The official 2022-2023 "Gear sitings" thread

ThatCarGuy

5 hours ago, keeperton said:

No idea why they wouldn't be able to do a 3 mm steel on the one-piece. Hell, I wonder if any of the pros already have that?

I don’t think they have 3mm steel compatible with the one piece design so it would probably have to be something entirely new or try and make use of the vertexx 2.0 steel

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 3:04 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I don’t think they have 3mm steel compatible with the one piece design so it would probably have to be something entirely new or try and make use of the vertexx 2.0 steel

Turns out I’m a dumbass and the one piece skates already use vertexx 2.0 steel just backwards 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2023 at 4:29 PM, MTH said:

Funny that the Koho chest protector (570?) design is still rocking with CCM the NHL.

Koho AB570 Pro Goalie Body Armor Chest Protector Senior Large MADE IN  CANADA | SidelineSwap

4E725F3B-F336-4295-BD02-B11E7C927E0F.thumb.jpeg.2780cbd3904f1ad3fbdfafe33fa5b007.jpeg

If it ain't broke...

I´m in similar type of chest protector for the first time (long time in Bauer Supremes, since One95 days) and this design is very traditional but nothing that realy needs to be changed or fixed. Great as it comes.

Edited by mik
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

That honestly just looks like an older Bauer glove thats been modernized. It closes closer to a 600 than a 580 to me.

The only 580 part about that glove is the tee construction. Everything else is something different entirely. Plus there seems to be two variations of that glove as well, a long version and a wide version. More than likely the tee was used to simply improve out of the box closure

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 9:13 AM, RedX said:

You seen a massive switch back in the last 2 years. Guys who previously had one piece went to the 2 and then Saros, Anderson, Binnington all switched back. Having used the one-piece for a while I much prefer being lower to the ice as opposed to the high holder. Easier on my joints for sure being lower to the ice, but as pads sit higher on the skate I find there’s less interference so you don’t need the higher holder now. 

This rings big with me. I wish since leg pads do sit higher now with the flat boot cradle, that they would shave down on the holders at least an inch. I so much want to give the TF9 a try but they might actually be taller than my Vapor 170 which those alone took me a full season just to get used to the height.

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

This rings big with me. I wish since leg pads do sit higher now with the flat boot cradle, that they would shave down on the holders at least an inch. I so much want to give the TF9 a try but they might actually be taller than my Vapor 170 which those alone took me a full season just to get used to the height.

Years ago I made the mistake of using the extreme Step Steel. I concede that you could grab ice good while in your butterfly, but they caused so much strain on my knee and hip on recoveries back to my feet. The blade was higher so your foot is higher, your knee is higher. I was unintentionally causing so much strain. I remember Price talking about sticking with his Graf’s for the reason that they’re lower to the ice. He eventually switched to a one-piece True before his hiatus. 

I used the 1X Vapor’s and I am now in my second pair of one-piece True’s and they just work so well. And not that I base too much of what I wear off what NHL guys do I believe some of the most elite skaters in the league are in them with Shesterkin, Saros, and Freddy Andersen. 

32 minutes ago, RedX said:

Years ago I made the mistake of using the extreme Step Steel. I concede that you could grab ice good while in your butterfly, but they caused so much strain on my knee and hip on recoveries back to my feet. The blade was higher so your foot is higher, your knee is higher. I was unintentionally causing so much strain. I remember Price talking about sticking with his Graf’s for the reason that they’re lower to the ice. He eventually switched to a one-piece True before his hiatus. 

I used the 1X Vapor’s and I am now in my second pair of one-piece True’s and they just work so well. And not that I base too much of what I wear off what NHL guys do I believe some of the most elite skaters in the league are in them with Shesterkin, Saros, and Freddy Andersen. 

Every goalie in the NHL is an elite skater

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

BigSaveDave is special he doesn’t count since he’s a mens league goalie in the show

Might need to make these pics their own thread

image.thumb.jpeg.d573d81228954c025f93b9ab22e65ebd.jpeg

Anyone have the picture of brossoit facing backwards in butterfly? Or better yet markstrom sitting behind the net

• Haha 1