The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

On 4/15/2023 at 5:28 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Looks enormous on him lol

Look how far the arms come down the wrist

It's also hanging really low which was with the AB Pro due to the back strapping of the shoulders. But isn't this new Pro series with the same system that is on Eflex/Premier/Axis which shouldn't be hanging down like that?

2 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

It's also hanging really low which was with the AB Pro due to the back strapping of the shoulders. But isn't this new Pro series with the same system that is on Eflex/Premier/Axis which shouldn't be hanging down like that?

Nope this is a ccm/kenesky frankenchest. As far as I know Ullmark was the only one to have the new unit

On 4/16/2023 at 4:01 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Nope this is a ccm/kenesky frankenchest. As far as I know Ullmark was the only one to have the new unit

What part is Kenesky? Arms have CCM logos and so does the heart guard. And it definitely looks the same as other CCM Pro chestys I've seen.

As long as we are talking about the picture that RedX posted earlier. You are mixing things with Copley picture?

Edited by ArdeFIN

1 hour ago, ArdeFIN said:

What part is Kenesky? Arms have CCM logos and so does the heart guard. And it definitely looks the same as other CCM Pro chestys I've seen.

As long as we are talking about the picture that RedX posted earlier. You are mixing things with Copley picture?

Yup I quoted the wrong post. My mistake

• Like 1

True posted this the other day and it got me thinking, how many goalies are using True’s one piece skate?

(Brace yourself I needed an excuse to keep my math sharp since I’ve been out of school for a year and won’t start college for another 2 years)

974FB9B6-0B8A-4A5F-BC8B-38CA1990CD4E.thumb.jpeg.a998eda3d399a7c08a43ac34b74080f3.jpeg

While just counting playoff goalies would be super easy I wanted to figure out figure out the whole league. Using geargeek.com I was able to find out that of 91 goalies, 63 are in True’s skates.

True also added that about 65% of their goalies are in one piece skates which seemed surprising. 

Basically roughly 41 goalies or about 45% of NHL goalies are in one piece skates🤯

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

True posted this the other day and it got me thinking, how many goalies are using True’s one piece skate?

(Brace yourself I needed an excuse to keep my math sharp since I’ve been out of school for a year and won’t start college for another 2 years)

974FB9B6-0B8A-4A5F-BC8B-38CA1990CD4E.thumb.jpeg.a998eda3d399a7c08a43ac34b74080f3.jpeg

While just counting playoff goalies would be super easy I wanted to figure out figure out the whole league. Using geargeek.com I was able to find out that of 91 goalies, 63 are in True’s skates.

True also added that about 65% of their goalies are in one piece skates which seemed surprising. 

Basically roughly 41 goalies or about 45% of NHL goalies are in one piece skates🤯

You seen a massive switch back in the last 2 years. Guys who previously had one piece went to the 2 and then Saros, Anderson, Binnington all switched back. Having used the one-piece for a while I much prefer being lower to the ice as opposed to the high holder. Easier on my joints for sure being lower to the ice, but as pads sit higher on the skate I find there’s less interference so you don’t need the higher holder now. 

1 hour ago, RedX said:

You seen a massive switch back in the last 2 years. Guys who previously had one piece went to the 2 and then Saros, Anderson, Binnington all switched back. Having used the one-piece for a while I much prefer being lower to the ice as opposed to the high holder. Easier on my joints for sure being lower to the ice, but as pads sit higher on the skate I find there’s less interference so you don’t need the higher holder now. 

All very good points. On top of those True has managed to increase the attack angle of their one piece skates to be pretty similar to their old two piece models. All it needs now is the ability to get 3mm steel for one piece (assuming the steel isn’t an actual structural component of the skate)

16 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

All very good points. On top of those True has managed to increase the attack angle of their one piece skates to be pretty similar to their old two piece models. All it needs now is the ability to get 3mm steel for one piece (assuming the steel isn’t an actual structural component of the skate)

No idea why they wouldn't be able to do a 3 mm steel on the one-piece. Hell, I wonder if any of the pros already have that?