Tendy Buckles

insertnamehere

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bringing this back...

Any further feedback on these? And in regards to @insertnamehere and his eyelets issues, I'm willing to bet that because there's no true give or flex at the ankle point in traditional skates, unlike what the Konekt does (flex axle joint), the overload of stress is looking for a way out (forward) and hence the eyelets being stretched out. 

If there was a cut at the ankle removing an eyelet and giving full flex of the boot enabling forward movement of the tibia, that might be more logical in an engineering way. (example below - graphic not mine)

skates65.jpg

skates83.jpg

Scroll down to Part 2 of his presentation for in-depth coverage of proper ankle mobility requirements and IMO, why Lange and now Konekt understood/understand how it works.

https://www.overdriveblade.com/skates01.html 

Edited by RichMan
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 3:56 PM, ChippedWall said:

I think it's a matter of time till True and CCM try their hand at these lace-less skates, then I wonder what these guys will do. Those buckles are so much money, jeez.

I'd agree with that. Just yesterday I picked up a pair of Konekt HF2s and while I really liked the tendy buckles in the time I used them the Konekts are better, as they should be being purposefully designed this way. 

With laces, all the eyelets evenly distribute the forces and hold up mostly the life of the skate.  With these buckles being a retrofit onto laced skates, that single eyelet is seeing all the forces of multiple holes which is where they start breaking down.   I love the idea but maybe a redesign could have them attach to two or 3 eyelets on each side.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Almost Hip said:

With laces, all the eyelets evenly distribute the forces and hold up mostly the life of the skate.  With these buckles being a retrofit onto laced skates, that single eyelet is seeing all the forces of multiple holes which is where they start breaking down.   I love the idea but maybe a redesign could have them attach to two or 3 eyelets on each side.

your words totally make sense. I say this as the owner of two pairs of skates with buckles. and on one of them I have only one buckle per skate. and this puts a huge load on the leg. and also to the place where the buckle is attached to the skate