Vaughn V10

GoalieInTheDesertYT

Whoa, been wondering when these would be out in the world.  Also, was wondering if they would go with V10 or VX.  The number logo looks good.  The graphic is a clever attempt to make the X (10) but it looks more like an hour glass, to me, and a bit strange how it is diagonal.

Overall, the set looks pretty good, very Vaughny in that there is nothing major that looks different, just little micro-changes here and there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AdamL said:

Gotta love that the first look at the V10 graphic is actually coming on a set of V4s.  Vaughn gonna Vaughn.

Haha, yeah.  The pads look like they are stuffed with cotton candy.

I doubt they planned this, though.  I think the pic of Quick got out and they were probably like "well, it's time."

They have these on their Instagram now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Haha, yeah.  The pads look like they are stuffed with cotton candy.

I doubt they planned this, though.  I think the pic of Quick got out and they were probably like "well, it's time."

They have these on their Instagram now.

Didn't you hear?

Vaughn is getting into the sustainability business

When the pads are done you can eat them

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RichMan said:

My opinion, the graphics look terrible. Aside from that, they look like nice squishy pillows :) 

I agree!   I really try hard not to hate on graphics, but that one is just...wow.   Maybe there's potential by dialing back the colors a bit, but I'd order 2 colors at most and probably very minimal use of color number 2 if I were getting Vaughn gear this year.

44 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm digging the graphics. They're loads better than the V3 and I though the V8 was lame. 

My knowledge on the changes of the velocity line aren't up to date, how much have these changed through the past few iterations? 

Please, allow me

The Evolution of Vaughn Velocity series timeline | Timetoast timelines

Vaughn VPG 7000 Velocity 2 Pro Leg Pads- Senior

New Vaughn V7 Xf youth goalie leg pads Black/Red 20"+2 ice hockey goal  Velocity | eBay

Used 24" Vaughn Velocity 7150 Goalie Leg Pads | SidelineSwap

Goalie pads VAUGHN GP VELOCITY V5 7800 senior | Exesport.eu | Betony |  Exesport.eu

VAUGHN 2300 Velocity 6 Leg Pads- Sr

Goalies Plus - (Best Price) Vaughn Velocity 7 XF Pro Senior Goalie Leg Pads

_BL33044.jpg

_BL30202.jpg

image.png.8d3a0cf40ef6f77dca3406102b895c8b.png

Checkmate :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The big changes happened at 6, 8, and 9.

6 was the first solid core without the shredded foams where they attempted to correct the shrinkage and warping problem. Debut of "Pro Carbon" was here too, if I recall correctly.

8 was the first modern strapping without leather straps and no thigh straps or thigh wraps/boards and 8s saw a huge reduction in weight.  VE8s were very light weight compared to any previous Velocity

9 was the stiffest Velocity by far where they incorporated more SLR construction and saw the inclusion of Quick Slide for the first time. My personal 9s are way heavier than my 8s but they are also specced (spec'd, speced, specked.....??) out to be stiffer than stock and more "modern".  Unfortunately, stiffer means heavier in Vaughn.

Other than that the changes were minimal, gradual, and minor.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, seagoal said:

The big changes happened at 6, 8, and 9.

6 was the first solid core without the shredded foams where they attempted to correct the shrinkage and warping problem

8 was the first modern strapping without leather straps and a huge reduction in weight.  VE8s were very light weight compared to any previous Velocity

9 was the stiffest Velocity by far where they incorporated more SLR construction and saw the inclusion of Quick Slide for the first time. My personal 9s are way heavier than my 8s but they are also specced (spec'd, speced, specked.....??) out to be stiffer than stock and more "modern".  Unfortunately, stiffer means heavier in Vaughn.

Other than that the changes were minimal, gradual, and minor.

I thought the V4's were the first change out of the shredded foam game? 

10 minutes ago, seagoal said:

We are no longer friends.

himym-barney-stinson.gif.7f9955d632b8177ecd115779347f6002.gif

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I thought the V4's were the first change out of the shredded foam game? 

himym-barney-stinson.gif.7f9955d632b8177ecd115779347f6002.gif

No, that was either 5 or 6 and I think it coincided with the Pro Carbon thing.  4s were made of cotton candy, hence this guy, right?

How Good is good enough? The case against Jonathan Quick – Colton Praill

4s were still shrinking and warping.

56 minutes ago, seagoal said:

No, that was either 5 or 6 and I think it coincided with the Pro Carbon thing.  4s were made of cotton candy, hence this guy, right?

How Good is good enough? The case against Jonathan Quick – Colton Praill

4s were still shrinking and warping.

For whatever reason I had it in my head that the V3-> V4 transition was when they went from all shredded foam to a more structured core. 

I thought the V6 was mostly just the addition of the carbon fiber sheet? 

Edited by coopaloop1234

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

For whatever reason I had it in my head that the V3-> V4 transition was when they went from all shredded foam to a more structured core. 

