pair.  Not sure which holder they used though.

8 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

At least most of the neon green is gone this go-round. I obviously can't say for sure from just this picture but I think the holder will still fit on the jigs my store has. (All my company's stores use blackstone) It might have to be wiggled a bit but it may work. If not, all steel will have to be removed like the goalie skates. Annoying? Absolutely, however there is actually less room for error when you do the steel by itself because the weight of the skate can't pull the bottom edge into the wheel more.

Bauer is building our new skate shop in May :) 

They also said we can't have our blademaster and need to use prosharp machines only which I'm not completely against. I've been on 5/8 medium Z cut for a couple months now and I can only get that on the prosharp.

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

They also said we can't have our blademaster and need to use prosharp machines only which I'm not completely against. I've been on 5/8 medium Z cut for a couple months now and I can only get that on the prosharp.

We have the prosharps as well for profiling. I hate it

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Wonder if this is going to our store, then - eventually.

Our Prosharp is in the employee break room😆

On 3/17/2023 at 10:17 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

My local rink has a Bauer shop. Stupid part is that they had to make a second store in the rink to sell the youth hockey team gear as they were not part of the Bauer store concept. 

1 hour ago, MTH said:

My local rink has a Bauer shop. Stupid part is that they had to make a second store in the rink to sell the youth hockey team gear as they were not part of the Bauer store concept. 

Thankfully we won’t be a full bauer store. Bauer only has say over how our skate shop will be designed, everything else is up to us. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 3:07 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm looking at some px3 on the wall and they're different. 

Trues are skate lace up to the connector and bungie from there. 

So they're the inverse of this new product 

Thanks for correcting me, i only saw it on mobile until now.

Interestingly I have seen a few guys use the Velcro connectors but with skate lace instead of a bungee lace. I always hated laces because they came untied so this seems like the perfect thing to eliminate that but get the feel of a lace attachment.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Anybody know what chest protector Pheonix Copley is wearing. In some pictures you can see at one point he was wearing a Kenesky. The branding is visible through the white jersey. Tonight I saw a pattern through the jersey, but couldn't tell if it's still the Kenesky.

image.thumb.jpeg.fb230a22d32ca9f3a8267bda5133295a.jpegYup still kenesky

• Like 1