NHL 2022 Draft/UFA/Offseason Thread

Chenner29

17 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Stalock to Chicago...dont know the cap hit. Already an upgrade of what they had but not the answer. The 2 they had were decent but if they were 1s, would have known by now.

Hope he’s got back in the swing of things. Last match he played with the Sharks, you could tell it was a while since he played at the NHL level.

5 hours ago, The Teal Terror said:

Domingue to Rangers.

You mean Spicy Pork

5 hours ago, The Teal Terror said:

Colin Delia to Vancouver.

Good for him, CHI seemed to never want to trust him
Vancouver will have an all-Southern California tendy duo with Delia and Demko

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Martin Jones signed in Seattle

Oh, and Kuemper is a Cap.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Last stop before coming home lol. 

RE: Jones

What happened to this dude, his stats have taken a dump in recent years

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

You mean Spicy Pork

Good for him, CHI seemed to never want to trust him
Vancouver will have an all-Southern California tendy duo with Delia and Demko

RE: Jones

What happened to this dude, his stats have taken a dump in recent years

Yeh, he was good initially with San Jose, then the poor bastard gets traded to the Flyers. Hopefully he and Grubauer can get something going.

I hope Delia gets a chance and not just being a third wheel again. Either way, look forward to seeing his setup in Canucks colours! Dudes always had style.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johncho said:

So I heard that there was a deal on the table by his hometown Devils. Would you not want to play with Hischier/Hughes/Mercer? Makes little sense to me.

maybe he is playing the odds since the BJ have made the playoffs consecutively more recently than the devils...

My father-in-law in Montreal called me in a panic the other day with this beauty of a rumour:

Carey Price going to Boston.

Here is the back-story to that nonsense:

https://www.hockeypatrol.com/Carey-Price-wife-partners-with-the-Boston-Bruins-138233

I remember when growing up in Montreal, the French newspapers “only” had about 20 pages of Habs coverage in the summers. And even at that, it didn’t have anything like the crap you can find on social media nowadays.

Having just referenced newspapers, and then lamenting with a disdainful “nowadays”, I think the only way to end this is with a resounding “GET OFF MY LAWN!!!”

• Haha 2

On 7/14/2022 at 2:31 PM, Puckstopper said:

Good for him I guess...  I turned down a pretty significant pay bump to get the hell out of Columbus and think it's the best thing I ever did, but maybe he's a closet OSU fan.

I haven't been around the rink since he signed. I'll try to get the story. Didn't see that one coming. Some guesses - still lives around here. So do his parents and his brothers. Still here all off season and all. Ohio is way closer than Calgary. At the same time, it's far enough away that he can go there and focus on playing and not the hometown stuff. He's around here doing things when he wants; I'd picture living and working here being a lot.

Also, his childhood friend, Eric Robinson plays with CBJ. Maybe they'll sign Buddy too. Go for the Hollydell reunion.