Pro Palms in Warrior Gloves

ilyazhito

Do Warrior gloves have the options for pro palms? I'm asking, because most other manufacturers have that option, but Warrior gloves have removable liners. The liners affect the break, so it wouldn't be surprising if they affect the palm too. If I were to get a Warrior glove with a pro palm, would I have to get the glove itself modded, or would I buy a special reinforced liner to go along with the glove?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, chile57 said:

If I'm recalling correctly - in order to make a Warrior glove a "pro" palm - there is an insert to add to the liner. Think sheet of foam that goes into a flap in the liner.

That's the "practice" palm liner add-on. 

Never used it, but I've also only hand a small amount of stingers on my GT2 Pro glove. It's been more protective than my Bauer 5000, LT90, RGT1 Sr, and 2S Pro. 

I skate with pros fairly often and have never felt the need to put the extra pad in.  Putting on my G6 glove that came in today honestly feels even more safe than previous models and I can snap it fast right out of the box. 

Pro palm is a custom option and nothing to do with that extra insert. I am not a sure if that insert is even option anymore and it is/was only in G-line, not GT?

As other say I doubt that you need a pro palm when you will buy a Warrior glove.

5 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

Pro palm is a custom option and nothing to do with that extra insert. I am not a sure if that insert is even option anymore and it is/was only in G-line, not GT?

As other say I doubt that you need a pro palm when you will buy a Warrior glove.

Thanks for the feedback. I have taken quite a few stingers in my Bauer Reactor 3 glove, so I'm looking for a more protective full right trapper. I've already ordered a pro stock version of my existing chesty (Vaughn retail chestys have rather weak arms). 

2 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

What are you saying? Does that mean newer gloves are more protective than older gloves?

Hell I thought I couldn't find a picture of a Reactor 3 glove but there was!

Thing is that your Reactor 3 has been a glove for a long time and the padding aswell as other materials have been set and compressed and all. So yes, any new glove will outperform your Reactor 3... But that said, many of the SR level gloves can still be a disappointment. If you aim for the Pro level glove it'll propably be good.

That changes the game a bit, but it still has been a glove for a long time unless it was custom built for Bunnyman not that long ago. But it is certain that the protection has gone up anyways.

Is the Reactor 3 SR or Pro level glove? Hard to google info as "reactor" give a lot of info for newer series and limiting to reactor 3 or 5 or 6 only gives a few hits. Hate the time before internet for everything and online catalogs. 🧐

On 7/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, WONGER said:

I skate with pros fairly often and have never felt the need to put the extra pad in.  Putting on my G6 glove that came in today honestly feels even more safe than previous models and I can snap it fast right out of the box. 

Does your glove have a game ready palm, or a pro palm?

On 7/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, ilyazhito said:

How would the D3O pad affect closure and catching? 

None to closure if it is cut properly at the break lines. 

About catching is bit more difficult to say, but more protective should be the result and you should still feel the puck so that you know where it hit. If not into the pocket...

Edited by ArdeFIN

• 2 months later...