WTB: Pro Palm Full Right Gloves

I'm looking for a full right glove with a pro palm, either on its own or with a similar blocker. I currently use a Bauer Reactor 3, but I have taken more than my fair share of stingers to the palm with it. I prefer to play with my fingers up and catch either thumb to fingers or fingers to palm. 

• Like 1

Passau will make you one with such a palm if you're willing to spend the cash and time. Sounds like you're moving ahead with the switch; good luck!

Dinosaur alert: Get enough stingers and you'll adapt to catch the biscuit in the web.

Heresy alert: I think such palms add to the endless pop outs - whoever said playing our position is supposed be free of discomfort?

21 hours ago, Fullright said:

Passau will make you one with such a palm if you're willing to spend the cash and time. Sounds like you're moving ahead with the switch; good luck!

Dinosaur alert: Get enough stingers and you'll adapt to catch the biscuit in the web.

Heresy alert: I think such palms add to the endless pop outs - whoever said playing our position is supposed be free of discomfort?

Maybe it's the difference between the shapes of older and newer gloves. Older gloves (such as the Reactor 3) tend to have more of an oval-shaped catching surface while newer gloves (Ultrasonic, Axis) tend to look more circular. Even the Reebok Premier X24 I had was the newer, rounder design. I had a hard time closing that glove, but if pucks or balls got in, they weren't coming out. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:17 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

https://sidelineswap.com/shop/hockey/goalie/goalie-gloves-blockers/l117?age-group[]=23077&choose-glove-blocker[]=29575&hand[]=23106

Current Blocker+Catcher FullRight sets on sideline swap. Of course you can just search for individual items and increase the total available units to 277 or so. 

There is brand new pair of Simmons gloves $450 and Petersen's new pro returns $700. And I bet you will find some Warrior GT2, G4 or G5 pro gloves on sale. I don't know which level you play but I've played with NHL players /other professionals and GT2 pro offers enough protection.  Warrior catchers are almost game ready but pro palm would be very stiff.

3 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

There is brand new pair of Simmons gloves $450 and Petersen's new pro returns $700. And I bet you will find some Warrior GT2, G4 or G5 pro gloves on sale. I don't know which level you play but I've played with NHL players /other professionals and GT2 pro offers enough protection.  Warrior catchers are almost game ready but pro palm would be very stiff.

I'm playing beer league at the D and subbing at Lower C levels. At pickups, some of the high school and college players have wicked shots. I want to make sure I'm protected enough. 

On 7/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, ilyazhito said:

Maybe it's the difference between the shapes of older and newer gloves. Older gloves (such as the Reactor 3) tend to have more of an oval-shaped catching surface while newer gloves (Ultrasonic, Axis) tend to look more circular. Even the Reebok Premier X24 I had was the newer, rounder design. I had a hard time closing that glove, but if pucks or balls got in, they weren't coming out. 

You might be correct. My glove is a Passau 60 degree. I ended up chosing that because, as we discussed before, anything - Vaughn, CCM, Bauer etal - at Total Hockey/Goalie weighed a ton and needed a vise to close. The Passau broke in after about 2 outings. I've seen elsewhere on the board here where some have loosened or modified the T where it inserts in the glove itself and got a good result. 

You got your hands full transitioning from conventional to full right together with finding a glove you like. Good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wvuviv30 said:

Back in the Late 90's, the Reactor 3 was a SR level glove... sooo anything newer is going to have better palm protection.

Also, FYI most Pro's are using a Game Ready palm.

Interesting. So they get extra protection from the glove they wear inside the trapper? I know Lundqvist used to wear a golf glove inside his. 

4 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

Interesting. So they get extra protection from the glove they wear inside the trapper? I know Lundqvist used to wear a golf glove inside his. 

Usually those are just worn for grip or feel. Rask wore one with slight amounts of extra padding but thats just one guy.

12 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

No, what wvuviv30 is saying is that the R3 is an old glove with old materials.  Newer gloves are made with superior materials compared to back then.  A stock pro/senior glove will be more protective than that R3 glove.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • SaveByRichter35 changed the title to WTB: Pro Palm Full Right Gloves
  • 7 months later...