NHL 2022 Draft/UFA/Offseason Thread

Chenner29

More rumors

Holtby may be calling it a career, suffered a LBI from last year.  Hope not, always enjoyed watching him play

Patrick Kane is expected to request a trade

Colorado Playoff Legend (tm) Darcy "Better than Vasilevskiy" Kuemper expected to sign in Washington

Cam Talbot reportedly pissed at MIN for signing Fleury

Evgeni Malkin going to market

This offseason has been pretty juicy lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Murray to Toronto 

Also here there is chance Samsonov might end up in Toronto too. So Campbell walks to ether Edmonton or Washington.

Screenshot_20220711-204145_Chrome.jpg

Dubas is an idiot, literally running my team to the GROUND. They can't afford another goalie at 3 million plus.  Guy needs to go. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Dubas is an idiot, literally running my team to the GROUND. They can't afford another goalie at 3 million plus.  Guy needs to go. 

Nah he’s solving his team’s first round issues, Murray is guaranteeing that 

Don’t need to worry about getting out of the first round if you don’t make the playoffs 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Couldn't agree anymore. He need to stop this, heah we were together in the OHL let's do it again. He is doing nothing to improve the team at all. He has way too much money tied up in the front and defense and goaltending seem to be an after thought for him. He looks for everyone's leftovers to fill in his defense and goaltending needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

Couldn't agree anymore. He need to stop this, heah we were together in the OHL let's do it again. He is doing nothing to improve the team at all. He has way too much money tied up in the front and defense and goaltending seem to be an after thought for him. He looks for everyone's leftovers to fill in his defense and goaltending needs.

Man, don't even get me STARTED. 

Remember when he started looking for leftovers in Europe because all our money is tied up on forwards, thought he would find the next Gretzky? Funny!!! Trading our picks for his fuck up signing, Mrazek at almost 4 million 🤣🤣 not to mention the 7 year deal to JT that's looking like trash. Would have been fine with Kadri but management wanted him out. Muzzin shouldn't play another game in the NHL he'll hit Murray if not watching. Team is a mess. Second like was none existing since last December 5 on 5.  Oy. Nothing will change, guy needs the F out season end. 

Never give a kid car keys if he's too young. 

Edited by mr_shifty1982

Do I think Murray will work in TO? I'd say it's a 50/50 chance at best?

But I don't get why everyone is "so mad" about it? TO's goalie budget is like $500k, haha. If they cannot afford Campbell and they don't have a stud that is in RFA mode, they are going to have to get lucky AF in goal. They were lucky Campbell took a step forward in TO and could be a starter. He was a borderline NHL backup before he got to TO.

With the salary obtained by OTT, Murray's cap hit is 4.5m next season? What other goalie are they getting for that price. It's not Kuemper.

Murray's stats in OTT were solid pre-inury, Elkin has worked with Murray for a decade or longer, the coaching staff and GM have faith in him. Murray won 2x cups in Pittsburgh. No one else has the pedigree for $4.5m. Maybe with the right support structure around him this works?

I am not saying it's a great move, but TO is in cap hell. When you are in cap hell, it's hard to make a great move. Why TO made this move makes complete sense.

Also, stats people don't really value goalies. Murray, Binnington, Keumper, etc back up that you can win a cup with a deep team and not a Vezina caliber goalie. That is TO's play here.

30 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

But I don't get why everyone is "so mad" about it? TO's goalie budget is like $500k, haha. If they cannot afford Campbell and they don't have a stud that is in RFA mode, they are going to have to get lucky AF in goal. They were lucky Campbell took a step forward in TO and could be a starter. He was a borderline NHL backup before he got to TO.

With the salary obtained by OTT, Murray's cap hit is 4.5m next season? What other goalie are they getting for that price. It's not Kuemper.

Murray's stats in OTT were solid pre-inury, Elkin has worked with Murray for a decade or longer, the coaching staff and GM have faith in him. Murray won 2x cups in Pittsburgh. No one else has the pedigree for $4.5m. Maybe with the right support structure around him this works?

I am not saying it's a great move, but TO is in cap hell. When you are in cap hell, it's hard to make a great move. Why TO made this move makes complete sense.

Also, stats people don't really value goalies. Murray, Binnington, Keumper, etc back up that you can win a cup with a deep team and not a Vezina caliber goalie. That is TO's play here.

That's a lot of words just to say: lol leafs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

The bigger issue here as a Leaf fan is how we got here. Tied up money in forwards, lack of depth in D now. They should also free up Holl and Muzzin contract....Muzzin shouldn't play another game in the NHL, he's a wreck. 

As you said, Soup came in and gave them good minutes, his first full nhl season and still struggled since December. I'm not giving him 3 or 5 year contracts at 4.5 or 5... whatever he's looking for. He's a great backup though that will give you solid 30 or 35 starts. 

Dubas should have looked at options, Husso, Fleury, maybe even Gibson....Murray has averaged less then 30 games the last 3 seasons, not the same guy from 6 years ago.  Dubas got desperate and took a shortcut, a huge gamble.  Just like he goes to Europe to look for cheap contracts. Maybe he can also land Samsanov? I'm not sure, but this, will be a disaster. They still need to add scoring depth. 

His signings are all questionable, we were going forward and now taking steps back.  

Leafs will never move forward and succeed till JT contract is gone and they have a #1 plus a few defenders and forwards. 

Edited by mr_shifty1982

4 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

The bigger issue here as a Leaf fan is how we got here. Tied up money in forwards, lack of depth in D now. They should also free up Holl and Muzzin contract....Muzzin shouldn't play another game in the NHL, he'sa wreck. 

As you said, Soup came in and have good minutes, his first full nhl season and still struggled since December. I'm not giving him 3 or 5 year contracts at 4.5 or 5... whatever he's looking for. He's a great backup though that will give you solid 30 or 35 starts. 

Dubas should have looked at options, Husso, Fleury, maybe even Gibson....Murray has averaged less then 30 games the last 3 seasons, not the same guy from 6 years ago.  Dubas got desperate and took a shortcut, a huge gamble.  Just like he goes to Europe to look for cheap contracts. Maybe he can also land Samsanov? I'm not sure, but this, will be a disaster. They still need to add scoring depth. 

His signings are all questionable, we were going forward and now taking steps back.  

Leafs will never move forward and succeed till JT contract is gone and they have a #1 plus a few defenders and forwards. 

Leafs should blow it up and rebuild again 

• Like 1

Look, at least Tor is trying to get good ones. The Blackhawks signed Petr Mrozek; nothing personal, he's been around and guess he's ok but with this team, "ok" is not going to work. The 'Hawks are basically a mens league team. If he doesnt have a conflict with school or a junior or national team commitment, bring up Commesso and see what he's got. Going to be another long winter here and it will only get worse: Toews and Kane dont have enough time left for a rebuild. They'll probably waive their no trade clauses. 

Edited by Fullright

2 hours ago, Fullright said:

Look, at least Tor is trying to get good ones. The Blackhawks signed Petr Mrozek; nothing personal, he's been around and guess he's ok but with this team, "ok" is not going to work. The 'Hawks are basically a mens league team. If he doesnt have a conflict with school or a junior or national team commitment, bring up Commesso and see what he's got. Going to be another long winter here and it will only get worse: Toews and Kane dont have enough time left for a rebuild. They'll probably waive their no trade clauses. 

Chicago doing all this to start the ultimate rebuild. They must. 

• Like 1