I thought the V6 was mostly just the addition of the carbon fiber sheet? 

Right on.

I'm pretty certain it was 5 or 6.

Here is the description of 4

• Full pro spec construction with new inner core give greater pad stability in both length and width
  • Inside top of thigh and inside boot scoop have more squared shape for maximum net coverage
  • Wide inner edge allows for a more control in aggressive pad slide moves
  • Low profile balance stabilizer allows for quicker movement and provides greater stability while in a butterfly position on the ice
  • Wide knee cradle enables the use of knee pads without distorting the knee cradle
  • Dual knee straps provide greater adjustment and increased pad control
  • Flex-Pac internal padding system allows for pad to break-in to the user and provides added rebound control
  • Firmer perimeter edge for more effective puck blocking
  • Wider leg cradles with low friction material for quick pad rotation
  • Boot scoop has slightly less angle to the bend which allows the pad to sit taller on the leg
  • Narrower outer pad panel reduces weight and improves lateral balance
  • Velocity 4 pad averages 15% lighter than previous models
  • Graphics present a taller visual appearance to make the goaltender look larger
  • Molded thigh boards with lace adjustment for added protection
  • Custom colors and options available upon request (Regular retail price applies)
  • CLICK HERE FOR A CUSTOMIZER

----------------------------------------------

New for 2012, the 7800 Velocity 5 Leg Pad replaces the 7600 Velocity 4 model from 2010.  In the 7800, Vaughn has improved upon a tried and true design that has been the benchmark of hybrid style pad design for over a decade.  Though these improvements may seem subtle at first, the user will immediately notice a dynamic improvement in performance when switching to the 7800's.

On the face of the pad, the "V5" features a newer graphic that provides a longer and taller visual image to make the pad appear as big as possible.  In addition to looking big, the boot scoop angle of the pad has been improved to allow the pad to sit taller on the leg which increases both five hole coverage and pad clearance from the bottom of the boot to the ice (for improved mobility).  The top outside roll of the pad has a more squared shape to decrease instances of puck skip over, and the outside top edge of the pad has a more tapered shape from the knee up to both reduce weight and decrease interference with the pants when going into the butterfly. 

On the inside edge, harder HD foams have been added for a more solid landing area and better five hole coverage.  The landing gear at the knee and the knee risers have been combined into one solid block and incorporated to the inside edge for better pad response and a more ergonomic knee position in the butterfly.

The knee cradle and leg channel feature Vaughn's proprietary MSH3 material for both comfort and quicker pad rotation.  The knee lock is wide in the 7800, and the integrated knee/thigh protector has been moved higher up the thigh rise to provide better knee protection and more room in the knee area.  The outside knee cradle pad takes its cues from the 7900/7990 pad by featuring a hinged design and a lowered, dual elastic strap position that runs under the bend in your knee rather than directly behind it.  Larger protective padding on the outside edge of the calf lock has been added for a better seal against the post.

Finally, internal foam pad structure has been refined to create a soft feeling, yet firm pad that keeps pad shape and height intact longer to increase durability without increasing weight.

• Full Pro Spec construction and fully domestically manufactured to exact pro specifications for superior performance and durability
  • Dual knee straps with four point user selectable buckle locations for custom fit
  • Flex-Pac internal foam stuff system allows the pad to flex and break-in to each goaltender's own leg shape for maximum performance and feel
  • New V5 graphics provide a longer and taller visual image
  • Molded knee/thigh guard with improved attach location for more complete coverage
  • Tapered outer panel at knee area for improved pad positioning
  • Firm inside edge for improved five-hole seal to the ice
  • Fully balanced to enhance performance
  • New wider knee cradle with knee lifter incorporated to the inside edge for more ergonomic knee positioning to reduce stress on the knee and hip
  • Wider leg cradle with increased protection on the outer leg padding
  • Improved scoop angle allows pad to sit taller on leg and provide more ice clearance
  • Firm perimeter edge on inside and outside of the pad for a stronger blocking surface
  • Wide inner edge and landing pad area provide superior balance

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vaughn V6 2300 Leg Pads are the product of Vaughn's new initiative to offer pad designed for every type of goaltender. While the V6 2000 has a traditional roll system, the 2200 offers the contrast, a flat face. Now you have the V6 2300, which combines the best of both worlds, offering a roll design that is also a flat face. Vaughn has optimized their V6 2300s by adding their new Carbon Enhanced Performance technology, which refers to the new carbon fiber material that Vaughn has added to their high-end pads this year. This carbon fiber increases impact protection and has allowed Vaughn to trim up to 4 pounds off of the initial weight of the pads!

Edited by seagoal

@seagoal 

All I'm seeing is the V4: 

• Full pro spec construction with new inner core give greater pad stability in both length and width

Which leads me to believe that's when the internals were first changed. I had a pair of V4's and aside from the boot settling in, the pad never really changed shape or shrunk 

Edited by coopaloop1234